Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly I don't trust the EDDs right now with the west coast push. I'm not sure if this is how it's been in the past but they seem to be swinging around for a lot of people very wildly. Tesla is cranking cars right now and literally dumping them in people's driveways lol. People are going to august edd then someone rejects and they get a car the next day. You could very well get a VIN tomorrow. I think it will settle back once July comes around
One thing you must know about me is I’m unlucky so even though I’m on the west coast I know I’m not getting it until late July probably 😆 I’ve already surpassed my original EDD so I know I’m not getting it soon.

Reactions: ZZ118
Mentioned to my wife I’m considering changing to white interior and she gave that a hard no. Doesn’t believe that it doesn’t stain. I could still get it if I really wanted, but I’m honestly torn between black and white, and I’m glad she made that decision for me haha!
Literally had the exact same conversation last week with mine. She's like are you crazy lol. Didn't tell her I bought the EAP though that can be a surprise;)

Mentioned to my wife I’m considering changing to white interior and she gave that a hard no. Doesn’t believe that it doesn’t stain. I could still get it if I really wanted, but I’m honestly torn between black and white, and I’m glad she made that decision for me haha!
I have a 10 and a 14 year old and still went with white interior, its super nice and much better with heat and night driving (in my opinion). I got some leather cleaner/protectant that I am going to apply tomorrow and it should be good for 6 months to a year or so. I would say if you are even hinting at wanting to go with white, do it. You will always have the thought in the back of your mind "what if". :) Its worth the extra money and so far after almost a week of ownership they have been fine and we already have almost 600 miles on it.

One thing you must know about me is I’m unlucky so even though I’m on the west coast I know I’m not getting it until late July probably 😆 I’ve already surpassed my original EDD so I know I’m not getting it soon.
Well I heard Tesla prioritizes VINs and delivery dates to those that fill out their profile signature and input their information into the order tracking spreadsheet so you should probably get on that...

Honestly same. I keep going back and forth on it. I’d love the white and I know I could coat it with something that will make it stain resistant but I also have dogs 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
Well I heard Tesla prioritizes VINs and delivery dates to those that fill out their profile signature and input their information into the order tracking spreadsheet so you should probably get on that...

I can’t figure out the signature. I don’t get that option on my phone. Is this something I need to do not on mobile?
I thought I had already done the spreadsheet. Will try again.

Honestly same. I keep going back and forth on it. I’d love the white and I know I could coat it with something that will make it stain resistant but I also have dogs 🤷🏽‍♀️
Was seriously thinking white. Then my wife told me that would be a bad idea so I went and watched some YouTube videos. The white seats really don't hold up that well. Every little thing stands out and when you see people clean them after months it's outrageous how dirty they actually become. I'm sticking with the black.

I asked my SA about the headlights and was told mine does not have matrix headlights. It seems to just be really random on whether you get them or not?

Does anyone else know what all comes with an order placed 3/11? I know I still get the mobile charger. Does it come with floor mats? I assume frunk had no mats? What about phone charger? I think 2022’s now come with wireless charging pads for the center console now?
The lights without matrix are very bright. I didn't get them either nor was I gonna wait for them. The floor mats are basic and I highly recommend the 3dmaxpider from Teslarati.com. They are made well and fit nicely in the floor. All weather mats.
The phone charges are in the console and over heat my phone sometimes. I got this for the center console for guests without micro-c chargers. It looks like it came with the car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-232036_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-232036_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 79
Graduation day today at 12. Got an email from the Mt Kisco dealership that this it the busiest weekend yet for them. Car will have my name in the windshield. I just check it over, make my payment, sign my paperwork and turn on the hazards. An SA will come out to check everything is good and then I’m off.

It’s supposed to feel in the mid 90’s today, sunny and humid. Hopefully no major issues with the car and the A/C can cool the car quickly. I have a 6+ hour drive so the TACC should have plenty of time to calibrate itself.

The lights without matrix are very bright. I didn't get them either nor was I gonna wait for them. The floor mats are basic and I highly recommend the 3dmaxpider from Teslarati.com. They are made well and fit nicely in the floor. All weather mats.
The phone charges are in the console and over heat my phone sometimes. I got this for the center console for guests without micro-c chargers. It looks like it came with the car
I bought the same console charger insert, the "Topfit for Tesla 2021 2022 USB LED Hub Compatible Docking Station of Center Console Smart Sensor(2021 Model 3 /Y)". It does fit great and looks really good. The only concern I have is I tried a PS4 controller with the data port and the car didn't recognize the controller but it did when I connected it to the glovebox USB port. I need to do more data transferring tests of the Topfit data port to be sure it's working correctly. Also, one of the complaints I've noticed is people saying it prevents the console light from going off because the door doesn't completely close. To test that I turned my phone's camera on while it was inside of the console, I then closed the door and then reopened it and watched the video. The light 'does' go off. Overall it looks great and is very useful.

Amazon link - https://amzn.to/3xUxSo2

I bought the same console charger insert, the "Topfit for Tesla 2021 2022 USB LED Hub Compatible Docking Station of Center Console Smart Sensor(2021 Model 3 /Y)". It does fit great and looks really good. The only concern I have is I tried a PS4 controller with the data port and the car didn't recognize the controller but it did when I connected it to the glovebox USB port. I need to do more data transferring tests of the Topfit data port to be sure it's working correctly. Also, one of the complaints I've noticed is people saying it prevents the console light from going off because the door doesn't completely close. To test that I turned my phone's camera on while it was inside of the console, I then closed the door and then reopened it and watched the video. The light 'does' go off. Overall it looks great and is very useful.

Amazon link - https://amzn.to/3xUxSo2
The port not seeing the controller is a known thing now unfortunately. They removed the data bus from those ports so the only way to do this now is the port in the glove box.

Does anyone know if they sell a splitter to where you can have your drive and the controller hooked up and functional at the same time? If so that wouldn't be bad to run your controller cable into the glove box then into the splitter and also have your SSD hooked up.

I order that too but still waiting for my car to try it 🤣