Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does CA have a a tire fee of any kind? MO does, but only on replacement, not on initial purchase. And the fee is $2,50 for each tire. Tesla is charging me $2,50 for all 4. Makes no sense.
Apparently yes, but everywhere I looked (didnt look too hard), they didnt state how much the fee actually was. $7 in the grand scheme of things is nothing though, so Im not losing sleep over it

Reactions: JB47394
The location in my app is also Devon, PA so hopefully I'm very close behind! Did you get a text saying your car had departed the factory? If so what date was that? Mine was August 27th. Hopefully yours was around that date and not way earlier and mine will be coming off the rail yard around the same time.
I got a VIN on 9/1, and text for departure was on 9/2. Have you contacted SA?

Reactions: guerro
I agree completely on all points. With regards to the subscription idk what there plan is. The fact they are raising the fsd but keeping the eap and subscription the same makes me think they know the writing on the wall. I think only 9% of teslas now are buying the fsd package which is staggeringly low
Well, FSD doesn't do anything right now so there's not much point in buying it. That 9% is probably people who have seen what FSD Beta can do and have already made up their mind. I'm looking forward to seeing how the world reacts once FSD Beta goes live and people get a good look at it as an official feature. I'm also wondering what will go into the end-of-year release. Will it be just the city streets stuff, or will they also replace the highway stack and even integrate the specialty functions like parking, summon, etc? Three months isn't much time.

Got my baby Tinted today. It's been 4 days since I picked her up and man she's beautiful

Attachments

• 20220912_190337.jpg
    20220912_190337.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 84
Well, FSD doesn't do anything right now so there's not much point in buying it. That 9% is probably people who have seen what FSD Beta can do and have already made up their mind. I'm looking forward to seeing how the world reacts once FSD Beta goes live and people get a good look at it as an official feature. I'm also wondering what will go into the end-of-year release. Will it be just the city streets stuff, or will they also replace the highway stack and even integrate the specialty functions like parking, summon, etc? Three months isn't much time.
If they release EAP as a subscription for 99/ month that will be a very interesting offer.

As of right now you are basically funding their r&d and paying to be a beta tester for fsd. It is a very strange concept but I guess if you are uber rich then it is what it is. As I said above I think offering EAP as a standalone subscription with everything but city streets would be wonderful

Edit will throw this in there. For insurance purposes the car has a security alarm, daytime running lights, vin etched into windshield add they (my insurance) said they will count gps tracking as the car does have the ability to be located in the app.

Also tried the self parking feature worked great today on a parallel park. And messed around with smart summon, still a little eh but a cool party trick.

Last edited:
What amount of tint did you go for? Should we be concerned about cops since the legal limit is like 70%
So I did 5% for rear windshield and two back doors. 20% for both front doors and 70% for windshield. I've seen people with 5% all around driving by cops and what not and never seen them get pulled over. From what I'm aware, you can't tint the front windshield but 70% is barely noticeable so I went for it. And in regards to the front windows, as long as it's above 5% you're good.

So I did 5% for rear windshield and two back doors. 20% for both front doors and 70% for windshield. I've seen people with 5% all around driving by cops and what not and never seen them get pulled over. From what I'm aware, you can't tint the front windshield but 70% is barely noticeable so I went for it. And in regards to the front windows, as long as it's above 5% you're good.
Thanks, good to know. I’ve been debating maybe 30/40%

I've gotten pulled over 3x over the life of my driving career and the % that I was pulled over for was 35% twice and 20% once. Then I had enough of that and decided to get a docs note for tint (light sensitivity due to lasik surgery) and ever since I've been fine. So yeah, you CAN get pulled over, but chances are slim and usually you get dinged for it after the fact you got pulled over already, e.g. for speeding or something. In the end, just ask your doc for a note and you'll be good forever.

I've gotten pulled over 3x over the life of my driving career and the % that I was pulled over for was 35% twice and 20% once. Then I had enough of that and decided to get a docs note for tint (light sensitivity due to lasik surgery) and ever since I've been fine. So yeah, you CAN get pulled over, but chances are slim and usually you get dinged for it after the fact you got pulled over already, e.g. for speeding or something. In the end, just ask your doc for a note and you'll be good forever.
If I would have known this sooner. I would've done 5% all around 😂😭. I actually did get lasik lmao. Been about 6 years since and the sunlight still hurts.

Reactions: Cho22
If I would have known this sooner. I would've done 5% all around 😂😭. I actually did get lasik lmao. Been about 6 years since and the sunlight still hurts.
Yep, the last time I got pulled over for 20% tint, the lady cop asked me "do you have a doctor's note for that tint?" and i said "No, you would let me off without a ticket if I did though?" and she said "Yes, that is the only way you can get away with tint on the driver/passenger side windows." She was really nice, so yeah thats when I found out lol. But when I get my tesla, thats what I'll be going with. 5% all around :)

Reactions: Estraduuh
Yep, the last time I got pulled over for 20% tint, the lady cop asked me "do you have a doctor's note for that tint?" and i said "No, you would let me off without a ticket if I did though?" and she said "Yes, that is the only way you can get away with tint on the driver/passenger side windows." She was really nice, so yeah thats when I found out lol. But when I get my tesla, thats what I'll be going with. 5% all around :)
This is wild new info to me haha

• Funny
Reactions: Estraduuh and Cho22