Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This isn't sarcasm I'm genuinely wondering why someone would buy FSD rather then the subscription. Especially at FSD current price point
That's a question I pondered and I'm sure many have as well. I talk about my thoughts in my post earlier.
I think there's a good chance the monthly cost of FSD will increase at some point, if/as they keep increasing the full purchase price. And if FSD gets much, much better (consider the improved FSD training they'll achieve when Dojo is fully operational), then I think it should improve the value of FSD enough to boost resale value (since FSD is an integral feature of the car, like accel. boost, not an owned software license). Granted, the resale price boost probably won't grow as much as purchase price, but better than it is now. But that's speculation. I can readily see how many people are skeptical now, as I was. Fortunately I can afford to buy FSD at the pre-$15k price, now. In other times or higher prices, I might not have chosen/might not choose to splurge.

Reactions: ZZ118
That's a question I pondered and I'm sure many have as well. I talk about my thoughts in my post earlier.
I think there's a good chance the monthly cost of FSD will increase at some point, if/as they keep increasing the full purchase price. And if FSD gets much, much better (consider the improved FSD training they'll achieve when Dojo is fully operational), then I think it should improve the value of FSD enough to boost resale value (since FSD is an integral feature of the car, like accel. boost, not an owned software license). Granted, the resale price boost probably won't grow as much as purchase price, but better than it is now. But that's speculation. I can readily see how many people are skeptical now, as I was. Fortunately I can afford to buy FSD at the pre-$15k price, now. In other times or higher prices, I might not have chosen/might not choose to splurge.
i think it is a combination of people
1. who want FSD before a huge price hike (as you just said) and intend on keeping the car for a very long time at which point the depreciation is negligible and it is more economical vs subscription
2. people with so much money they dont consider 15k to be all that much (and that is a decent percentage of tesla customers)
3. people who hope that they can one day use their car as a robo-taxi for passive income and want to (once again) get in before another price hike

I received this from Tesla: unable to disembarked vehicle from it's transportation until the railyard issues are resolved.
I scheduled delivery two times and now they won’t even allow me to schedule until they have a better idea. It has been almost a month. Anyone else experience this? I am in NY.
I'm in Florida with a scheduled DD 9/20. I've been wondering if a rail strike might happen and how the risk is already changing transportation. I really hope my 9/20 DD can be kept. I read the federal government might intervene to block any strike so as to not make the commerce and the economy worse, and not further aggravate inflation. We'll see. I'm not stating an opinion about that, just the facts as I understand them.

FWIW, it is of small value, but I stumbled upon truck driver's YouTube video loading Tesla's in Alabama, where they had been offloaded at a rail-yard there. He was taking his cars to NC. But that was some time ago. It's only value to me was learning how they load those trucks, how some drivers admire the Tesla's they carry, and that in at least one case deliveries to SE USA are shipped by rail and transferred to truck in Alabama.