Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is a luxury car maker by price. Anyone paying 70k for a car is expecting quality. While I agree that people may want a car for many reasons that doesn't mean the car should come damaged. Justifying those short comings does not help the business improve. Obviously I like Tesla and most likely pending a major issue I will take delivery and if needed repair it under warranty. But all I'm saying is that should not be a common issue and for the price I'm paying yes I do have a right to be reasonably picky with the quality of the car

BTW, I am not saying that they don't have issues with build . When I got my M3 in 12/19, it was missing a license plate holder, and floor mats, and had a scratch on it. I had to go back to the shop to get those fixed. The point is, check your car out before you take it. I had the mobile ranger out a few times for a sensor or 2. My M3 has had way fewer issues than any german car I have had.

Reactions: ZZ118
Uploaded info on current vehicle for trade in following call and now it is asking me to complete any tasks to avoid delays in delivery but there are no tasks to complete. I think this is because the trade in offer is pending?

Yeah most of the time it's just an automated message.
If you've completed what you can then you're good.

I've always thought of it as a $30k chassis with a $30k battery, how wrong am I?

Yeah most of the time it's just an automated message.
If you've completed what you can then you're good.

I've always thought of it as a $30k chassis with a $30k battery, how wrong am I?
This is exactly what happened. Everything went back to normal after i rejected the trade in offer they gave me. No more pending tasks. And no more "Pending Delivery" page on the website.

I think that's actually a really good way of thinking about the price of the car. Never thought about it that way but makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nfletcher
Quick update day 122 EDD is still the same just patiently waiting for a VIN
1658975188636.gif