Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What, really? What’s your build? I’m truly surprised to hear that you haven’t received your car yet.
Blue/black/aero/EAP. Central coast CA.
I’m really disappointed as well!!

Tomorrow is day 2 of yet another EDD (ie, EDD pushback day), I wonder if I should reach out to an SA about my order? Not sure if they will be able to tell me anything useful but I’m getting increasingly concerned there’s a problem…

Tomorrow is day 2 of yet another EDD (ie, EDD pushback day), I wonder if I should reach out to an SA about my order? Not sure if they will be able to tell me anything useful but I’m getting increasingly concerned there’s a problem…
That does seem odd! It wouldn’t hurt to call and ask. Have you also checked to make sure you don’t have an expired trade-in quote or financing quote on your order? I have heard either of those can stall the process.

Reactions: Gydgyxgocgk

Oh no.... Not another @ZZ118 ! EAP messed with his order if I recall!

Oh no.... Not another @ZZ118 ! EAP messed with his order if I recall!
I know I remember that! Was hoping it was not a real issue but maybe it is. @ZZ118 I think you got rid of EAP right? How did you do so? Contact an SA?

Have you also checked to make sure you don’t have an expired trade-in quote or financing quote on your order?
Yeah I'm still set as cash for now (never applied for financing cause I never got a VIN! Although interest rates are starting rise, ugh). Also, their quote for my current car was so low was going to sell to Carvana or whomever so I have it set to 'no trade in'.

I’m hoping that you guys are right and that since I’m on the east coast my current edd of 09/24-10/8 is inaccurate. I had a trip planned during part of this period.

I won’t lie it’s a little disappointing when I asked the advisor if there are any possibility of holding the car an extra day or two if it falls on a pre planned out of town trip they seemed quite inflexible.
Tesla won’t hold the car, but they will hold the order for you. I have been told that when the hold is lifted, you can expect a new VIN pretty quickly thereafter.

Regarding PPF, I know this has been discussed at length before, but does anyone have any last minute advise on whether it is a worthwhile investment? I do plan to keep my car for few years (at least 5), and most of my driving will be on the crappy CA highways so can expect some dings here and there. I’m inclined towards getting it done, but the costing is steep, so wanted to see what others think?

Everyone still waiting on a VIN, EDD, delivery, etc… hang in there! I’ve had my M3LR for about 24 hours now and it was well worth the wait, annoyance of EDDs pushed back and VINs for later order dates. This isn’t my first Tesla or first EV, but holy cow this M3LR is on another level. Worth every agonizing minute!!
Only reason I’m losing some patience is because of the whole increase of interest soon. I applied for financing because of that and I’m on a 30 day timer basically and it’s giving me anxiety lol. I just hope this current EDD is accurate and I get it by EOQ

Reactions: ZZ118
Regarding PPF, I know this has been discussed at length before, but does anyone have any last minute advise on whether it is a worthwhile investment? I do plan to keep my car for few years (at least 5), and most of my driving will be on the crappy CA highways so can expect some dings here and there. I’m inclined towards getting it done, but the costing is steep, so wanted to see what others think?
I’m getting full front PPF and I honestly don’t care if people say it’s worth it or not because in my eyes, I want my car looking nice and new in the future. It’s funny when some people say “oh it’s just a Tesla why do you care so much?” Well when I had my civic, people said the same thing. To me, if I am spending thousands on a car I wana protect the investment. That’s probably also why I was also able to sell my old civic for $3000 more than what I got it for new. 😅

Reactions: codenameku

Remove the EAP. It looks like Tesla has a database problem with orders that were placed before EAP existed but was then added to the order. @ZZ118, how did you remove the EAP from your order? Can't anyone just go to their vehicle page on their account and add and remove software options?

You have the patience of a saint.

Remove the EAP. It looks like Tesla has a database problem with orders that were placed before EAP existed but was then added to the order. @ZZ118, how did you remove the EAP from your order? Can't anyone just go to their vehicle page on their account and add and remove software options?

You can do that or you need to contact your SA. I contacted mine. On a side note EAP is really not worth it. There are a couple of cool features like the auto lane change and I use summon to park my car but is it worth 6k no way. Get the 200$ subscription first and try it out.

To me, it's not worth the cost. Small enough rocks won't damage the paint even without PPF and large enough sill damage in even with PPF. So there is a size range in the middle that it will help with, but the expense is too high for me. (YMMV, of course!)

Reactions: ZZ118 and JB47394
Regarding PPF, I know this has been discussed at length before, but does anyone have any last minute advise on whether it is a worthwhile investment?

I decided PPF was worth it to me. I like to keep my cars nice. I keep cars a long time. And the PPF makes it stupid easy to wash/clean the car.

When I was in my 20s, with a new car, I used to wax it weekly. I'm retired now and waxed my Model 3 once and decided "gosh, this isn't any fun at all."

FWIW on PPF, depends too on where you live/type of driving.

My previous Lexus for the early years I owned it was driven almost entirely in city driving on well maintained roads... and looked fine without it.

Then I moved "out to the country" where most of my driving was highway, with trucks tossing crap all over, and local roads less well maintained and in some cases not even paved.

Front of the car looked like garbage after 6 months.

So when I got the Tesla I got full-car PPF and haven't regretted it at all. 4 years later I rinse the car off and it looks brand new.

A little mention of FSD Beta. The latest software just went out to an additional 160,000 vehicles, including mine. I just made my first trip with it, having it take me to the grocery store and back. It's definitely beta software. Twice it tried to get into left lanes for right turns - at controlled intersections, no less - and it's far more aggressive in acceleration and braking than I am. It just has no sense of chill in situations where there are no cars around. It also favors the left lane on two lane roads, which is just plain wrong. So it's still rough and not for the faint of heart, despite being a miracle of our age. I suspect Tesla might get some grief from the wider test base once they get to play with it a bit.

Stick with the subscription for now, and wait until they get the thing really dialed in before considering a purchase.

A little mention of FSD Beta. The latest software just went out to an additional 160,000 vehicles, including mine. I just made my first trip with it, having it take me to the grocery store and back. It's definitely beta software. Twice it tried to get into left lanes for right turns - at controlled intersections, no less - and it's far more aggressive in acceleration and braking than I am. It just has no sense of chill in situations where there are no cars around. It also favors the left lane on two lane roads, which is just plain wrong. So it's still rough and not for the faint of heart, despite being a miracle of our age. I suspect Tesla might get some grief from the wider test base once they get to play with it a bit.

Stick with the subscription for now, and wait until they get the thing really dialed in before considering a purchase.
Great to know. Jw what is your safety score. It is so hard to get mine up because if I don't keep a mile behind cars it dings me for following too closr6

View attachment 850912

Even the UPS guy asked me to open it first to double check it’s fine before he left!

OMG!!! Our wall charger came similar to this but not quite as bad. Inside it was OK and showed no signs of being used previously. Lord only knows who sends them out like this....either UPS/FEDEX destroys Tesla stuff or it came that way from the Tesla warehouse.....inquiring minds want to know...LOL

Reactions: Cereal
Great to know. Jw what is your safety score. It is so hard to get mine up because if I don't keep a mile behind cars it dings me for following too closr6
I was at 98 until I recently had to do a couple trips in crazy DC traffic. That dropped me to 95. But it really doesn't matter because Elon said that they're pushing it out to people who are over 80, which is a pretty low bar.

Oh, and the 160,000 additional testers is apparently the original 100,000 who have had it for a while plus another 60,000 new users, which included me. Interestingly, the safety score stuff gets turned off once you're in the beta. I guess once you have the software, they only want you to monitor it while it is in operation.

You can do that or you need to contact your SA. I contacted mine. On a side note EAP is really not worth it. There are a couple of cool features like the auto lane change and I use summon to park my car but is it worth 6k no way. Get the 200$ subscription first and try it out.

Alrighty, I just went online and removed EAP. I also reached out to the SA to confirm. Fingers crossed this does the trick. The months old routine of wake up, check tesla app, 'nope, no VIN', repeat is getting super old.

I'll consider adding EAP after I get the car (I commute lots of highway miles, so lane change sounded awesome), but need the car first!!!

Thanks all for the pointers/commiseration...

OMG!!! Our wall charger came similar to this but not quite as bad. Inside it was OK and showed no signs of being used previously. Lord only knows who sends them out like this....either UPS/FEDEX destroys Tesla stuff or it came that way from the Tesla warehouse.....inquiring minds want to know...LOL
Most workers at shipping companies just throw boxes into the trailers with no regard to it being fragile or not. I witnessed it first hand working there a few years. It’s terrible..