Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a former BMW and Audi owner, I have news for you. The build quality of your Tesla will not be in the same ballpark as those cars. Shut the door once and you'll hear the difference. If you are expecting immaculate build quality, manage your expectations. I am not excusing them for panel gaps but I'm telling you no matter what you pay, you are not going to get that.
Couldn't agree more. I went with Tesla with my eyes open and wasn't deluded in anyway. At the same price point, one should expect similar build quality but it's not. That's ok, but rather than simply accepting (as the previous poster did) it is important to voice one's concerns on such forums. If the collective can do/say something, Tesla may listen and improve their build quality over time. If we simply accept, Tesla will remain mediocre. That's all I'm saying!

I can’t figure out the signature. I don’t get that option on my phone. Is this something I need to do not on mobile?
I thought I had already done the spreadsheet. Will try again.

Attachments

• 207DF310-3E04-41D4-8FA8-80F147D17F3C.jpeg
    207DF310-3E04-41D4-8FA8-80F147D17F3C.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
Hello everyone,
I just ordered my first Tesla model 3. I’m super excited. Really wanted the Y but out of my price range. How is everyone enjoying your model 3’s.
Welcome, G…wish I could give you an answer regarding my M3. Still waiting, presently on day 95 since placing my order. However, my wife loves her MY. She thinks its so precious! (sorry about that, just couldn’t resist):)

Mentioned to my wife I’m considering changing to white interior and she gave that a hard no. Doesn’t believe that it doesn’t stain. I could still get it if I really wanted, but I’m honestly torn between black and white, and I’m glad she made that decision for me haha!

I went white. No regrets. Gives a sense of space in the car black does not. Researched the hell out of it before I made the decision. White is easy to clean and if you are worried you can apply a ceramic coat yourself for about $70 (which is what I did).

Last edited:
Honestly same. I keep going back and forth on it. I’d love the white and I know I could coat it with something that will make it stain resistant but I also have dogs 🤷🏽‍♀️

This is the answer to keeping the white seats pristine. After you treat the seats with this, it's an easy wipe off to clean. Very easy to apply.

Reactions: HeatherW22
🥳🎉🎉🥳 Congrats to everyone who took delivery of their M3's while I was on vacation! I kinda stopped checking the app as it hadn't moved since ordering and I've got a ways to go. But I got a surprise this morning!! 😁 Bit of a move up on EDD. Woo-Hoo!! I've got some reading to catch up on. Hey, I'm also super excited for those of you with recent VIN's. Good luck! Can't wait to see pix.

I asked my SA about the headlights and was told mine does not have matrix headlights. It seems to just be really random on whether you get them or not?

Does anyone else know what all comes with an order placed 3/11? I know I still get the mobile charger. Does it come with floor mats? I assume frunk had no mats? What about phone charger? I think 2022’s now come with wireless charging pads for the center console now?

I highly recommend Taptes floor mats. Watch the Bjorn Nyland review versus the Max Spider mats. They fit like a glove and they look so good in the car. I got them on Sale for $120. Watch for July 4th sales.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Hello everyone,
I just ordered my first Tesla model 3. I’m super excited. Really wanted the Y but out of my price range. How is everyone enjoying your model 3’s.
I read about the extremes - the extreme love people have for them and the extreme hate people have for Teslas, and it makes me not want to be enthusiastic about it and seem like jerk.
I grin everytime I decide to floor the accelerator at a light. I smile when I see kids point at my car as I drive by. I've had strangers and coworkers ask about my car - it's a conversation starter.

I like my car, but at the end of the day it's still a car. But it's super convenient.
Just get in and go. Minimalist interior. Multiple driver profiles that save the individual settings for seats, mirrors, and drive modes. Built-in navigation w/ free lifetime subscription. Built-in dashcam and security system. The Tesla app that let's me control the car from my phone, free. Third party data access via TeslaFi (not sure if other makes have something similar). No gas means one less errand I have to do.

The only thing I'll complain about is the ride quality. Because of the stiff/sporty suspension you feel every bump, crack, and pothole on the road.
I drove a RAV4 before and thought it was my imagination, but when my dad and I swapped cars last Sunday I definitely felt the difference in his RX 350. The roads felt smoother, but at the same time that 7" of ground clearance meant some body roll on corners.
Debating on getting enchanced autopilot what are your thoughts ?
I've definitely been thinking about pressing that buy button. $6K for basically 90% of FSD.
I think I'd rather put $6K into TSLA stock then sell it when the market overprices it due to the stock split.

Last edited:
I have a 10 and a 14 year old and still went with white interior, its super nice and much better with heat and night driving (in my opinion). I got some leather cleaner/protectant that I am going to apply tomorrow and it should be good for 6 months to a year or so. I would say if you are even hinting at wanting to go with white, do it. You will always have the thought in the back of your mind "what if". :) Its worth the extra money and so far after almost a week of ownership they have been fine and we already have almost 600 miles on it.
Agree!! ;)Passed up many nice cars with black interior. Had an electric blue 68 Pontiac GTO with pearl white interior. 😻

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
I read about the extremes - the extreme love people have for them and the extreme hate people have for Teslas, and it makes me not want to be enthusiastic about it and seem like jerk.
I grin everytime I decide to floor the accelerator at a light. I smile when I see kids point at my car as I drive by. I've had strangers and coworkers ask about my car - it's a conversation starter.

I like my car, but at the end of the day it's still a car. But it's super convenient.
Just get in and go. Minimalist interior. Multiple driver profiles that save the individual settings for seats, mirrors, and drive modes. Built-in dashcam and security system. Third party data access via TeslaFi (not sure if other makes have something similar). No gas means one less errand I have to do.

The only thing I'll complain about is the ride quality. Because of the stiff/sporty suspension you feel every bump, crack, and pothole on the road.
I drove a RAV4 before and thought it was my imagination, but when my dad and I swapped cars last Sunday I definitely felt the difference in his RX 350. The roads felt smoother, but at the same time that 7" of ground clearance meant some body roll on corners.

I've definitely been thinking about pressing that buy button. $6K for basically 90% of FSD.
I think I'd rather put $6K into TSLA stock then sell it when the market overprices it due to the stock split.
I’m looking forward to not going to the gas station. Thanks for your car story.

Reactions: guerro