Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found out the Tesla logo is a cross section of the induction motor. Never knew that now can't unsee that lmao

1657413968232.png

Not sure if it was the best move or not, but I went ahead and locked my interest rate with a 45 day lock. Hopefully I will get my car early and the rates don’t go up and all that good stuff!
That may have been a little soon since your EDD just starts on the edge of 45 days. However I am with you. I am debating locking another rate for 60 days at the end of this month and taking my chances. Interest rates WILL go up again soon that I'm sure

Reactions: HeatherW22
i‘m curious- I did a search on the tracker spreadsheet looking to see how many orders were in for Virginia. Now I realize that not everyone who orders a Tesla is on this site and they are not entering their data on the spreadsheet, but I was surprised at how few orders there were for Virginia. Can any one tell me how many cars come into Virginia, say at the Tysons Corner location at a time? Does this affect my actual delivery date? Like will they clump me and a couple other people who all have the same delivery location together thus influencing my delivery date? Or are there just so many other people out there that there is a steady stream of cars coming in to this location? Hope my question makes sense.

i‘m curious- I did a search on the tracker spreadsheet looking to see how many orders were in for Virginia. Now I realize that not everyone who orders a Tesla is on this site and they are not entering their data on the spreadsheet, but I was surprised at how few orders there were for Virginia. Can any one tell me how many cars come into Virginia, say at the Tysons Corner location at a time? Does this affect my actual delivery date? Like will they clump me and a couple other people who all have the same delivery location together thus influencing my delivery date? Or are there just so many other people out there that there is a steady stream of cars coming in to this location? Hope my question makes sense.
That's a hard question. As you said this group is a small percentage of new buyers. In my area I see Teslas everywhere yet I haven't seen a single person on here who is picking up at my delivery location since I started here. Anyway to answer your question your car will be shipped in a batch with other cars to your delivery location. Likely they will make sure they have at least enough to justify a truck load to your location and/or any nearby delivery location. This may impact EDD if they can't get enough cars for a truckload. But between all the models and the fact a truck only needs about 8-10 cars this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Can any one tell me how many cars come into Virginia, say at the Tysons Corner location at a time? Does this affect my actual delivery date? Like will they clump me and a couple other people who all have the same delivery location together thus influencing my delivery date? Or are there just so many other people out there that there is a steady stream of cars coming in to this location? Hope my question makes sense.
There is a steady stream of vehicles headed to Tysons Corner. Never fear that you're one of a few people taking delivery there this quarter because Teslas are absolutely everywhere here. The twist is that Tesla cannot physically send a steady stream of vehicles. They have to batch up east coast orders into rail shipments of hundreds of vehicles. That produces pulses of large numbers of deliveries in the east, and within any given pulse there are probably a couple truckloads of Teslas headed to Tysons Corner. When I picked up in March, things were pretty hectic, and the order volume has increased dramatically since then.

Not sure if it was the best move or not, but I went ahead and locked my interest rate with a 45 day lock. Hopefully I will get my car early and the rates don’t go up and all that good stuff!
Very good idea and I did the same thing! A week ago I started worrying about interest rates going up so I figured what the heck and locked in at 3.24% for 72 months, valid through 9/10. My current edd window extends beyond that so fingers crossed I get my car before then because that rate will almost certainly not be available in September if I have to reapply.

I would also call whoever you got your loan from and ask about an extension which is what I did since my loan would expire on 8/11 without it. They basically said they don't advertise it but they will do a 30 day extension for anyone who calls and asks for it. The guy I talked to at the bank said he also bought a Tesla not too long ago so he knows the process well and we had a good time talking about that :)

That's a hard question. As you said this group is a small percentage of new buyers. In my area I see Teslas everywhere yet I haven't seen a single person on here who is picking up at my delivery location since I started here. Anyway to answer your question your car will be shipped in a batch with other cars to your delivery location. Likely they will make sure they have at least enough to justify a truck load to your location and/or any nearby delivery location. This may impact EDD if they can't get enough cars for a truckload. But between all the models and the fact a truck only needs about 8-10 cars this shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Are you picking up in Brooklyn, or one of the LI locations?

I'm in VA...where is this spreadsheet?