Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's been the pattern for the last two quarters at least; eastern orders being prioritized early because Tesla has to load up large rail shipments, and western orders being prioritized later because they can go out at any time on a car carrier.
That is how they have doing it for a long time. They do he same thing in China. The first month or so of a quarter’s cars are put on ships for Export and the last month is for local delivery.

That's been the pattern for the last two quarters at least; eastern orders being prioritized early because Tesla has to load up large rail shipments, and western orders being prioritized later because they can go out at any time on a car carrier.
Been the same for the last 5 years at least. The really early in the quarter orders were the ones for overseas that needed to be put on a container ship. I am not sure if that pressure is there these days with Shanghai and Berlin GigaFactories.

Reactions: JB47394
Been the same for the last 5 years at least. The really early in the quarter orders were the ones for overseas that needed to be put on a container ship. I am not sure if that pressure is there these days with Shanghai and Berlin GigaFactories.
Shanghai is Tesla's designated export hub for Model 3 and Y. As Fremont is the only factory for Model S and X, I assume they export around the world.

EDD just moved to Nov 19 - Jan 14, the EDD was just July 18- Aug 1 what the hell is going on ???
I ordered on 4/7 and sold my car 2 weeks later 🙃 I have not road the bus this much since high school.

I’m so done with these games, I’m going to test drive an i4 this weekend, bmw has 2 in my area. Also looking at the Ford Maverick Lariat I know it’s not a truck.

Reactions: phaheem
I don't know anything about finance really,
EDD just moved to Nov 19 - Jan 14, the EDD was just July 18- Aug 1 what the hell is going on ???
I ordered on 4/7 and sold my car 2 weeks later 🙃 I have not road the bus this much since high school.

I’m so done with these games, I’m going to test drive an i4 this weekend, bmw has 2 in my area. Also looking at the Ford Maverick Lariat I know it’s not a truck.
When is your order date? What config did you order?

You aren't allowed to stop playing, you can only change who you play with.
You can check in anytime, but you can never leave 🙃
So where does the Rockies and Midwest fall in deliveries? I hear people mention East and West coast nonstop, but there is a pretty big chunk of land between both of those with deliveries as well.
JB47394 has a good answer:
Yes. If a location is closer by truck to Fremont than it is to Chicago, Illinois or Birmingham, Alabama, then it will receive deliveries direct from Fremont, making it "west coast". I did some scatter plots of data a while back and in those I defined west coast as CA, WA, OR, NV, AZ, ID, MT, WY, CO, and NM.

We see this regularly; somebody will see a huge bump in their EDD. The good news is that the dates usually come right back after a week or so.
Order Date 4/7
Original EDD 05/28-07/02
New EDD 07/05-08/16
New EDD 07/07-08/11
New EDD 05/23-07/07
New EDD 07/14-08/11
I had hope 07/15-07/27
I was ready 07/18-08/01
I lost hope 11/19- 01/14/23
LR,Blue, Aero, No FSD.
Pick up Location was Sunnyvale now Fremont
No Vin yet 😂🤣

Order Date 4/7
Original EDD 05/28-07/02
New EDD 07/05-08/16
New EDD 07/07-08/11
New EDD 05/23-07/07
New EDD 07/14-08/11
I had hope 07/15-07/27
I was ready 07/18-08/01
LR,Blue, Aero, No FSD.
No Vin yet 😂🤣
This makes me nervous :( my EDD is currently 10/16 - 11/27 with an OD of 7/1... I get this feeling it'll get pushed back too.

Reactions: NicksterLRM3
Order Date 4/7
Original EDD 05/28-07/02
New EDD 07/05-08/16
New EDD 07/07-08/11
New EDD 05/23-07/07
New EDD 07/14-08/11
I had hope 07/15-07/27
I was ready 07/18-08/01
LR,Blue, Aero, No FSD.
No Vin yet 😂🤣
That's insane...I even ordered the same specs and ordered 2 months later and my newly updated EDD is 9/14-10-19. Now i'm on the east coast so maybe their loading the next and skipping local?

Reactions: NicksterLRM3
Order Date 4/7
Original EDD 05/28-07/02
New EDD 07/05-08/16
New EDD 07/07-08/11
New EDD 05/23-07/07
New EDD 07/14-08/11
I had hope 07/15-07/27
I was ready 07/18-08/01
LR,Blue, Aero, No FSD.
No Vin yet
All those EDDs have been very unrealistic. You are looking at an August delivery. It will update soon don't worry. As for the i4 all I been say is Goodluck getting one before 2023

Reactions: Nfletcher
Got the call this morning that my car was ready for pickup if i wanted to come in today to get it and of course I said YES! Today is graduation day for me! 124 days ago I placed this order. I’ve dreamed of this day since the first Model S rolled off the line in 2012. Can’t wait to post photos later of my new ride!! Thank you to everyone for all your help with questions/support and of course the community love of knowing we aren’t going through this wait alone.

EDD shift today! I was so irritated that I had updated to next month over the weekend I didn’t check it today. When I finally decided to bite the bullet after lunch I saw I have a 7/23-8/4 EDD. OD: 3/19 an hour away from Fremont.

Question is, do I start the loan process now or wait till I have VIN? What’s the consensus gang?

Reactions: HeatherW22
EDD shift today! I was so irritated that I had updated to next month over the weekend I didn’t check it today. When I finally decided to bite the bullet after lunch I saw I have a 7/23-8/4 EDD. OD: 3/19 an hour away from Fremont.

Question is, do I start the loan process now or wait till I have VIN? What’s the consensus gang?
I would start the loan now. Interest rates likely going up again next week. You will have a car before the 60 day loan lock is up.

Start it now! Rates are climbing like the ivy on my house!