Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of general curiosity I have a question for those who have VIN’s or have taken recent delivery in the 280x-290x range. I know it’s been brought up a few times and it seemed like there was a pattern of the final 10,000 ish around the end of a month getting the Premium lights versus the Global Matrix. Is that happening again this month or did Tesla figure that out? I plan on taking my car whenever I get vin with whatever headlights it comes with, not a big deal for me but I’m just curious if the pattern is continuing. It seems like it has stopped but I could also just be missing it in the flurry of activity lately.

I just picked up my car Tuesday. It was made within the last 2 weeks, VIN 293XXX and I have Matrix.

Do you think that Tesla thought you were trying to "game the system" by upgrading your order to shorten your delivery time then reverted back for the car you originally wanted/

What is your order date?
OD: 3/15
I'm in shock. I just received the VIN and EDD is now 6/24-6/28.
How long does it take for Tesla to reach out to schedule delivery?

I almost didn’t come back to write this post, but I have now seen two other new Tesla’s locally with the problem, so thought I would mention it. In picking up my car (which is yes, still great) the staff stuck the temporary paper license tag in a plastic sheet, and screwed it to the car with the top two screws in the plate holder. This means the lower half of that sheet is free to flap in the wind (and it does) as you drive. At my first supercharger stop, another Tesla owner came over and pointed out that one of my screws had worked its way out and the temp tag was now sideways, hanging by one screw. Careful examination revealed this one was also close to falling out.

A quick trip to a local hardware store for screws and some double sided tape, and I was good to go. I am sure there would have been a way to replace the tag, but I cannot imagine it would have been simple. My advice? Bring picture hanging strips (double sided tape) to pick up your car. Happy motoring!

Looks like it was still stuck on the payment options. I'm most likely going third party financing but since I don't know if I will be doing that or Tesla's preferred, I just selected cash to get past that page. I can change that later right? Same with the trade in? No point in doing the trade in until I'm closer to delivery right?
That’s what I was told. Recently changed all my stuff to complete even though I will finance through someone

Reactions: ElectricNerd
Just got a new update on up!
EDD8 (06/10): 06/19/2022 - 07/03/2022 (first 2weeks window !!!)
ED9 (06/20) 06/22/2022-06/24-2022 VIN assigned (294); Scheduled a 06/24 home delivery
06/21 3pm received text saying the car is ready, and a following phone car see if we could do home delivery or self pick-up on that day.
06/21 ~6pm got our car!!!:D Their was a mistake in our address (e.g., apt123123 instead of apt123). They said they will fix it (registration and loan) by mailing an one-time address change request.

Tiny update shrinking from a 5 week to 4 week window after just over a month since my last EDD. Not super significant since if any of you have been following this page since April you know there was probably 0 chance of an early-mid july delivery, but I'll take any and all days off of the end of the range that I can get.

7/19-8/23 -> 7/23-8/20

Picked up on flag day, so I threw a Tesla T flag decal on the back, covered up where someone neglectingly hit my car and put a tiny dent about the length of a centimeter on my bumper with a shopping cart. Jerks.

Attachments

• 40BE8106-1D3F-473E-A1B3-CDA302E07782.jpeg
    40BE8106-1D3F-473E-A1B3-CDA302E07782.jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 75
Does the rear windshield go all the way up to the top glass? And does 5% blend in with the top glass as well to make it look seamless?

Edit: I worded that poorly. What I meant was how far up the glass does a “back windshield” tint go and does it blend well?
When they tint the rear glass, it should cover the whole piece of glass. That's how mine is done. In one piece as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Maric and JB47394
Curious if anyone in SoCal is interested in PPF / Ceramic? We have a group buy going and would love to get a couple more folks in the mix to hit the price break with Sticker City. They're booking out to mid/late July now, so if anyone is taking delivery soon:) I'm taking delivery tomorrow and getting the work done in July.

DM me if interested!