Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went with grey, white interior (to speed up delivery a little) and aero wheels. I’m planning on wrapping it as soon as I take delivery, I’m narrowed down to like 3 colors and then going to do some research here and decide between bags/coil overs and try to find some cool JDM wheels so I still feel somewhat attached to that culture lol
There is a JDM Model S that parks from time to time on my running route and the first time I saw it I was very impressed. Love to see that culture coming over to the EV space as well.

Reactions: IWRBR
Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts

The day has finally come guys 🥳 I GOT MY VIN! 313xxx with a delivery window of July 19-23. I have a work event on the 23rd so hoping I can do it on Friday the 22nd. I had a dream last night that I woke up to my vin and I had to literally pinch myself when o woke up and checked my phone and the vin was there. I thought I was dreaming still. 🎉🎉🎉

Got new updated EDD, another 14 days window, moved up just ONE day, from 8/6-8/20 to 8/5-8/19.. better than pushing back 😂
OD 3/22, confirmation email came on 3/23.
I got a VIN assigned and showing on my account. Probably account update happened in the past one hour. :)
No call or text or email. EDD changed to 08/03-08/06.
So OD to VIN assignment is 121 days.

Hopefully your is coming in the next week or so!

The day has finally come guys 🥳 I GOT MY VIN! 313xxx with a delivery window of July 19-23. I have a work event on the 23rd so hoping I can do it on Friday the 22nd. I had a dream last night that I woke up to my vin and I had to literally pinch myself when o woke up and checked my phone and the vin was there. I thought I was dreaming still. 🎉🎉🎉

First time posting in the LR waiting room, but I am in the exact same situation as you!

Got my Final Payment email this morning and VIN as well - 313xxx, delivery window of July 19-23. I am in Vancouver, BC but I guess you're close enough that we're in the same batch and delivery times!

We have the same configuration and OD. Got my VIN too! Cheers!

Took delivery in the beginning of June and promised to post pics after getting the windows tinted. I haven’t done the rear glass yet due to misaligned glass that will have to be replaced.
35% front sides and 20% rear sides.
The wait is worth it.

Attachments

• 104B9956-D2D3-4C40-BD45-4420EFFD7C42.jpeg
    104B9956-D2D3-4C40-BD45-4420EFFD7C42.jpeg
    465.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 448C05B5-22C6-4EAA-AA66-E15A94201E90.jpeg
    448C05B5-22C6-4EAA-AA66-E15A94201E90.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 67
First time posting in the LR waiting room, but I am in the exact same situation as you!

Got my Final Payment email this morning and VIN as well - 313xxx, delivery window of July 19-23. I am in Vancouver, BC but I guess you're close enough that we're in the same batch and delivery times!

We have the same configuration and OD. Got my VIN too! Cheers!
Whoop whoop! Cheers to you guys as well! Our waits are almost over!

Reactions: cbean00
I got a VIN assigned and showing on my account. Probably account update happened in the past one hour. :)
No call or text or email. EDD changed to 08/03-08/06.
So OD to VIN assignment is 121 days.

Hopefully your is coming in the next week or so!
I refreshed seeing as I am here in NC as well still no update, long wait. I did buy some small items on Prime day, still need to order my mats.

Finally congrats! Picking mine up later today!

Just got closer to matriculation. Received my VIN this afternoon. Called Tesla to change from cash to loan and gave them lending institution information. Verified the updated MVPA and uploaded insurance info. They told me the car was enroute to Tysons Corner with an estimated arrival on 30 Jul. I think I’ll have a 31 Jul-2 Aug date range for pick up. Standing by.