Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They all will sell you on the top of the line tint - when IMO the ceramic XR Plus Black is amazing tint and less $$$. The true "heat rejection of the tint" is several factors, which is combined and weighed in the TSER value (Total solar energy rejected). Shops will reference the IR rejection value - but that is only a portion of the tints heat rejection value. Thus, the TSER is the best comparison.

Here is the TSER difference between the two:

XR Plus Prime: 30% = TSER of 61%
XR Plus Black: 30% = TSER of 57%

XR Plus Prime: 20% = TSER of 66%
XR Plus Black: 20% = TSER of 61%

Windshield:
XR Plus Prime: 70% = TSER of 49%
XR Plus Black: 70% = TSER of 49%

Doing the windshield (makes a big difference) and getting sunroof shades ($40-$80), the ones with the double layer work best in the hot summer months - as that will reduce the heat from the glass roof. Regardless if you tint it - the glass will heat up, and fill the cabin. Putting on a sun/glass roof shade in the hot months will keep you cool (similar to vehicles that come with sunroof shades) and less voltage to the AC system.
That's is a much smaller difference than I would have expected based. Good to know that it's probably not worth the money.

Reactions: Evpowerdan
EDD tightened from 7/8-7/22 to 7/9-7/16. No option to schedule delivery yet. Local SC still looks bare with no new cars on the lot.

Just saw the latest flyover video of Fremont factory from 7/6 and it looked like a ghost town.

I’m guessing production hasn’t resumed yet but the system has just allocated parts and assigned VINs for the first batch of cars to be made in preparation for when factory is running again. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Guess I'll expect my window to get pushed out next week.

Genuinely curious, those of you who are financing the car — how many months are you guys going with? I’m leaning towards 84 but idk how I feel about it. It being a super reliable car long term is the only reason I’d consider 84.
I’m doing 72 for lower minimum payments but I’ll try to double the payments when I can to pay it off in about 3-4 years.

You got any quotes on tint out in cali? I'm curious what a good price is since this is my first time getting a car tinted, this place is quoting 500$ for just the doors not including the back/roof. I'm also torn on floor mats, the 3d maxpider or the tesla/weathertech mats.
If I do the top of the line tint for all the windows and windshield looking at around 1k. Personally im going with the mid trim and would cost me 750 dollars, but I am not sure if I want to do the windshield don’t really see the benefit.

Genuinely curious, those of you who are financing the car — how many months are you guys going with? I’m leaning towards 84 but idk how I feel about it. It being a super reliable car long term is the only reason I’d consider 84.
48-60 depending on the rates whenever I get my vin.

I was advised not to do above 60, but I’m going to do the lowest amount of months I can afford to get the payments over as quickly as possible whilst still having money left over for saving.

I’m doing 84 for lower payments but just like @E90alex I’m planning on doubling up and paying it back quicker. Depending on how rates go I may also refinance in a year or two. I did that with my last car as my financial position changed and I paid it off sooner.

Question for the other WA peeps. I think I know the answer but I keep getting confused. Is the M3LR eligible for the WA state sales tax exemption? Or do I understand it correctly that a car must cost less than $45k to be eligible?
Yeah the car must cost less than $45k so not eligible. My final price breakdown shows 10.4% tax on the full amount 😵‍💫

Attachments

• C187FD9B-4359-412C-A632-2A0DDA712F11.jpeg
    C187FD9B-4359-412C-A632-2A0DDA712F11.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Guy Maughan
Consider this advice from a financial guru, Clark Howard

update 102 days no movement on my EDD. From the video a couple posts before this looks like Tesla still hasn’t started making cars yet so don’t expect my car to come in until like end of the month or sometime in August. Looks like I will be about 130 to 140 days to delivery. Yay me
Day 110 for me with no movement so far 😫

If I do the top of the line tint for all the windows and windshield looking at around 1k. Personally im going with the mid trim and would cost me 750 dollars, but I am not sure if I want to do the windshield don’t really see the benefit.
The windshield creates a lot of heat on the dashboard and front seats. If done in a light color - say 70%, it rejects almost 50% of the heat, that's substantial - especially in Texas on a smoking hot, 100+ degree sunny day.

The windshield creates a lot of heat on the dashboard and front seats. If done in a light color - say 70%, it rejects almost 50% of the heat, that's substantial - especially in Texas on a smoking hot, 100+ degree sunny day.
Man, the part that sucks is NC tint law doesn't allow any tint below the AS1 line on the windshield. I don't think it'd cause any problems since I'm not usually speeding anyway, never got a ticket.