Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Attached please find an updated pdf document which analyzes Troy Teslike's spreadsheet of Model 3 data located here:

Attachments

• tesla-pdf-document1.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 67
I feel you man..and you live in san diego and im here at phoenix..seems like they dont really care for west coast people at this time of the quarter
Just doesn’t make sense at at all I get the whole east coast and west coast thing but at the same time I’m one of the last March order to not get a vin just doesn’t make sense especially when I see the same set up as mine. But at the end of the day there is nothing I can do but wait 🤷‍♂️. Just letting out some frustration my bad y’all.

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait as long as 120 days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
12. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts
This is extremely helpful. Thank you!

Reactions: JB47394
Just doesn’t make sense at at all I get the whole east coast and west coast thing but at the same time I’m one of the last March order to not get a vin just doesn’t make sense especially when I see the same set up as mine. But at the end of the day there is nothing I can do but wait 🤷‍♂️. Just letting out some frustration my bad y’all.
I know right..i even texted my SA about why other people even in canada that ordered after me get their vins before me..and i got a generic answer…at the end of the day theres nothing i could do about it..and just think how privilege we are to complain about these things while other people in other parts of the world worry about how to get by everyday..

Hoping to get an updated EDD soon! Been at 8/22 - 9/26 for a long time now
I'm also at the exact same range for quite some time, probably at least a month or more. Strange only 3 weeks out from the earliest part of the window, I still have no VIN or any updated info. No VIN tells me the vehicle hasn't likely even been manufactured yet. Something tells me it's very likely going to get pushed out past the end of September. We shall see. Good Luck!

Is there a Tesla support group for my wife? She is tired of hearing me complain and over carpooling.
My wife really hack my phone and posted that lol 😂
1659403603629.gif

I'm also at the exact same range for quite some time, probably at least a month or more. Strange only 3 weeks out from the earliest part of the window, I still have no VIN or any updated info. No VIN tells me the vehicle hasn't likely even been manufactured yet. Something tells me it's very likely going to get pushed out past the end of September. We shall see. Good Luck!
Hopefully we receive some good news this week!

Now bumped closer to Sep 13 - Oct 18. Oh boy really hope to avoid the first week of October, quarter end push cars from Fremont will take about that long to get to Columbus, or is it more like a month from production?
If you’re in Columbus, Ohio you’ll probably have your car in the next few weeks. I’m convinced Elon has a tunnel or a portal straight to Ohio. For some reason Ohio orders are fast.

Now bumped closer to Sep 13 - Oct 18. Oh boy really hope to avoid the first week of October, quarter end push cars from Fremont will take about that long to get to Columbus, or is it more like a month from production?
Tesla doesn't sit on vehicles across a quarter because that has a negative impact on the quarterly financial statement. They make sure that if they build a vehicle in a quarter, it gets delivered in that quarter. That's why they focus on delivery sites that are a short truck drive from the Fremont factory at the end of the quarter. Then, at the start of the next quarter, they close the factory for a couple weeks for routine maintenance and for any production changes or upgrades they've worked up. So your EDD doesn't make a lot of sense because it takes Tesla about two weeks to go from VIN assignment to delivery in Ohio. That would have your vehicle being built during the factory shutdown.

The thing about EDDs is that the first one is usually the most accurate. If you could update your signature with the details about your order as you see on other posters' signatures, we'd be able to provide better commentary. Your first EDD may make a lot more sense than the current one.