Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the trade in text message. Don't have anything to actually trade but hopefully things are moving along. Just don't want them to move along too fast as I'm on vacation until the 3rd day of my current 2 week window so hopefully I can get it right after I get back with some luck. Still waiting on a VIN but not sure if the trade text might mean that's getting closer or if it's just random.

You guys waiting
Car still in transit 😵‍💫
Per Tesla rep I just spoke with supposedly won’t have charging cable. Since I ordered after 4/19. We shall see. I see some who ordered after that date still got the cable. Didn’t ask about license plate frame as I already bought one on Amazon.
I ordered after you and got a cable.

I ordered the mobile connector in May when I order my Model 3 and just today I received confirmation that it shipped. I guess they wait until your car is closed to delivery to send it over.
I contacted Tesla customer service today to find out where my mobile connector is - ordered in May and promised it would ship this month, but nothing yet. Figured I’d follow up now so that I can return it for a refund within a 30-day window in case my car includes one

Just got a text from my SA about trading in my current vehicle!
Still no VIN and my EDD is Sept 3rd-Sept 17th
How long after the trade-in text did others start getting VIN/ delivery date scheduled?
I never got a text about a trade in, but I actually sold my existing car and notified my SA the day before my 2 week EDD showed up. 2 days after that, I got my VIN and a 4 day EDD.

So for anyone following I texted my SA today about the issue with my order date. They told me that they cannot change it as my order was updated in June however they still see that my order is in the system as originally being in April. I asked if this would impact my delivery. They were a little confused but then said it would not effect my build date. I think I annoyed them a little today but idc this process is becoming annoying. So to my knowledge the system is still considering my order as April even though the date was updated to June when I got the EAP. However I'd advise anyone close to their date to maybe hold off on adding EAP/FSD unless you really want it to be part of your financing as I think it has hurt my delivery time.

So for anyone following I texted my SA today about the issue with my order date. They told me that they cannot change it as my order was updated in June however they still see that my order is in the system as originally being in April. I asked if this would impact my delivery. They were a little confused but then said it would not effect my build date. I think I annoyed them a little today but idc this process is becoming annoying. So to my knowledge the system is still considering my order as April even though the date was updated to June when I got the EAP. However I'd advise anyone close to their date to maybe hold off on adding EAP/FSD unless you really want it to be part of your financing as I think it has hurt my delivery time.
I looked at the order spreadsheet trying to find your build (ignoring EAP) delivered to New York. I found one order besides yours. The order was placed on 6 May and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. There are other people with your build that don't show VINs or deliveries, but I have no way of knowing if that means that those things haven't happened or that they just didn't update the spreadsheet.

There are only 10 orders with EAP in this quarter on the spreadsheet. Only 1 has reported taking delivery and the order was placed 12 July. The buyer got the car 38 days after ordering it.

Reactions: guerro and ZZ118
Do I wait until I have a VIN to start my finacing?
In general that's the best move, but a vehicle going to Idaho can get there just a few days after the VIN is assigned. It's just a truck drive away from the factory. Talk to your lender to let them know that you want to set up a loan, but don't want to lock in the rate until just before delivery because you don't have an exact date. If the lender has any experience with financing Teslas, they'll already understand what you're up against. The general idea is to grease the skids of the loan to make sure everything can move forward on short notice.

If anyone knows of a reason not to be this up front with a lender, please speak up.

In general that's the best move, but a vehicle going to Idaho can get there just a few days after the VIN is assigned. It's just a truck drive away from the factory. Talk to your lender to let them know that you want to set up a loan, but don't want to lock in the rate until just before delivery because you don't have an exact date. If the lender has any experience with financing Teslas, they'll already understand what you're up against. The general idea is to grease the skids of the loan to make sure everything can move forward on short notice.

If anyone knows of a reason not to be this up front with a lender, please speak up.
Thanks! I'll start the conversation with them.

Reactions: JB47394
Still don't understand how I don't have a VIN and people in June are getting one. The problem is now I'm probably not going to get an included charger with my car even though I was before the deadline and also now apparently no more license plate frame. This is such a frustrating way of conducting business on Tesla's part. It's also really unfair as they said all cars before 4/28 got the charger but then they just said screw it and threw it in any car they made regardless of date. Now that well has run dry and all I'm going to get is a voucher for something that is likely sold out for months. I really think the EAP screwed up my order, definitely would not have done that in hindsight. I see people one other sites with black/black getting vins who ordered after me. Would recommend to anyone who is thinking of adding EAP or FSD while waiting for delivery to not do so until they already have the car.
Just got a text from my SA about trading in my current vehicle!
Still no VIN and my EDD is Sept 3rd-Sept 17th
How long after the trade-in text did others start getting VIN/ delivery date scheduled?
Hi, you're in the home stretch! Look for your EDD to shrink to a 4/5 day window. Be ready as things move along quickly at this point. To give you an idea... My experience was Trade text on Aug. 17, Vin # assigned Aug. 19, Submitted my Insurance info, Aug. 21 it left the factory, Aug. 22 I scheduled my delivery for Sept. 1 All communication was via text. The Schedule your delivery was also followed up with an email. Take a look at my signature.
Good luck!!

• Helpful
Reactions: phaheem
I looked at the order spreadsheet trying to find your build (ignoring EAP) delivered to New York. I found one order besides yours. The order was placed on 6 May and it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. There are other people with your build that don't show VINs or deliveries, but I have no way of knowing if that means that those things haven't happened or that they just didn't update the spreadsheet.

There are only 10 orders with EAP in this quarter on the spreadsheet. Only 1 has reported taking delivery and the order was placed 12 July. The buyer got the car 38 days after ordering it.
Yeah it seems like Noone is ordering EAP or FSD anymore. But for the few who are I guess you're proving my suspicion that these orders are taking a long time to come. Idk why. I also get the sample size is very small

Also I'm telling you black on black is cursed combo ;)

Reactions: Cho22 and JB47394