Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Order Wait FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait as long as 120 days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
12. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts

Graduation Day!!!

I picked up my Tesla Model 3 today. Got Michelin tires and am happy to report that Tesla is still putting in chargers in the car.

View attachment 840767

The delivery experience was a mixed bag. We checked in and the tesla rep wanted us to finish off the paperwork. We asked for a vehicle inspection before signing anything and the rep was happy to comply with the request and unlocked the car. Took us 45 minutes to finish the inspection and found 2-3 issues with the car. The rep asked us to accept the delivery and raise a request through the app within the first 100 miles. The issues are minor like small paint scrapes and irregular metal finishing in parts inside the trunk. I now have a service scheduled to get the issues fixed on 08/18.

On a more positive note, the frustration with a less than perfect car delivery went away as soon we hit the pedal to the metal. The instantaneous torque puts a smile on your face every time and I doubt I am getting bored of it anytime soon. For folks who are awaiting their cars, hang tight, the car is a joy to behold.
Great looking car! You mentioned they are still including the charger, does that also include the J1772 adapter?

Sounds like a great experience honestly if that was your issue. Expected much worse while reading that haha

Congrats on the car! Hopefully I can join you all on Monday
Thank you!
If those are you only issues, you should be very happy. Congratulations on the delivery.
Thank you! I am happy with the car. However, if you are paying 60K+ total for a car, you expect the car to have proper finishing. Some joints inside the trunk look like they were done by a kindergartener. It's nothing major as the improper finishing does not create any functional issues/gaps in the trunk but still, it does make you think how far behind tesla is in quality control as compared to a legacy automaker.

Reactions: gators918
Agreed. The wait on the M3LR is short compared to the X, MSLR, MYLR, and M3SR. Why target the M3LR only? Makes no sense. The only reason I can think of is limited 2170

There more I think on this, the more I'm convinced they are sacrificing M3LR sales for MYLR sales. They recently started producing MYLR with 2170 batteries at Texas (production of 4680s will not be ramped up for some time). Assuming they didn't start up any new 2170 battery lines, these new Texas MYLR vehicles will be taking cells from M3LR lines.
Order reservation doesn’t equal a sale so Tesla aren’t sacrificing any sales. They are just keeping people from getting in line, making the line shorter. When it reaches a certain length, they will start letting people in line again.

Order reservation doesn’t equal a sale so Tesla aren’t sacrificing any sales. They are just keeping people from getting in line, making the line shorter. When it reaches a certain length, they will start letting people in line again.
That is true. Really long lead times add risk for Tesla due to the volatility in material prices. I can understand why they are limiting orders at the moment. I'm just glad I got my order in.

1 more day till delivery day!! Tesla is really worried I won't show up. Yesterday I got an email with what I should expect tomorrow and asked me to confirm so I gladly did. 1 more text last night to confirm and so I did again. This morning another text from another number asked to confirm again...and of course I did. I fully expect more confirmations today!!! Is there a need for multiple confirmations?? Tesla must have a higher than usual number of people bailing at the last minute.

Reactions: Cereal
Huntersville, NC
Model 3 LR Midnight Silver 18" Aero;
OD: 4/28/2022;
EDD 1; Before clicking purchase: Sept - Dec?
EDD 2; Just after order: Sept 1 - Oct 18
EDD 3: Aug 31 - Oct 11
EDD4: Aug 27 - Oct 1
EDD5: Aug 29 - Sep 27
EDD6: Aug26 - Sep7
EDD 7: Aug 31 - Sep 4
VIN: 333

Trade-In offer competitive with online instant offers. Prob 5-7% less than market.

Graduation day!!!

Well we took delivery this morning! We were literally the only ones there unlike in May when they had like 5 tables with folks getting vehicles...

Our SA wanted to head straight in for the paperwork drill but I insisted on looking inside as we didn’t want to have the hassles we had when declining the “rejected” vehicle. Once he was aware we got to look inside. It was a brief look and overall we were ok at the time so all in all we spent maybe 20 minutes doing paperwork and figuring out how to use certain functions.

When we got home we did notice several things that need to be fixed.
1. driver side roof trim between the a and b pillars is bulging and has a 3/4” gap between the trim and roof glass.
2. three small chips that are down to bare metal on the frunk closest to the windshield. These are right on the edge.
3. charge port and tail light are scratched. Looks as if someone took a dirty towel with grit in it and rubbed.

So far that’s it for what they need to fix.

Now, there were a few stains on the interior trim (also the same spot where the trim was bulging) and they came out with alcohol. There are also multiple holograms all over the car. Very Noticeable in the sun and under my LED lights in the garage. These I will take care of tomorrow as I am a bit of a detailing geek. I took my FLEX polisher and some polish and took out a few already on the bumper. So not that big of a deal for me but for other’s they may have to have Tesla take care of it.

We are very happy so far! Global headlights, Michelin tires, mobile charger, etc.....it had 5 miles at delivery for those that care.
Congrats on the new car and sorry for the couple of flaws but once they are fixed everything will be good. Happy you finally got it.

Reactions: ColoradoMike