Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of this morning my EDD was 10/28 - 12-9 but like 10 mins ago I got a text from the SA saying my VIN was assigned and my new EDD was 8/15 - 8/19.

Unfortunately starting yesterday, I’ll be on vacation out of state for the next two weeks. I alerted the SA to this but haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully I’m not penalized or screwed for such a dramatic shift in the situation. What happens next?
From what I've heard, you basically forfeit your VIN and you get put back in the back of the line

Reactions: HeatherW22
Is it fine to change from cash to finance before vin comes ? SA called and said get ready for financing
The reason for staying cash is to make sure that you don't go through the process of financing, which involves a credit check, only to have that agreement expire, forcing you to go through the financing process again, which involves another credit check. So the normal advice is to stay in cash until you get a VIN, and then you're pretty much guaranteed to take delivery within about 2 weeks at most. In California, you're more likely to take delivery in just a few days.

My advice to you is to keep waiting, but work with a lender and see if you can get as much set up as possible without locking in a rate. When the VIN arrives, you make a call, lock the rate and you're all set.

Reactions: HeatherW22
It’s been almost a week now and I love driving this car it’s rides so smooth even tho you feel so low to the ground. The acceleration is just fine I do not need to go any faster so I’m good but I am still debating on the full self or enchanted. Got my car tinted and accessories all set up.

Attachments

• B69C4D00-98BE-4A0E-88E6-F47C7AF6985C.jpeg
    B69C4D00-98BE-4A0E-88E6-F47C7AF6985C.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 79
Acceleration Boost: How is it accessed and do all M3s have it? Thanks
You buy it in the app.

SR+/RWD do not have it.
LR has it, because the motors are software locked, otherwise they'd be Performance motors.
Is there a succient explanation of the various 'driver assist' options? What is standard [if any] what are the other level? Thanks
Basic AutoPilot
- Cruise control
- Autosteer (aka lane keeping/holding)

Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP)
- Auto navigate on highways
- Auto lane change
- Auto park
- Summon (remote control forwards and backwards)
- Smart summon (calls your Tesla to you in a parking lot)

Full Self-Driving (FSD)
- Auto navigate traffic intersections and stop signs

You buy it in the app.

SR+/RWD do not have it.
LR has it, because the motors are software locked, otherwise they'd be Performance motors.

Basic AutoPilot
- Cruise control
- Autosteer (aka lane keeping/holding)

Enhanced AutoPilot (EAP)
- Auto navigate on highways
- Auto lane change
- Auto park
- Summon (remote control forwards and backwards)
- Smart summon (calls your Tesla to you in a parking lot)

Full Self-Driving (FSD)
- Auto navigate traffic intersections and stop signs

Excellent! Thank You.

Picked up the MSM LR today. Everything looks great, only got 14 miles on it but feels more planted on the road (heavier) that my M3 SR+. A little quieter, sound system is definitely more immersive, and it’s definitely faster :)

Matrix / global headlights, Michelin tires.
Vin: 32xxxx
(order date April 4th, north TX)

Fun to have the 2020 SR+ in the garage with this new LR for the next week or so to compare until I finish the sale of the SR+.
Curious to know more of your thoughts, opinions, differences, and pros/cons between your M3LR and M3SR+. I used to have an M3SR+ and have only test-driven the M3LR, so would appreciate your knowledge as to both!

Reactions: ABFabf and Cereal
Ugh, I hope that’s not the case because that’s a pretty ridiculous change from 2-3 months to 2-3 days in a matter of hours.
You don't go back in line. If you reject your VIN you maintain your spot. However your VIN is likely a reject and/or someone in a similar situation to you now, so if you reject this VIN your EDD will likely go back to where it was of Oct-Dec+. So you need to weight the costs and benefits. If you are not financing you can have a family member pick up the car if you so choose. If you reject and put a hold on your account you keep your OD so when you lift the hold you go to the front. BUT you may have issues now that LR orders are suspended so you should definitely consult with your SA

As of this morning my EDD was 10/28 - 12-9 but like 10 mins ago I got a text from the SA saying my VIN was assigned and my new EDD was 8/15 - 8/19.

Unfortunately starting yesterday, I’ll be on vacation out of state for the next two weeks. I alerted the SA to this but haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully I’m not penalized or screwed for such a dramatic shift in the situation. What happens next?
Your signature says M3RWD. Is this still the case? Or did you upgrade to LR?

Reactions: ultrams
Went from EDD of 09-15-10/27 to pickup on 08/20. If you have a M3LR on order, get yourself ready as it seems like things are moving quickly.
I wonder if people are starting to cancel or hold their orders until 2023 to see if they can get the tax credit. Because the people here who are getting cars after ordering in June makes no sense??

Graduation!!

Mostly perfect body. Not a fan of the gaps for the trunk and also frunk, plus a rear quarter panel is sticking out just a bit

Not a good sign that the Sentry wasn’t working and I already had to reinsert the usb lol

Driving is a blast. Loving one pedal driving already. Getting my wall charger installed tomorrow and gonna do some mods tonight already woo