Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. Do share once you get it resolved. BTW, congrats on the VIN!
Thanks! From what I’ve gathered, we get a new car and wait for the license plate. Then we can file (via letter form/check why) for the CAV stickers and wait for that to come in. Once we get the CAV stickers a card comes with the sticker, which we use to then apply for the CAV toll pass. Then if you opt for a custom plate, you’ll need to file for an update through another letter.

Also for those getting the stickers, highly recommend using a PPF sticker so it doesn’t stick to the car paint. I’ve heard it can damage the paint during removal.

For California folks, I’m looking into all the complications for a CAV tag and the CAV fastrak. It sure is complex that you have to wait for one to do the other and for your physical license plate to come in.
Luckily I already have my custom plates from my previous car. For that, I already put in the information to transfer plates at time of registration with tesla.

Reactions: deuskid
Delivery went smoothly today!
For reference: white/white/aero/no FSD, OD 8/4, VIN 9/1, Columbus Ohio.

A rep immediately came out to have me fill out paperwork then walked me to my car. I noticed the trunk was misaligned and headlights weren't flush but other than that the car is perfect. Scheduled an appointment to fix those issues later this month.

Car is too quiet and too fast, gonna take some time to get used to 😂

20220914_121814.jpg
20220914_125911.jpg
20220914_120550.jpg

So I graduated on 9/12!!! Picked up my shiny Blue M3LR from the dealership. I could have had it as early as 9/10 but my credit union was closed.

Picking it up was super easy but working with Adelfi was a bit challenging. Had to call 5 times to make sure the wire went through on Monday. That said, they came through and it was pretty seamless once I got to the dealership.

There were a few issues, a little scratch on the door that is barely noticeable and looks to be in the clear coat. There was something blue on the back seat which wiped off with some 409. We also noticed there was a little bubble on the dash (after driving away). I scheduled a service appointment for the bubble on the dash before I got to 100 miles.

Overall though I’m super happy with everything. It’s my wife’s car and she is meeting me borrow it from time to time lol. She was a little uncomfortable at first but took it to work today and used the chill mode and creep and that made her feel much more comfortable!
647D0961-2D23-43C1-B921-0AAC1B6A7B6D.jpeg

So I graduated on 9/12!!! Picked up my shiny Blue M3LR from the dealership. I could have had it as early as 9/10 but my credit union was closed.

Picking it up was super easy but working with Adelfi was a bit challenging. Had to call 5 times to make sure the wire went through on Monday. That said, they came through and it was pretty seamless once I got to the dealership.

There were a few issues, a little scratch on the door that is barely noticeable and looks to be in the clear coat. There was something blue on the back seat which wiped off with some 409. We also noticed there was a little bubble on the dash (after driving away). I scheduled a service appointment for the bubble on the dash before I got to 100 miles.

Overall though I’m super happy with everything. It’s my wife’s car and she is meeting me borrow it from time to time lol. She was a little uncomfortable at first but took it to work today and used the chill mode and creep and that made her feel much more comfortable!View attachment 852502
Congrats! I guess you picked it up in Chesterfield valley? What was the last 6 of your VIN?

I jumped way ahead and the last 6 of my vin is 'stale' at 344xxx

Tesla changes battery strategy to seek U.S. tax breaks - WSJ
REUTERS 1:50 PM ET 9/14/2022

(Reuters) - Tesla Inc(TSLA) is suspending plans to make battery cells in Germany as it looks at qualify for electric vehicle and battery manufacturing tax breaks in the United States, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing sources familiar with the matter.

The electric vehicle maker has discussed moving equipment used to make cells to the United States, originally intended for use in the German factory, according to the report.

The Inflation Reduction Act, which President Joe Biden signed last month, provides electric vehicle makers that source batteries from within the United States with tax breaks.

Tesla did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.

The law also gives some buyers a $7,500 tax credit if they purchase EVs whose batteries meet certain sourcing requirements.

The company is looking to ramp up production of its electric vehicles at its new factories in Germany'sBerlin and Austin, Texas to meet rising demand.

The manufacturing sector has been affected by soaring energy costs in Europe due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The geopolitical tension has also caused prices of materials used in batteries to rise.

Overall though I’m super happy with everything. It’s my wife’s car and she is meeting me borrow it from time to time lol. She was a little uncomfortable at first but took it to work today and used the chill mode and creep and that made her feel much more comfortable!View attachment 852502
Glad to hear everything with AdelFi went well. I applied with them too. So far everything has been good. Quick loan approval and membership, easy to upload the necessary documents, great rate and good customer service. I was wondering how fast they could process the loan once a VIN is received and a delivery date set. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: JolteonSTL