Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, since the trade In window is only valid for 30 days and that will have an impact on the amount I’m financing, should I wait to add that in, or does completing those tasks now actually help?

Also are most of you just using Tesla for finance for convenience, or should I look at other options since I have time?

Graduation post! No major issues seen so far. Slight misalignment on rear door trim to quarter panel glass trim but doesn’t bother me enough to have them try to do anything about it.

Some dirt smudges on the interior that can easily wipe off so no big deal.

View attachment 829446
CONGRATS! I just a scheduled my pickup for Wednesday afternoon!

Mods feel free to move this if it's in the wrong spot.
Anyone checking the rear motor to see if they are getting the 980 motor with current M3 LR deliveries?
Asking for friend who might be considering the IGENEXT Ghost upgrade for M3 LR with 980 rear motor.

Also wondering if everyone stateside is receiving the Matrix headlights on M3 LR?
EDD staying steady at Aug 22-Sept 24th

Quick question, since the trade In window is only valid for 30 days and that will have an impact on the amount I’m financing, should I wait to add that in, or does completing those tasks now actually help?

Also are most of you just using Tesla for finance for convenience, or should I look at other options since I have time?
Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.

Select cash as a placeholder payment option and no for trade-in.
This is to avoid multiple hard credit checks and having to constantly update your trade-in pictures/quotes as the months tick by waiting for a VIN.

Once you get your VIN, then start getting everything lined up.
Ask your SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in (if you plan on trading in a vehicle to Tesla directly), and get your insurance policy updated.
Ok, appreciate the insight. Going to update that info now. Assuming SA means sales advisor, is that if you placed an order with a rep directly or is everyone assigned an SA? I just did the order myself online. Sorry if that’s a redundant question that’s been asked a bunch of times in here.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Ok, appreciate the insight. Going to update that info now. Assuming SA means sales advisor, is that if you placed an order with a rep directly or is everyone assigned an SA? I just did the order myself online. Sorry if that’s a redundant question that’s been asked a bunch of times in here.
You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).

EDD update this morning, moved back to August 19th to September 16th. I want it to move closer not further away haha
I'm ngl initially I was ok with my EDD moving back a bit as I posted a few days ago. But now I'm getting really worried. From the videos tesla is fully cranking but no one with April orders seems to be seeing any positive movement. Also it takes east coast 2-3 weeks to get shipments so tesla needs to build my car within the next 10 days to meet the start of my window. Idk I'm not going to cancel obviously but I'm really frustrated as I thought I'd see positive EDD movement by now.

I'm ngl initially I was ok with my EDD moving back a bit as I posted a few days ago. But now I'm getting really worried. From the videos tesla is fully cranking but no one with April orders seems to be seeing any positive movement. Also it takes east coast 2-3 weeks to get shipments so tesla needs to build my car within the next 10 days to meet the start of my window. Idk I'm not going to cancel obviously but I'm really frustrated as I thought I'd see positive EDD movement by now.
I’m a 4/3 order date and am reasonably expecting to take delivery in late August.

Reactions: guerro
I’m a 4/3 order date and am reasonably expecting to take delivery in late August.
Yeah and that's what makes me nervous lol. I'm not trying to be impatient. My current car is on borrowed time every day idk if it's gonna start anymore that and every month interest rates are rising are the two things driving my anxiety. Hopefully things start to pick up soon :)

I plan to bring my finance check and my downpayment check to tesla when I pick-up but the paperwork will have to be correct as they will have to re-title it if they don’t put my credit union on it and I’ll have to pay for that.
So you are still able to proceed to final delivery even though you have not completed the final payment step in the app? I’m assuming you need to reach out to the SA to let them know you are bringing in a check?

So you are still able to proceed to final delivery even though you have not completed the final payment step in the app? I’m assuming you need to reach out to the SA to let them know you are bringing in a check?
So I’m going to call them cause it has my payment method as cash not 3rd party finance. So I have to fix that but then I can bring a cashiers check to pickup

Congratulations!!! I ordered mine a month after you so my 4th EDD should be quite accurate (07/25-08/22).

Which location are you picking up your new ride? I'll be getting mine at Great Northern Way.

Thanks! Hopefully your EDD doesn't change. I noticed my EDD would change as soon as I hit the week of the EDD range. This happened twice before last week when it stayed the same. Got my Final Payment email the morning of the first date EDD window. It should narrow down as you get to your actual VIN assignment (typically a 2 week window)

Picking up at Great Northern Way as well! Waiting my text to schedule delivery time/date