Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you complete all your task? Did you also schedule for Delivery and select the date? Look like you past the 3 days limited and the SA reassign your car to the next person. Better call to find out.
Yep. Everything was completed. Never had an option to schedule a date. Reached out to SA by text. I received the following reply: It looks like there may have been an issue with that VIN number, which is why it was removed. I have reached out to our factory team for clarification and will provide an update as soon as I hear back.

My estimated delivery still says 8/31 to 9/4. I feel like thats not going to happen.

Reactions: JB47394 and ZZ118
For orders in Canada, Is the rate locked when applying for financing via Tesla? I have delivery day tomorrow (2nd Sept) and I received my credit approval June 13th along with an email confirmation of the approval from Tesla's credit rep. Since June my Tesla Account page displayed a 5.2% interest rate, a down payment amount and monthly payment amount and in the left column it said my approval was valid for 90 days. That info was there in my Account since mid June until yesterday. I'm within my 90 days window until mid Sept. This morning I see new credit terms showing in my account and with a 5.75% interest rate with a different downpayment amount and monthly payment amount and a new Tesla email saying my Tesla Loan Application has been approved and to "Review Your Tesla Loan Offer". I texted back and forth with the customer service number and they said the interest rate changes to the one at the time of delivery regardless of the previously approved rate. Is this standard procedure when going through Tesla financing? I no longer see the 90 day validity notice in the account page with the change of information either. Its not a huge change but I wanted to understand how the process works.

For orders in Canada, Is the rate locked when applying for financing via Tesla? I have delivery day tomorrow (2nd Sept) and I received my credit approval June 13th along with an email confirmation of the approval from Tesla's credit rep. Since June my Tesla Account page displayed a 5.2% interest rate, a down payment amount and monthly payment amount and in the left column it said my approval was valid for 90 days. That info was there in my Account since mid June until yesterday. I'm within my 90 days window until mid Sept. This morning I see new credit terms showing in my account and with a 5.75% interest rate with a different downpayment amount and monthly payment amount and a new Tesla email saying my Tesla Loan Application has been approved and to "Review Your Tesla Loan Offer". I texted back and forth with the customer service number and they said the interest rate changes to the one at the time of delivery regardless of the previously approved rate. Is this standard procedure when going through Tesla financing? I no longer see the 90 day validity notice in the account page with the change of information either. Its not a huge change but I wanted to understand how the process works.
approval for 90 days and interest rate locked for 30 days.

Reactions: DrivebyVolts
So just to sum up what I've learned, watching videos and reading articles. If any of these steps/products is unnecessary and/or someone knows more and can provide details, my wallet will appreciate it...

1) clean the car, I bought a foamer attachment and foaming soap
2) use an iron remover to remover iron dust and wash off
3) dry the car with microfiber towels
4) apply hydrophobic protectant to the wheels/tires/rims/windows
5) use a clay bar and lubricant to clean off the car of final contaminants
6) use a polisher and compound to remove swirls and scratches (paint correction)
7) use a polisher and polish to finish preparing the paint
8) use alcohol spray to disinfect the car
9) apply ceramic coat one panel at a time, let dry for 5 minutes then wipe off
10) reapply ceramic coat again 24 hours later
11) relax and enjoy the car finally and stop worrying about everything :)
Whew I'm tired and arms sore just reading this :)

FYI to all, under Software Update (Controls>Software>Software Update Preferences) one can choose Standard or Advanced. Advanced is supposed to deliver updates earlier than Standard, which is the default setting, but who knows? I changed to Advanced as soon as I got my new car and have received maybe four or five updates since June 28.
Unfortunately, I'm also set to Advanced and the car says that I'm up to date on software as of today - but I'm two versions behind.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
She's waiting for me. Panel gaps and paint look pretty good.
PXL_20220902_122427088.jpg

Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor AWD
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels Included

My question is more of an observation/ outreach. I ordered a Tesla (June 10, 2022). I've been seeing some people getting their Delivery Dates which is great! My question is if my new updated dates are September 15th-29th. Do you think I will get a text soon?

The dates when I originally ordered were: EDD's

1. February - March
2. November -January
4. October - December
5. October - November
6. September 12 - October 17

Currently [September 15th-29th]

Reactions: guerro
Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor AWD
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels Included

My question is more of an observation/ outreach. I ordered a Tesla (June 10, 2022). I've been seeing some people getting their Delivery Dates which is great! My question is if my new updated dates are September 15th-29th. Do you think I will get a text soon?

The dates when I originally ordered were: EDD's

1. February - March
2. November -January
4. October - December
5. October - November
6. September 12 - October 17

Currently [September 15th-29th]

Do you think I will get a text soon?
It takes about two weeks for a vehicle to go from VIN to delivery in Texas (unless it's a vehicle already in the Dallas area that somebody else refused). That means that unless you see a VIN in the next 10 days or so, I doubt that you'll get a vehicle this quarter. The first couple weeks of the next quarter will be quiet as they do plant maintenance and any upgrades. Then production resumes and VINs should start flowing again. So it's either a VIN within 10 days or you wait until mid-October at the earliest.

By the way, there are Edit and Delete buttons under every post that you make in the forums here, so you can clean up any mistakes for about 10 minutes after posting. In this case, you double-posted and could remove the second post. Folks sometimes think of something after posting and make another post within a couple minutes. They could be using the Edit capability to just modify their existing post.