Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, first time poster.

Just figured id throw my small update into the ring, OD 6/23/2022, this morning already have an updated EDD from the Sept-December2022 timeframe to Oct8th - Nov 19th. I realize it could/probably will change, but it seems like decently quick update for such a recent OD.

M3LR | White w/ Black interior | 19 inch Sport | Non-FSD

M3LR, Red, White Interior, Aero, no FSD

OD: 5/21
EDD1: 9/4-10-14
Delivery: 6/25 !!!

I was a bit skeptical since this was obviously from a customer who didn't accept delivery: was it because of defects? Other reasons?!?

Well, there was a really minor scratch on the inside of the frunk and a warped cover on the left C pillar (the plastic right behind the back seat): I already scheduled service to get those repaired/changed. Everything else was perfect!

Matrix lights (would have accepted it even with the other lights), Hankook tires and also the mobile connector (I was surprised to find it: I didn't order it since we already have one at home).
Tell us more about how you got such a quick delivery with a 5/21/2022 order date. Did someone at Tesla contact you directly and ask if you if you're willing to accept a car someone else rejected? Did your estimated delivery date change, or did they suddenly assign you a VIN? (Asking because I'm also in CA with a May 2022 order date so your situation is promising.) Thanks!

Reactions: guerro
Tell us more about how you got such a quick delivery with a 5/21/2022 order date. Did someone at Tesla contact you directly and ask if you if you're willing to accept a car someone else rejected? Did your estimated delivery date change, or did they suddenly assign you a VIN? (Asking because I'm also in CA with a May 2022 order date so your situation is promising.) Thanks!
Likely just got lucky mate. Wouldn't read into it too much you're probably looking at September at this stage. You can always call tesla and tell them to put you on a wait list. Some places do that and some people have luck with that. If you are less picky and will take any color/configuration that can help too. But yeah not much you can do but wait.

Likely just got lucky mate. Wouldn't read into it too much you're probably looking at September at this stage. You can always call tesla and tell them to put you on a wait list. Some places do that and some people have luck with that. If you are less picky and will take any color/configuration that can help too. But yeah not much you can do but wait.
Yes: I just got lucky. I assume someone rejected it and I was next in line with the same specs.
At this point I think their financing didn't go through or they were just not ready to accept delivery, since the car per se is almost perfect: apart from that plastic cover that's a bit warped and needs changed, I could totally live with that small scratch inside the frunk (but since it's all covered under warranty, I want it to be fixed!).

One day my delivery date was 9/4-10/14 and the next day I got a text with a Vin and the request to schedule my delivery. All through the app/website, I was not contacted by a SA directly.

Those of you who took delivery in California, did you get an envelope with paperwork inside the car to fill and mail? I didn't, but I heard some did. Not sure if I need to contact Tesla about this.
No envelopes to mail, all was done through the app.
My wife got her M3LR in December, then after 3 months the license plates arrived in the mail. Expecting the same time-frame for mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hiline
Gators918 It will be fun watching your wait compared to mine! I feel like we are very similar and I’m curious to see how it plays out!
both east coast and OD are close. Cars are different (but still upgrades- not sure how your wheels play into it - I have seen some stuff all about the wheels) and it will be fun to see who get theirs first. EDDs are very similar!
Funny you mentioned wheels. I literally stopped by Tesla dealer yesterday to talk with my SA Emily-so helpful! I originally ordered Aeros, but upgraded to 19 sport hoping it might push up my EDD. Nope, stayed the same. With everything I've learned on forum I switched back to Aero wheels. Better range for my work commute, more economical, and I can always pull off the covers! Hello July!!!😄

Graduation Day! Actually yesterday, but I'm glad it is over with. 103 days OD to DD. VIN 2781xx. Matrix, Michelin, mobile connector with NEMA 5-15 plug and J1772 adapter. 7 miles on the odometer. My experience was good, no issues. The location was not very busy, only a few people ahead of me. It is a small parking lot and there were maybe 15-20 vehicles awaiting delivery. A mixture of Model Y's and 3's. Saw a Model S Plaid which was probably an employee car. Took my checklists but ended up only using my eyes to look for anything that stood out. What appeared to be scratches on the front left turn signal lens cover turned out to be dried glue from a protective covering and was cleaned by a detail guy. The SA was helpful and since I told him I was familiar with the setup, he basically left me to my own devices. Spent a fairly long time Creating profiles, updating Control settings, installing my cupholder insert, armrest and console trays, etc.

Bought the keyfob prior to delivery, but the SA and I were unable to authenticate it to the car at the time. I was able to do it when I got home. It works perfectly to unlock/lock car, open frunk and open/close trunk. Also bought a silicone fob pocket that securely holds and protects the fob. Has imprinted buttons that make it easy to identify the functions. Included pics of Tuxmat floor mats I bought and the keyfob holder. The floor mats have a lot of coverage and provide a premium look, I think. They are expensive, but I wanted to splurge and get good quality.

Comfortable seats and the autopilot calibrated after maybe 20 minutes. I also felt the light vibration in the steering wheel for lane assist when getting too close to the lane markers. Smooth ride on smooth highway portions, but definitely a firm ride over bumps, small potholes, rough roadways. Tight steering in Standard mode. Note: I saw the AB (Acceleration Boost) in the upgrade portion of the app and considered it but will wait until I get tired of the already rocket acceleration. Can't justify 2K right now, but down the road...;)

Using wall charger at home is great. Took an hour to charge 63 miles driven. Out of curiosity, I left the car unplugged overnight to see how much battery drain and it lost 9 miles (4%) out of 286 miles when charged to 80%. I had left Sentry Mode on and some other items, so I will play around with setting to maximize drainage, but plan to keep the car plugged in when not in use.

I also took off the Aero covers and installed Tesla's Wheel Cap Kit 2.0. I know they will take a bit of a hit on mileage, but I like the look so far and will change back to Aero's for longer trips.

All in all, a joy to drive and absolutely worth the wait! I would not have had the knowledge or confidence to be able to arrive at the SC, assess the condition, create and adjust the settings and feel very comfortable about the entire process without all of the help, insight and guidance from each of you on this forum. Special thanks to the "senior members" who were there before me and had already "been there, done that". Of course, I'll stick around to answer any questions and provide support as I am able. Hang in there, you will be glad you did!
🎉🥳🎈🍻 CONGRATS!! I'm so happy everything checked out for you and you got the Matrix! I know it's been a hell of a wait! Good luck! #Team White

Reactions: jpaychek
I apologize for the delayed post (was sick in the last couple of days)... Anyway: everything worked out great! Got my Tesla!!!

M3LR, Red, White Interior, Aero, no FSD

OD: 5/21
EDD1: 9/4-10-14
Delivery: 6/25 !!!

I was a bit skeptical since this was obviously from a customer who didn't accept delivery: was it because of defects? Other reasons?!?

Well, there was a really minor scratch on the inside of the frunk and a warped cover on the left C pillar (the plastic right behind the back seat): I already scheduled service to get those repaired/changed. Everything else was perfect!

Matrix lights (would have accepted it even with the other lights), Hankook tires and also the mobile connector (I was surprised to find it: I didn't order it since we already have one at home).

Super happy (now, if only I can get over this virus and actually enjoy the car... :rolleyes:).
Dr. T you really lucked out and you took the chance! 🎉🙌🎉 Congrats! Nice color combo. Feel better and happy riding!

Reactions: Dr T
I realized that I haven't posted any pics of the Black Pearl recently. Here's some of her, now that she has her tint all done. I also added matte black wraps to the Tesla logos on the hood, trunk and steering wheel. Finally got my plate today as well. We call them the "Cloud Plate" here in Arizona. It's what lets me use the HOV lane anytime.
She also did her first software update today. I'm now on 2022.16.2
What tint percentage did you go with?

I see that some of you have been picking up your deliveries in Tampa. I recently ordered my Tesla in May 2022 and my EDD says October-Nov 2022. could someone explain how each quarter works and when they release cars for deliveries… it seems like Tampa gets a good amount of deliveries

Reactions: HeatherW22
Happy Quarter 3 everyone! If you weren't around this forum for the start of Q2 in April (feels weird to be one of the older orders at this point, still some folks before me but I'm getting up there in order age), get ready for a depressing 3ish weeks of pushed EDDs, not a lot of VINs, and group sadness before everything starts ramping up again! Stay chill and buy a single accessory every week to pace yourself or something lol.

I see that some of you have been picking up your deliveries in Tampa. I recently ordered my Tesla in May 2022 and my EDD says October-Nov 2022. could someone explain how each quarter works and when they release cars for deliveries… it seems like Tampa gets a good amount of deliveries
Hi
So the quarters are teslas financial quarters and they run in 3 month cycles. The typical pattern is as follows:
Month 1: trickle of new VINs that begins to pick up towards the end of the month. Usually these VINs are far away from the West Coast but they may include leftover orders from the west.

Month 2: This is the East Coast and middle of the country's time to shine. Many many VINs start to come now as well as deliveries though usually not as many for the West Coast.

Month 3: This month usually has a massive push especially on the West Coast. Folks on the west can see vin to delivery in a matter of days. There are still some East orders that are filled now. During this time especially on the west you need to be ready to take delivery whenever or you can be bumped. Then the whole cycle starts over again.

Q3 begins today. This quarter will see any final March orders fulfilled and start to process April and maybe May. There was a huge spike in orders in February and March that Tesla is still trying to finish. I suspect the "gas" demand has begun to level off but I'm sure the backlog is significant. If your order isn't by early May and/or west coast I would not expect it this quarter but we'll see how things go.

To expand on @ZZ118's great summary, here's a FAQ that might help.

And here's a post I put together for those watching the order stream here.

Happy Quarter 3 everyone! If you weren't around this forum for the start of Q2 in April (feels weird to be one of the older orders at this point, still some folks before me but I'm getting up there in order age), get ready for a depressing 3ish weeks of pushed EDDs, not a lot of VINs, and group sadness before everything starts ramping up again! Stay chill and buy a single accessory every week to pace yourself or something lol.
Happy July!! 🎆 Yep, I'm ready to accessorize. Ordered the Spigen screen protector and wheel caps/lugs yesterday. Thoughts on floor mats? Thanks!

Hi
So the quarters are teslas financial quarters and they run in 3 month cycles. The typical pattern is as follows:
Month 1: trickle of new VINs that begins to pick up towards the end of the month. Usually these VINs are far away from the West Coast but they may include leftover orders from the west.

Month 2: This is the East Coast and middle of the country's time to shine. Many many VINs start to come now as well as deliveries though usually not as many for the West Coast.

Month 3: This month usually has a massive push especially on the West Coast. Folks on the west can see vin to delivery in a matter of days. There are still some East orders that are filled now. During this time especially on the west you need to be ready to take delivery whenever or you can be bumped. Then the whole cycle starts over again.

Q3 begins today. This quarter will see any final March orders fulfilled and start to process April and maybe May. There was a huge spike in orders in February and March that Tesla is still trying to finish. I suspect the "gas" demand has begun to level off but I'm sure the backlog is significant. If your order isn't by early May and/or west coast I would not expect it this quarter but we'll see how things go.
Nice recap! I am a May order on east coast. When I told my SA when i ordered (did a test drive) his comment was “oh you should definitely have your car this year!” I will be honest, I was not hugely encouraged by his comment at the time. I was thinking “ummm yeah!“ But now I get it! Still, I’m really hoping for an Aug delivery!!!

Reactions: ZZ118
GM All,

First day of the new quarter. I turned 100 (days) today…still waiting, watching, and trying to decide on accessories plus where to get the PPF done.
100 is good! This is your month I’m sure! I’m wondering about any ev incentives/ rebates etc specific to our area! I sure would like to find Some of that incentive stuff. Any one have any helpful info on that?

Reactions: FLEO SJ and guerro