Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anything I need to be aware of with my order that may prevent getting a VIN assigned? I changed the trim on mine from an SR+ grey with sport wheels to an LR blue with sport wheels yesterday. My payment still shows Tesla preferred lender but most likely I'll be going with my credit union. EDD is August 13-Sept 17 which is what it was even before I made changes yesterday.
As long as all of your pre-delivery tasks are completed in the app, you are fine. I've heard some people's EDD's take a few days to refresh. I'd give it a few days see if anything happens. If not, call your SA and make sure everything is completed and you aren't holding anything up.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
EDD pushed out this morning. Not surprised.

Order Date: 5/20
EDD (as of 5/27): Sep 9 - Oct 21
EDD (as of 6/10): Jul 6 - Aug 3
EDD (as of 6/20): Aug 21 - Oct 2

M3, LR, AWD, 19" Sport, Blue w/ Black interior
EDD pushed out this morning. Not surprised.

Order Date: 5/20
EDD (as of 5/27): Sep 9 - Oct 21
EDD (as of 6/10): Jul 6 - Aug 3
EDD (as of 6/20): Aug 21 - Oct 2

M3, LR, AWD, 19" Sport, Blue w/ Black interior
EDD updated to July 5-19 earlier this week which I did not expect. Are the delivery dates more accurate when they get shortened to two weeks?

Reactions: ElectricNerd
As long as all of your pre-delivery tasks are completed in the app, you are fine. I've heard some people's EDD's take a few days to refresh. I'd give it a few days see if anything happens. If not, call your SA and make sure everything is completed and you aren't holding anything up.
Looks like it was still stuck on the payment options. I'm most likely going third party financing but since I don't know if I will be doing that or Tesla's preferred, I just selected cash to get past that page. I can change that later right? Same with the trade in? No point in doing the trade in until I'm closer to delivery right?

Looks like it was still stuck on the payment options. I'm most likely going third party financing but since I don't know if I will be doing that or Tesla's preferred, I just selected cash to get past that page. I can change that later right? Same with the trade in? No point in doing the trade in until I'm closer to delivery right?
Exactly. Once you get a VIN, you can change those payment options by letting your SA know, and they can go in and change it in the system.

Out of general curiosity I have a question for those who have VIN’s or have taken recent delivery in the 280x-290x range. I know it’s been brought up a few times and it seemed like there was a pattern of the final 10,000 ish around the end of a month getting the Premium lights versus the Global Matrix. Is that happening again this month or did Tesla figure that out? I plan on taking my car whenever I get vin with whatever headlights it comes with, not a big deal for me but I’m just curious if the pattern is continuing. It seems like it has stopped but I could also just be missing it in the flurry of activity lately.
Check the matrix headlight thread and my survey for more data points. Just added two 2937xx cars built 6/19 with Premium ☹️

Thank you!! Hoping my EDD gets moved up now. My original order for the SR+ was on Feb 17th so we shall see if changing it to the more expensive LR and upgrading to the blue paint will speed things along.
Now that you have 146 posts, you can add your signature so that everyone has more info about your order and they can answer questions without asking you more questions.

OD 5/30 LR
6/7 Changed to performance
6/15 received vin
6/20 changed back to LR
6/22 EDD 12/11-2/11
Do you think that Tesla thought you were trying to "game the system" by upgrading your order to shorten your delivery time then reverted back for the car you originally wanted/
My pushed back EDD out of Q2 of 7/18-8/15 got sent back to 6/29-7/13 this morning.
Tesla is getting my hopes up!
What is your order date?

Dammit. I drank too much last night and woke up to see this on my account instead of my red LR. Most expensive drunk purchase I've made.
Screenshot_20220624-112942_Tesla.jpg

Went with 5% on the rear windows and back windshield. 15% on the front windows and roof. 70% on the front windshield. All 3M Nano Ceramic. Came out to $1380.
Does the rear windshield go all the way up to the top glass? And does 5% blend in with the top glass as well to make it look seamless?

Edit: I worded that poorly. What I meant was how far up the glass does a “back windshield” tint go and does it blend well?

Last edited: