Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I‘m with you there!

I’ve already gone through my seven stages of Tesla ordering. I believe a lot of us experience this or something similar while we travel down this path. 😉😀

1st Stage: Initial idea/thoughts. (Influenced some by the wife’s purchase of a MY last summer) Lasted for months.
2nd Stage: Research (Youtube, etc).
3rd Stage: Back and forth trying to decide.
4th Stage: Decision and ordering.
5th Stage: Consideration to upgrade due to constant EDD pushbacks.
6th Stage: Rejection of upgrade thoughts and accessory ordering.
7th Stage: Realization and resignation that it is a lonnnnggg process but will eventually play out.
😂😂😂
Can’t be any truer

Swung by my local SC after errands today and my car was there! Along with another base config white Model 3. The employee on the lot said they were literally just dropped off.

Both had Mfg date 07/07/22, 3077xx VIN confirmed matrix headlights and mobile connector in trunk.

Still no notification to schedule delivery in the app yet but will probably get it tomorrow since it’s on the lot now?

Attachments

• 0507DF5A-14C2-4F55-AA3F-02D4171A630E.jpeg
    0507DF5A-14C2-4F55-AA3F-02D4171A630E.jpeg
    788.9 KB · Views: 90
Swung by my local SC after errands today and my car was there! Along with another base config white Model 3. The employee on the lot said they were literally just dropped off.

Both had Mfg date 07/07/22, 3077xx VIN confirmed matrix headlights and mobile connector in trunk.

Still no notification to schedule delivery in the app yet but will probably get it tomorrow since it’s on the lot now?
Very happy to see matrix, hoping my 305xxx does as well!

For folks that have NOT experienced a less than stellar delivery take a look at what we experienced.

Huh? Inspect the car, then pay. If you don't like the car, you don't pay, regardless of the method used. In fact, ACH is preferred so that you don't have to return the check if the vehicle isn't up to snuff.

Position the cursor where you want the image to go in your reply, then press Ctrl+P. Drag your image into the box that pops up and it'll show up in your reply. If you want, you can click on the image in your reply and resize it using the little boxes that will appear at the corners of the image.

OK as this thread goes WAY to fast for me to keep up with so several apologies.....

Pics why we declined.....

These were taken in 100% sun so the red "X" was my camera limitation. SO do not take that as something on a defect at all because it is certainly NOT one.

However....the lines are VERY evident in the sun and from just about every angle. Something happened to put the flecks under the clear all across the passenger side of the car. If this was something to be "buffed" out I would do it myself but literally this is under the clear and hugely visible from every angle. I can't show it but it is even more evident when my wife looked at the driver/pax side.....Gotta love her!

The other issue is the glass. Take a look.....one side was within a millimeter and the other that I posted was like way off.
We didn't address this as we decided NOT to have the entire half side of the car re-painted from new.

So you wanted pics....here they are.

We Love TESLA....but this car VIN 227654.....needs a body repaint and anything after that is up to everyone else.

Just being honest.

And if anyone thinks the pics are just glare.....trust me they are not!

View attachment 805295View attachment 805297View attachment 805299View attachment 805300

Pictures what we found the Glass issues altogether......If someone wants to know let us know.

The issue is that someone BAILED on this car. We knew that and were very prepared to take delivery in May. My birthday by the way....but it had soooooo many issues it was something we could not accept.

I would just like to bring this to the front of the queue so people might get something out of it.

Glass is an issue....well I thought so. The last pic was a gap issue....but wait! ASK ME HOW....the front glass was within 1mm of the rear top glass.

Attachments

• Rear pax quarterpanel forward.jpg
    Rear pax quarterpanel forward.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Informative
Reactions: Originalando

Maybe, Tesla might just hold off until it passes final inspection