Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other people have other priorities. Right now, many people's priority is to stop paying for gas. If that means putting up with finish problems, so be it. Mine has a dent. Big deal. It'll get rock chips, door dings, wheel rubs and the usual misadventures that come with driving a car. It's just a car.

People keep saying that Tesla is a luxury car maker. The Model S and X may be luxury models, but the Model 3 and Y are not. They're just high-priced because of demand and the cost of making a battery electric vehicle right now. If Tesla had any difficulty finding buyers, the Model 3 would be about 20% cheaper. If batteries grew on trees, it would be cheaper still. Certainly Tesla wants to reduce the cost of making the car because someday somebody else will be able to make them cheaply, and if Tesla is sitting on their hands, they'll lose the market. Thus gigacastings, 4680 batteries and so on.

If you have ever owned a luxury car (your definition), you will realize that after owning a Tesla, it is not a luxury car in that sense. The vegan leather is not leather, the doors don't sound like a German car when you shut them, there is a lot of plastic and the ride is a bit different.

If you buy one, and expecting the above, you are not going to get that. What you will get is a car that is much better than anything else in the class IMO.

I have owned a few Bimmers and an Audi and I wouldn't buy one again after owning a Tesla.

Literally the best. Ordered mine as well. My gf has them and they are perfect
Graduation day was yesterday!
Finally! VIN# 315

Everything went smoothly. Paid using Teslas plaid service a few days before. Accepted delivery after viewing the car. I didn’t bring a checklist because to me if it isn’t obvious I wasn’t going to bring it up. There were some finishing touches that could’ve been done better but it was all very minor.

One thing I hated was towards the end, once I got to my two week window my SA stopped responding. I wasn’t sure why. When I came in I asked about her and they told me she was no longer there but that my messages and emails should have been rerouted to the service team. Well, they never were. Not even so much as a automated message acknowledging my email. I still haven’t heard back. Second, it was very obvious I was a new owner. No one came with me to help me pair my device. I was so excited I forgot everything I had learned about the vehicle once I sat in the drivers seat. I was also on a time constraint as I had to be back at work within the next 30 minutes. This would’ve saved me some time.

Matrix headlights ✅
Michelin tires ✅
Mobile charger ✅
Charged to 96%

I’m not sure if I’m missing anything else but I will add later if I am. I’m sticking around to help out the newbs. Hang in there everyone, it is worth the wait!!!

P.S. will update the spreadsheet during the weekend with my info.
🎉🎉🎉 Congrats!! I'm so glad all went well with your delivery. Enjoy the ride!

Other people have other priorities. Right now, many people's priority is to stop paying for gas. If that means putting up with finish problems, so be it. Mine has a dent. Big deal. It'll get rock chips, door dings, wheel rubs and the usual misadventures that come with driving a car. It's just a car.

People keep saying that Tesla is a luxury car maker. The Model S and X may be luxury models, but the Model 3 and Y are not. They're just high-priced because of demand and the cost of making a battery electric vehicle right now. If Tesla had any difficulty finding buyers, the Model 3 would be about 20% cheaper. If batteries grew on trees, it would be cheaper still. Certainly Tesla wants to reduce the cost of making the car because someday somebody else will be able to make them cheaply, and if Tesla is sitting on their hands, they'll lose the market. Thus gigacastings, 4680 batteries and so on.
Tesla is a luxury car maker by price. Anyone paying 70k for a car is expecting quality. While I agree that people may want a car for many reasons that doesn't mean the car should come damaged. Justifying those short comings does not help the business improve. Obviously I like Tesla and most likely pending a major issue I will take delivery and if needed repair it under warranty. But all I'm saying is that should not be a common issue and for the price I'm paying yes I do have a right to be reasonably picky with the quality of the car

I think price point does not solely define whether it is a luxury vehicle or not. It is more of a tech specialty vehicle. A corvette is not very luxurious, neither is a Raptor or TRX. Those all could be defined as specialty or niche vehicles.

However, I am someone that believes a new vehicle should be delivered without blemishes. This is my first Tesla and I will not accept a damaged vehicle any more than Tesla would accept less than 100% of the payment.

I think price point does not solely define whether it is a luxury vehicle or not. It is more of a tech specialty vehicle. A corvette is not very luxurious, neither is a Raptor or TRX. Those all could be defined as specialty or niche vehicles.

However, I am someone that believes a new vehicle should be delivered without blemishes. This is my first Tesla and I will not accept a damaged vehicle any more than Tesla would accept less than 100% of the payment.
So going with the Google definition of luxury vehicle there really is no set definition it is very subjective. However many people will look at price and expect quality for that high end price. Ill give the interior a pass. Yes 70k is a high end price most people can not afford a 50k+ car this is the truth.

From google
In order to be considered a luxury car, the vehicle must have high-end features that go above and beyond the average necessities. The term luxury is used to categorize vehicles that are equipped with better performance capabilities, lavish interiors and all the latest safety and technology features.

Uploaded info on current vehicle for trade in following call and now it is asking me to complete any tasks to avoid delays in delivery but there are no tasks to complete. I think this is because the trade in offer is pending?

Also, this looks different. no vin yet

1658937751203.png

Last edited:
Reactions: guerro
Still no vin or movement on EDD...Seeing all of those with OD after mine with base and vins is killing me. At this rate, April OD are getting their cars ahead of me, come on Tesla, hook me up! Congrats to those getting vins, would love to get my car in August, original EDD June...
Hang in there @EdgeM3LR ! You are just a day behind me on the order so I have faith yours is coming soon! I was shocked to see a VIN on Sunday...pleased but shocked as I figured I was one of the "lowly commoners" that got the MSM/Black interior/18" wheels....LOL. I have had really good success calling Tesla. They have been super flexible and have answered all of my questions. You might want to give them a call and put a bug in their ear. Good Luck and I am sure yours will be coming soon!

Got a text from my SA today that I can pick it up today. Kinda wild, we'll see if the bank can get me a check in time.
It's exciting, but also frustrating since it's 6 days earlier than my delivery date with zero days notice.
Well in canada they send below text and if car arrive early then we can pick early.

My car arrive 6 days early.

Attachments

• 57D05226-E95C-45CD-B542-DA973C70A37B.jpeg
    57D05226-E95C-45CD-B542-DA973C70A37B.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 61
  • A698D55F-A651-4345-9277-8C6D9022AFAB.jpeg
    A698D55F-A651-4345-9277-8C6D9022AFAB.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 63
  • Helpful
Reactions: E90alex and JB47394