Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha I know this is true but man I still open the app a good 3-4 times a day. I'm 83 days in my patience is gone and I just get more excited every time I see a model 3 on the road. This is the first car I am going to have bought though.
I'm with you a 100% on all your points lol this is also my first brand new car and I can't wait. Next to my gym is a SuperCharger station and I look at all the teslas everyday I go

I considered switching to a P to get ahead of it, as the price difference is minimal when multiple interest hikes and acceleration boost is accounted for. Then I found out the P is a track car and needs tires and wheels replaced, costs more on insurance, costs more to charge, etc. I found myself spending all this extra money to turn the P into a LR and nixed the idea.
That's pretty much why I didn't order a P.

I’ve ordered a model 3 LR in mid March. Original delivery is at Bay Area. On Jun 24, which is a day before earliest estimate delivery date at that time, (vin was not assigned yet), I ask SA to delay release the vin number until 7/1, because I planned to move to Irvine in early July. On July 1, the vin number was still not out, and I called customer service to change my delivery location to Irvine. At that time the agent told me there will be some delay to the order, but was not very specific about what does that mean. Then today I saw my edd changed to late Oct - late Dec. I thought it might be a placeholder thing. So I called the customer service again today and they said this is due to the change of delivery location and my queue is now changed; I’m not in the priority priority queue as mid March orders and is not at the end of the current line now, as the new orders are from Nov to Feb. I am wondering if there is anything I can do now. Thanks.

The P was very tempting but just not worth the $5500 difference over the LR in the same configuration, especially with the range difference. This is with February 2022 prices. The P wheels look awesome but I don’t want to have to replace tires more often.
I learned due to the larger brakes you also have to use them more or they rust. (And you have very few after market options as the brakes are so large). I kept learning more and more deterrents as I researched.

I learned due to the larger brakes you also have to use them more or they rust. (And you have very few after market options as the brakes are so large). I kept learning more and more deterrents as I researched.
This M3LR is primarily for my wife to drive and will compliment our hybrid SUV for road trips. She could care less about the acceleration or top speed of the car. She thinks my SR+ is plenty fast.

Reactions: jpaychek
Graduated yesterday! Was supposed to pick up Monday, but got delayed due to logistics issues. Took delivery 12 days after switching from LR to P. Car didn't ride as rough as I thought it would, so it's a win. Will probably still end up going to 18 or 19 inch set-up because these tires are a liability waiting to happen. Wife was nauseous after the first launch, then made me go to IKEA, where I got nauseous.
What do you mean by "these tires are a liability waiting to happen"?

The P is just not a great deal as a daily driver. If you buy it your gonna sink a lot more money into it over the long term then the LR. Tesla just dangles it because people make an impulse buy wanting their car NOW instead of waiting. IMO there is no benefit to the P over the LR.

They are thin and stretched on the uberturbines. I live in Midwest with questionable roads in spots. The tires are not ideal for the roads I typically drive on a daily basis. I will be looking for something with a thicker sidewall in the future.
When Autopilot implements Pothole Avoidance (Beta), Tesla owners will rejoice.

So to anyone wondering I went back to the archives to see what was going on in April ( start of last quarter) and it was pretty much nothing until the last few days. Then the VINs started pouring in. That's the typical pattern I'm told so likely July will be similar, a slow frustrating month. I've also noticed this forum has gotten a lot quieter over the last few weeks as more and more veterans have graduated and less newbies have come on. Makes me wonder if orders placed are slowing down as well 🤔