Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry it’s a 284 mile trip, over 400 miles round trip to Jacksonville from here in the Panhandle. A four drive each way to ask a question?
That makes more sense. My text responses are hit or miss, sometimes a week with multiple attempts to ask a question and no response. This morning they responded within a couple hours. I have also called Tesla's main line once (because they wouldn't answer my texts about my VIN), I had to wait 80min for a call back, but once i got it, they helped transfer me to my service center so i could talk to someone.

I'm spoiled with having 2 service centers within 15 minutes of me, so I have stopped by plenty of times to ask random questions as well.

Reactions: DM 216443
Sorry it’s a 284 mile trip, over 400 miles round trip to Jacksonville from here in the Panhandle. A four drive each way to ask a question?
I've always had great luck just emailing them. I'll email one address and it seems to go into a queue where someone else responds within a few hours. Try some of these addresses...(make sure you include your RN#)

ljeremiah @ tesla.com​

odegray @ tesla.com​

I've always had great luck just emailing them. I'll email one address and it seems to go into a queue where someone else responds within a few hours. Try some of these addresses...(make sure you include your RN#)

ljeremiah @ tesla.com​

odegray @ tesla.com​

I always wondered who people emailed with questions. I never got an email after ordering so I couldn't respond to one.

Reactions: DM 216443
That makes more sense. My text responses are hit or miss, sometimes a week with multiple attempts to ask a question and no response. This morning they responded within a couple hours. I have also called Tesla's main line once (because they wouldn't answer my texts about my VIN), I had to wait 80min for a call back, but once i got it, they helped transfer me to my service center so i could talk to someone.

I'm spoiled with having 2 service centers within 15 minutes of me, so I have stopped by plenty of times to ask random questions as well.
Thank you that really helps. I know we shouldn’t take it personally but wife and I are over 75 and so far there hasent been much that is encouraging about the process of buying our lovely Tesla M3 vehicle. Perhaps if you were our age it might just worry you as well.

Thank you that really helps. I know we shouldn’t take it personally but wife and I are over 75 and so far there hasent been much that is encouraging about the process of buying our lovely Tesla M3 vehicle. Perhaps if you were our age it might just worry you as well.
Unfortunately you will not really hear much back until you get closer to delivery. Most car manufacturers are like this not just tesla. As you get closer you will be hearing more trust me

New EDD lmao this car is never coming

It's actually Sept 10th it's just cutoff and yes it's a push back but a shorter overall EDD
Welcome to our world! I am still on the OD of 26 March and waiting.
Not the EDD update we were hoping for, looks like I’ll be hanging around a bit longer. So a minimum of 120 days

Northern CA M3LR/ MSM/ black/ Aero/ No FSD
Order: 3/24/22
EDD 6/7-7/19 | 7/26-9/6 | 6/11-7/16 | 7/05-8/16 | 7/11-8/8 | 7/25-8/22
SOOOO CLOSE! zero movement on our end....granted, factory was shut down and I "think" it is making cars again
Quick update 107 days for me and my EDD has not change which is 7/20-8/24 still a huge window. I am expecting this EDD to change the day of and maybe a couple more times after that. Crossing my fingers I get a win over the weekend or start of next week.
So sorry but get used to dates.......we are similar. It is SUPER FRUSTRATING to watch folks take delivery.
To anyone still waiting for a car I was thinking of this today and maybe it will help out others. I was a little bummed my EDD moved back (but tightened) but then I thought about what EDD stands for. I know the E is for estimated which I think most of us here understand. But what about the DD? It stands for delivery date. Not VIN date, Not shipping date, but DELIVERY date. It is the date Tesla thinks YOU will HAVE the car. So this made me realize the car may start production soon even with the EDD pushback but it is still gonna take time to travel cross country. If you are on the East Coast and you don't have a VIN yet you will likely not have a car until the middle of August like myself. Hope this helped put things into perspective. Just a little longer....
Awaiting my new car, I text and call but no one ever replies. Simple delivery questions. From my point of view they just not care. Such a red flag. Just about to cancel the car sadly. I was so excited but that joy has sooted into worries. How do you guys handle being treated this way with a hundred grand on the line. What am I missing?
Cancel your order if you don't want the stress! We waited for 6 months to get a custom order on a P car but was SOOOOOO friggin' frustrated while it sat in port.

Entering our EDD which, while it has changed, I would love to see an update.

Hi
Welcome to all the newcomers

Just a quick summation:

1) Wait time right now is over 100 days, closer to 4-5 months
2) Tesla runs in quarters, these quarters follow the normal calendar. We have just started Q3 (July-Sept)
During a quarter the typical pattern is as follows (M=month)
M1- Maintenace, start production, few deliveries from last quarter/backlog
M2- Shipping and delivery starts to East Coast, few West Coast orders
M3- Final delivery to East Coast, massive push to West Coast
3) East coast orders tend to be more stable in M2-M3 while West Coast see a huge flurry of activity in M3 with very quick VIN to delivery
4) Tesla is still finishing March orders and just starting April orders
5)During maintenance phase NOTHING will speed up your EDD
6) It takes about 2-3 weeks from shipping to delivery on East Coast
7) Once you get a VIN your car is not shipped yet this may take a few days
8) Color, wheels, FSD may have a little impact on EDD but not as much as some people make it out to be
9) If you upgrade to a P (or RWD to LR) you will go into a new line but you will have a spot in that line based on your original order date (i.e. order RWD in 2021 switch to LR this month you are front of the line now)
10) Model 3 P has around a 4-8 week delivery time, it is the most surefire way to get a car fast but there are major drawbacks to that model (especially in cold climate and/or poor roads)
11) SA's are very busy and really don't/can't/ shouldn't constantly respond to " I ordered my car last week WhErE iS it????!!)
12) This site is an encyclopedic archive of knowledge on Tesla, almost anything you can want is here. Use the search bar

Hope that helps everyone, good luck and enjoy your car!!

I am located in Durham, NC. Assuming color doesn't make any difference, my OD is 03/17 and got a EDD push back to 08/03-08/17 from 07/23-08/06. EDDs for the east coast folks are darn undependable I guess.
Similar here! NC delivery, OD 3/23, yesterday EDD was pushed to 8/6-8/20.. T.T
Good thing is that it’s my first time getting 2 weeks window. Hopefully it means somewhat progress in the queue…

Here is some information to help with getting order information organized, along with some other helpful stuff.

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happens throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.
General advice:
Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.

Treat this like you were ordering a custom order car from a dealership - except everyone's order is a custom order.
Expect to wait +120 days.
When you get a VIN and are asked to schedule a delivery date, you are given a 3-day block to select a 1-hour appointment.

This is where Tesla is the least flexible - if you cannot make it anytime in the 3-day block, you won't be getting your car - it'll be given to the next person with a matching order.
I've read about people here who were able to move the delivery window past the 3 days (not including transport delays), but those are rare and are probably because of an SA being nice.

On delivery day you are either going to pick it up at the Tesla Store or you'll be doing a home delivery.
If you are paying via a certified cheque or bank draft, you'll need to have it at pickup, or if its a home delivery you hand it to the person delivering your car.
All registered drivers need to be present at pickup.
Florida laws for vehicle insurance apply, since you are in Florida.
If you are doing a showroom pickup the local SA can walk you through the basics of the vehicle - for a home delivery I'm not sure if they do anything.
If you notice any issues within 24 hours/100 miles, submit a service request in the Tesla App, and Tesla will fix it at their expense.

You are also allowed to straight up reject the vehicle at delivery.
You'll be put at the front of the queue for the next matching order.

Last edited:
General advice:
Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.

Treat this like you were ordering a custom order car from a dealership - except everyone's order is a custom order.
Expect to wait +120 days.
When you get a VIN and are asked to schedule a delivery date, you are given a 3-day block to select a 1-hour appointment.

This is where Tesla is the least flexible - if you cannot make it anytime in the 3-day block, you won't be getting your car - it'll be given to the next person with a matching order.
I've read about people here who were able to move the delivery window past the 3 days (not including transport delays), but those are rare and are probably because of an SA being nice.

On delivery day you are either going to pick it up at the Tesla Store or you'll be doing a home delivery.
If you are paying via a certified cheque or bank draft, you'll need to have it at pickup, or if its a home delivery you hand it to the person delivering your car.
All registered drivers need to be present at pickup.
Florida laws for vehicle insurance apply, since you are in Florida.
If you are doing a showroom pickup the local SA can walk you through the basics of the vehicle - for a home delivery I'm not sure if they do anything.
If you notice any issues within 24 hours/100 miles, submit a service request in the Tesla App, and Tesla will fix it at their expense.

You are also allowed to straight up reject the vehicle at delivery.
You'll be put at the front of the queue for the next matching order.

"You are also allowed to straight up reject the vehicle at delivery.
You'll be put at the front of the queue for the next matching order."

We experienced something similar......Back in May we declined a delivery that was refused from someone else. Our EDD went back to what we have now plus or minus a couple days.