Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not yet. Apparently, I did not inspect the car as closely as I thought. I also have significant panel gaps under the driver front & rear door where it meets the rocker panel whereas it's flush on passenger side. I would like to get this fixed, along with the mis-aligned trunk. But, I'm now 2 weeks after delivery and these types of issues are supposed to be reported in the first 24 hours. So, I'm not sure if they will fix this now, but I'm going to submit a service request for it. I already have a scheduled service appt for a rattling front passenger seat and dash board.
I don't think you will have an issue with the fixes. Our service center here in Colorado is great to work with. We had the windshield wiper issue that we discovered after the 24 hours and they had us bring it in and it was fixed in less than 30 min.

Reactions: Minotaur and cmy4x4
Not yet. Apparently, I did not inspect the car as closely as I thought. I also have significant panel gaps under the driver front & rear door where it meets the rocker panel whereas it's flush on passenger side. I would like to get this fixed, along with the mis-aligned trunk. But, I'm now 2 weeks after delivery and these types of issues are supposed to be reported in the first 24 hours. So, I'm not sure if they will fix this now, but I'm going to submit a service request for it. I already have a scheduled service appt for a rattling front passenger seat and dash board.
Please let us know how cooperative they are about defects reported after 24 hours.

Sorry for the imperfections.

Please let us know the seat rattles? Is it not bolted down properly? Does it rattle even with a passenger?

Reactions: Minotaur
Homelink garage opener is coming today. Interestingly they can't install it at delivery and told me I need to schedule a separate service after delivery for install. AliExpress uberturbine wheel covers next week right after 9/14 delivery. Still waiting on CCS1 adapter to ship from A2Z Canada and mobile connector + key fob from Tesla.

Guess I'll have to make do with the supercharging network for a while but some of the places I go have significant deadzones (Wooster and Akron/Canton OH area). Really need that CCS1 adapter to come in.

Reactions: guerro
I'm in Columbus (7/17 OD) and would have chosen white, but my wife didn't like white so I went with MSM. I'm now regretting that choice. :)

My 2018 Model 3 was black, and I like the black with the black trim of the newer models, but I didn't like it for $1000.
I would say if you have time to change the color change it. An extra 1000 will add only about 5 - 10 a month depending on your rate and you will enjoy the car more having the color you really like. I got Blue because I like the blue on this car. I wouldn't go with any of the free colors as I don't like the looks of the car on those. Personal preference but to me the extra $1000 was worth it.

I would say if you have time to change the color change it. An extra 1000 will add only about 5 - 10 a month depending on your rate and you will enjoy the car more having the color you really like. I got Blue because I like the blue on this car. I wouldn't go with any of the free colors as I don't like the looks of the car on those. Personal preference but to me the extra $1000 was worth it.
Honestly the only colors I liked were blue and white, so for me it worked out. I know it's basic but I think the car looks super clean in white lol

Reactions: Aellinsar
Please let us know how cooperative they are about defects reported after 24 hours.

Sorry for the imperfections.

Please let us know the seat rattles? Is it not bolted down properly? Does it rattle even with a passenger?
Will do! My SA at the local Service Center has always been very nice to deal with so I'm hoping I won't have any issues with them fixing these issues. The seat rattle is very minor and only occurs over very rough roads, doesn't occur if someone is sitting in seat. I kinda feel the seat issue is a bit nit picky but it's annoying to me.

Does anyone know whether they give you a loaner car if the service will take several hours to complete, or do you just have to wait there?

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Has anyone use AdelFi Credit Union for financing their M3? I went back over the posts and found a number of people who used them but nothing about what the process was like and how they felt about their process. I was thiking about using them but wanted a little help in making the final decision. They have great rates - just wanted to make sure they were just as good as their rates...

What three numbers do you need from my VIN?
The last six numbers are the serial number for your car. So if VIN ends in 351885, that's the 351,885th vehicle in sequence. That VIN would be posted as 351xxx here. The xxx part is useful because you can search this thread for xxx and find places where people mention VIN serial numbers.
My edd was 9/22 - 10/06 yesterday moved back to dec2022 hoping it moves back up to September dates
Mr. Bean is still hard at work sending absurd EDDs out. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's pretty unlikely that you'll see a VIN this quarter. Tesla would have to load up another train with vehicles headed east, and they just don't do that in the last month of a quarter. The deliveries in the east in the last month of a quarter are vehicles that were VIN'd earlier.

That said, I hope you prove me wrong.

Just got my schedule delivery text from my 7/7 order. Grey/white interior no FSD/EAP
Congrats, looks like same build as mine, I'm still waiting for delivery text although I understand there's some delays at the rail in NJ (I'm in PA) so hoping that means things are starting to move and I'll get my schedule text soon. I got the text for it leaving the factory on 8/27. My current delivery window is 9/10 - 9/14.

4 days window shifted today to 9/12 to 9/16 from 9/15 to 9/19.

There is no option to decide the delivery date yet and I'm not sure if it is because I did not insurance information. I was planning to do it once I confirm the delivery date so that I can start from that date.

OD is 6/8, White/White/18", No EAP, FSD, in East PA.

Reactions: guerro