Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just waiting 116 day since OD and see people get vin from April and may orders while my EDD gets push back.

1658432700392.gif

Received email today that VIN has been assigned. App now says delivery date 7/21-7/25. Today is 7/21. This morning app stated delivery date 8/1-8/29. We are in Albuquerque car is assigned to be picked up in Colorado Springs. (6 hour drive one way). Reached out to rep; as we have not received a final cost sheet. We are unable to secure a loan without info. We are also selling current vehicle to apply towards down payment. Conveyed to rep that pick up of 7/30 would be logistically reasonable. Only response we received was: what is the name of lender and amount financed? Let rep know we need final numbers to secure loan. Have not heard back in hours.
Any suggestions for next steps?

• Informative
Reactions: IWRBR
What kind of rate did you get? I have a pre approval for 3.19 with Navy Federal but am aggravated since they market 2.79 but I guess my almost perfect credit isn’t good enough for them.
I spoke with them and the shortest term was probably that rate. If you do 48 60 or 72 months probably a tad higher.
I plugged in 96 months and the rate was 5.89-18% based on credit score.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Any suggestions for Tesla M3 floor mats?
I opted for the Taptes mats this time, and I previously owned the 3D maxpider mats. The Taptes mats are very similar to the maxpiders, but at almost 1/2 the price. Highly recommend them.
View attachment 830495
I still haven’t picked a name out but I know it’s a she. Couldn’t have been happier with my delivery. It was quick and easy. And the service center rep that stayed late for me. I got stuck in a meeting longer than I anticipated and then got stuck in traffic on my way to the Fife Service center. What should’ve been a 5PM pickup turned into a 6PM pickup. I was the last one of the day and everyone else had already left. Everything was perfect on the car. Great fit and finish, Matrix lights, Ryzen chip, Hancock Kinergy Tires. Speedy as all can be. Took my mom for a quick drive and she was blown away by the acceleration. We plan on taking her Audi S7 and my model 3 to a back road now and seeing who’s quicker. I think you all have a good idea of who might win ;) haha! While that wait is rough and we all go through the “I just can’t do it anymore” phase. It is 100000% worth it. I could not be more happy with this car. Happy Graduation day to me. Hoping you all get your cars soon and have just as good an experience as I did.
Awesome that yours included the matrix headlights - that gives us more hope. I go through the “can’t wait any longer” phase weekly, lol, but every alternative car I consider just doesn’t compare to the Tesla in terms of price, efficiency, range, features, etc. At this point I’m expecting a 4 month wait from order to delivery

I confirmed it has Matrix lights. I'm pretty sure we got cars that were rejected or people passed up on. I actually feel kind of guilty and sucks the joy out of it when I see others waiting for a month longer. Doesnt seem right on Teslas end.
Feel the joy. We're all thrilled that you're getting your car. If it's a declined vehicle then it's a special case specific to your delivery location. You just happened to be next in line for that particular configuration. Sometimes lightning strikes.
Stay in contact with your SA and be ready to move as they can get information to you. They want to facilitate your sale as much as you do, but the SAs don't control the delivery process until the car is in their hands. That means that things will get moving when the vehicle arrives at the delivery site. Note that there won't be any negotiation of delivery dates. You will be offered your choice of three consecutive days (that they choose), and that's when you'll be expected to show up and pay for the vehicle. If you can't, then Tesla will search for someone else who can.
Interesting. I ordered on 6/1. I better get things ready just in case.
I hope you're joking because his is a special situation. He's getting a car that was either declined or the deal simply fell through (older VIN number). As with @MAF89, he happened to be next in line at that delivery location for that configuration. Trust your initial EDD - and just hope that lightning strikes for you too.

Reactions: MAF89 and Nfletcher
Received email today that VIN has been assigned. App now says delivery date 7/21-7/25. Today is 7/21. This morning app stated delivery date 8/1-8/29. We are in Albuquerque car is assigned to be picked up in Colorado Springs. (6 hour drive one way). Reached out to rep; as we have not received a final cost sheet. We are unable to secure a loan without info. We are also selling current vehicle to apply towards down payment. Conveyed to rep that pick up of 7/30 would be logistically reasonable. Only response we received was: what is the name of lender and amount financed? Let rep know we need final numbers to secure loan. Have not heard back in hours.
All good Tesla agreed to 7/30 pick up.

Super excited for everyone who is getting VINs! Congrats that is wonderful!

I'm starting to get nervous as hopefully this means I'm soon up in line. Also encouraging see people with 4-5 week EDD all of a sudden get VINs as mine has been stuck on a 5 week for almost 10 days. Guess now I'll just have to be more obsessive checking the app instead of twice a day lol

Again to everyone getting the car soon best of luck and safe travels

Also, I'd strongly recommend anyone who thinks there car will come in the next 60 days to bite the bullet and apply for the Tesla loan if that is what you are planning. Interest rates WILL rise again 75-100 basis points next week when the Fed meets again. The credit score hit is very minimal if it even occurs.

Edit: I just did it and locked in at 4.24% April. Tesla doesn't seem to offer any deal on a shorter term loan so I took the 72 months.

Last edited:
Please explain if one set of headlights is better than the other?

Thanks
oh boy this conversation again lol

Basically there are two types of headlights on model 3 they are premium and global/matrix. Premium are standard LED lights, they are great lights and they keep the way forward nice and bright. Then there are global lights. These lights have special projectors that enable them to adjust the light in different spots to prevent blinding incoming drivers, seeing around turns better, etc. Basically they are "smart" lights.

Now here's the catch, the global lights currently in USA dont do any of that fancy stuff. Yes they can one day but they need software that just isn't available yet for a whole set of reasons including government bureaucracy. About a year ago Tesla started putting these global lights into their model 3s. A few months ago people started noticing however, that some of the model 3s did not have the global lights but rather the "old" premium lights. This set off a "*sugar*" storm that is still raging on this forum. However, as of recently most model 3s seem to have the global lights.

As for the pro's and con's of each. The premium is the tried and true LED headlight. It turns on and shines ahead. Some people claim that direct vision is brighter. The global light however is the new cool technology even though it isn't actually able software wise to do what it has potential to. People want global for a myriad of reasons but basically it comes down to it's new and thus better.

My personal opinion is IDGAF about what lights I have. My old car currently has old yellow lights that are 1 step above me tying a flashlight to the hood. To me anything is a huge improvement so I may be the wrong person to ask. Personally lights should be one of those things that you turn on and forget about. While global is cool, and its nice to have a future proof tech on my new car I do get worried about having " too much" technology. There have been a few reports about people needing service because the global lights projector is malfunctioning and the light will not turn off or is stuck on high beams. Throw in software to "smart adapt" my lights and you can see where the trouble can be. This comes back to the overall issue I have with Tesla sometimes being too reliant on reinventing the wheel. Take for example Musk wanting to use lasers to clean the cybertruck windshield instead of just putting frickin whiper blades on it or needing to hit a software button to open a glove box. Sometimes less is more as software can malfunction.

Any way I digress. The tldr is that matrix lights are new and one day may be the future of lighting so people want them. Either way you will get a great car that will shine the way thru the darkness.

Hope this helped! Cheers