Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you find out the exact dates for EDD? Mine on the app shows "September - December", and EDD has moved once - as it was originally "August - October".

------------------------------------------

M3LR, White/Black, 19" Sport Wheels and No FSD

OD is 5/19, original EDD was August-October, then changed on 6/1 to EDD of September-December.

Been back and forth on the 19" wheels vs 18" aeros. Would have chosen the 18" Aeros, but the EDD at that time was 2 months longer. May just sell the 19" Sport Wheels, and get some TSW or ADV1 19" wheels with 245/40/19 with a 5/10MM spacer on front and 10/15MM rear.
Your order isn’t complete. You have to make all of your selections. Cash and No Trade In until you get closer to a VIN. On the Tesla App if it says “Go to account” your order isn’t fully submitted. If it says “View” then you are done and will get actual dates as your EDD.

Your order isn’t complete. You have to make all of your selections. Cash and No Trade In until you get closer to a VIN. On the Tesla App if it says “Go to account” your order isn’t fully submitted. If it says “View” then you are done and will get actual dates as your EDD.
Just to add too you are likely not in the order queue until this is complete and you have actual dates so you should finish it asap

Just to add too you are likely not in the order queue until this is complete and you have actual dates so you should finish it asap
I'm a bit curious on this one, I got my dates while having "Loan" selected but that information not completed IE I hadn't selected my bank until recently. Not saying you are wrong, just curious how that works. All of my info is setup properly now and I haven't had any EDD changes.

I'm a bit curious on this one, I got my dates while having "Loan" selected but that information not completed IE I hadn't selected my bank until recently. Not saying you are wrong, just curious how that works. All of my info is setup properly now and I haven't had any EDD changes.
The problem with selecting loan or trade-in is that you’ll have to constantly update that info in the app (every 30 days I think) or your order can be delayed. Many people don’t realize they have to keep that info updated and then they go check their app and their EDD has jumped out because they new have pending things to do. It’s just a recommendation to keep things simple to select Cash and No Trade-in. You can change those at anytime with no consequences. Just keep an eye on your order.

The problem with selecting loan or trade-in is that you’ll have to constantly update that info in the app (every 30 days I think) or your order can be delayed. Many people don’t realize they have to keep that info updated and then they go check their app and their EDD has jumped out because they new have pending things to do. It’s just a recommendation to keep things simple to select Cash and No Trade-in. You can change those at anytime with no consequences. Just keep an eye on your order.
That is super helpful, I was definitely curious about Tesla's process on that. Since it really doesn't make sense to go get your loan until you are closer to your delivery date, at least waiting until you get a vin number. I wish they would iron out some of the quirks of the ordering system to be a little more clear and easy.

Reactions: deuskid
Coming up on 5 days until the start of my order window. We'll see if it gets pushed or if it holds. this is the closest I've gotten so far.
So far 4 EDD changes. Northern CA M3LR/ MSM/ black/ Aero/ No FSD Order: 3/24/22 EDD 6/7-7/19 | 7/26-9/6 | 6/11-7/16 | 7/05-8/16 | 7/11-8/8
We have the same delivery window 🤞🏽 If I enter this one it will be my 3rd time entering the EDD.

Reactions: QueenSundodger
I ordered a wall connector when I ordered my M3LR. I didn't order the mobile charing cord. I think I want to get one of those too.

Ok yeah so you wouldn't get it included. It's currently out of stock just checked but check the site frequently it comes back in-stock usually for a short time. I think it August they will update it so that also might be a better time to buy.
The mobile connector has been out of stock for quite a while now. You should be good with the wall connector for your main charging and can get this item when back in stock. Since I have an outlet already set up, I'm going to use the mobile connector for my main charging. So, it's now part of my daily routine to check if in stock but no luck so far. As ZZ said, it will hopefully be back in stock by August.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
The mobile connector has been out of stock for quite a while now. You should be good with the wall connector for your main charging and can get this item when back in stock. Since I have an outlet already set up, I'm going to use the mobile connector for my main charging. So, it's now part of my daily routine to check if in stock but no luck so far. As ZZ said, it will hopefully be back in stock by August.
Don't forget you can request to be notified when its back in stock. I signed up when they first announced it would no longer be included (but before they clarified for new orders). I got notified at some point last month that it was in stock and verified it, but I no longer needed to order one.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Don't forget you can request to be notified when its back in stock. I signed up when they first announced it would no longer be included (but before they clarified for new orders). I got notified at some point last month that it was in stock and verified it, but I no longer needed to order one.
I did put in my email to be notified when back in stock around mid-June. Someone mentioned that it was in stock for a day or two around the 23rd, but I never received an email alert and missed it. So, I'm just trying to cover all my bases at this point. Fingers crossed.

This is very helpful, Thanks!

I applied for financing even though I plan on paying cash and typically always due. I went to my account but couldn't find how to change to 'cash' so called Tesla. Alan [after a long hold] explained that my account is 'locked' but he could change that for me and did.

Sharing that info in case someone else whats to switch from finance to cash.

Reactions: Nfletcher
Does anyone have any insight into the "estimated build date" SAs can tell you that dont show anywhere else? I was in the Tesla store the other day and asked the SA if she could give me any more insight into my delivery date and she looked in the system and it say the car was to be built on July 29th
Well that's good to know since I'm only one day ahead of you lol. Some people have had luck with this but usually the SA just quotes your EDD. it's really a crap shoot and hard to confirm which SA is lying. I guess we'll see if you get a VIN around 7/29

Reactions: HeatherW22
It's a controversial topic but the general advice is to be safe not sorry and complete your app