Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if reservations can still be transferred? I got a VIN today but, I no longer want to take delivery. I know that Tesla use to allow customers to transfer reservations but I am not sure if that is still possible.
I read their purchase agreement today and it explicitly says if Tesla finds out you’re trying to resell the vehicle they can cancel and keep your deposit.

I thought the point of not selling LR is to reduce backlog?
If people still want to buy a Tesla, they're going to switch to the next closest model - the Model Y Long Range. That backlog is already worse than the Model 3 Long Range, so it'll get really bad as a result of this closure. One factor discouraging people from the Model Y Long Range was its price, but the federal government just lowered the price (via that tax credit) by $7,500, putting it at essentially the same price as the Model 3 Long Range.

Reducing the backlog for the sake of reducing backlog doesn't make sense. Reducing the backlog to zero and then either reworking or eliminating the Model 3 Long Range does. So Elon's tweet might just be a half truth that avoids leaking strategic plans.

Reactions: VT_EE
It looks like there's a lot of discussion about the rebate and M3LR no longer being for sale etc. When I heard that the EV rebate is being reinstated in 2023 I gave it about 2 minutes of thought and that was it but I never for a second considered cancelling my order. Prices go up and prices go down, I made a decision to buy this 4 months ago at a certain price and I made sure I had the money and then set it aside. I view the rebate as a good thing for electric cars and I'm happy for people who will benefit from this next year (assuming M3LR even qualifies which is not guaranteed) but I have absolutely no buyers remorse whatsoever. Just thought I would give my .02 cents on this.

Did u set up plaid ahead of time and only pay in the app once there? I thought I saw you posted that. Wondering if I will do this next week for my delivery.
I did go and look at plaid ahead of time and enter my bank info but to be honest you dont need to!
I did all of it at the dealer and it was super easy. No pressure at all! Checked out the car and all that (all on my own and no pressure to go fast). When I was finally satisfied I just did the pay thing through paid while I was outside, walked in, signed a few things, they gave me the key cards and said they would hit the magic button that lets you hit accept and pair your phone as a key. never Asked to see proof that I paid or anything! Very easy. And it took over a day for it to clear through my bank.

Well this is my graduation post. Picked mine up this morning and it’s amazing! There was a rear tail light that I felt was pretty gappy but they said it’s within specs. My house is only about 7 miles from the SC so I drove it home and loaded up all my accessories and spent the day driving around town to calibrate and show it off. I put 60 miles on it and it still hasn’t calibrated. I think maybe I’ll try some interstate driving tomorrow to see if that does it. I spent the evening playing with settings and even though I watched so many videos it’s a little overwhelming. Honestly, I mostly played lightshows on it. Mine had 3 miles on it, mobile charger, global matrix lights, and michelins. The sound system is awesome and I’m coming from a Cadi with a Bose. It drives like a car with a sporty suspension which is exactly what I was expecting, not like a Cadillac. Similar to my 3 series BMW’s. It’s stupid fast and so fun to drive. Good luck to all those still waiting! It’s definitely worth it!

It looks like there's a lot of discussion about the rebate and M3LR no longer being for sale etc. When I heard that the EV rebate is being reinstated in 2023 I gave it about 2 minutes of thought and that was it but I never for a second considered cancelling my order. Prices go up and prices go down, I made a decision to buy this 4 months ago at a certain price and I made sure I had the money and then set it aside. I view the rebate as a good thing for electric cars and I'm happy for people who will benefit from this next year (assuming M3LR even qualifies which is not guaranteed) but I have absolutely no buyers remorse whatsoever. Just thought I would give my .02 cents on this.
Thank you! Yes! This!! Super happy with my car and so glad I got it in time! Would love free money but when I ordered I thought I would get exactly what I have- a great car at the price I ordered it for.( and some tax!) 😂

Reactions: IWRBR
It's got nothing to do with wait list, and everything to do with fed rebate. Why not halt production on the Model 3 RWD? That had a longer wait list! C'mon Elon! Do we look that gullible?
You realize they use different batteries right? My guess is LPF batteries are more avail at the moment. If its for the tax thing, why halt in more than 5 countries?

Reactions: Andrometer4
This seems spot on. If you think about it the last price before they shut it down was starting at $57,990 I believe so, if they plan to get it to say $54,990 AND it qualifies for $7,500 off at point of sale you’re looking at going from $57,990 to $47,490. Which is a massive difference to a buyer… on a 60 month loan this is roughly $200 a month difference. Not only does that mess up M3LR potential sales in remainder of 2022, it also messes up new sales of the M3SR in 2022… who would want to pay $46,990 (current SR price) for a SR when they can get a LR for $500 more? If they do plan to lower the price, they pretty much had to do this for remainder of 2022.
You don't seem to be factoring in that the SR also would qualify for the $7500 tax break.

Graduation Day!!!

I picked up my Tesla Model 3 today. Got Michelin tires and am happy to report that Tesla is still putting in chargers in the car.

IMG-2864.jpg

The delivery experience was a mixed bag. We checked in and the tesla rep wanted us to finish off the paperwork. We asked for a vehicle inspection before signing anything and the rep was happy to comply with the request and unlocked the car. Took us 45 minutes to finish the inspection and found 2-3 issues with the car. The rep asked us to accept the delivery and raise a request through the app within the first 100 miles. The issues are minor like small paint scrapes and irregular metal finishing in parts inside the trunk. I now have a service scheduled to get the issues fixed on 08/18.

On a more positive note, the frustration with a less than perfect car delivery went away as soon we hit the pedal to the metal. The instantaneous torque puts a smile on your face every time and I doubt I am getting bored of it anytime soon. For folks who are awaiting their cars, hang tight, the car is a joy to behold.

Graduation Day!!!

I picked up my Tesla Model 3 today. Got Michelin tires and am happy to report that Tesla is still putting in chargers in the car.

View attachment 840767

The delivery experience was a mixed bag. We checked in and the tesla rep wanted us to finish off the paperwork. We asked for a vehicle inspection before signing anything and the rep was happy to comply with the request and unlocked the car. Took us 45 minutes to finish the inspection and found 2-3 issues with the car. The rep asked us to accept the delivery and raise a request through the app within the first 100 miles. The issues are minor like small paint scrapes and irregular metal finishing in parts inside the trunk. I now have a service scheduled to get the issues fixed on 08/18.

On a more positive note, the frustration with a less than perfect car delivery went away as soon we hit the pedal to the metal. The instantaneous torque puts a smile on your face every time and I doubt I am getting bored of it anytime soon. For folks who are awaiting their cars, hang tight, the car is a joy to behold.
I see you got the matrix headlights too!

Reactions: Auto@123
Graduation Day!!!

View attachment 840767

Sounds like a great experience honestly if that was your issue. Expected much worse while reading that haha

Congrats on the car! Hopefully I can join you all on Monday

It's got nothing to do with wait list, and everything to do with fed rebate. Why not halt production on the Model 3 RWD? That had a longer wait list! C'mon Elon! Do we look that gullible?
Agreed. The wait on the M3LR is short compared to the X, MSLR, MYLR, and M3SR. Why target the M3LR only? Makes no sense. The only reason I can think of is limited 2170
You realize they use different batteries right? My guess is LPF batteries are more avail at the moment. If its for the tax thing, why halt in more than 5 countries?
There more I think on this, the more I'm convinced they are sacrificing M3LR sales for MYLR sales. They recently started producing MYLR with 2170 batteries at Texas (production of 4680s will not be ramped up for some time). Assuming they didn't start up any new 2170 battery lines, these new Texas MYLR vehicles will be taking cells from M3LR lines.

Graduation Day!!!

View attachment 840767

If those are you only issues, you should be very happy. Congratulations on the delivery.