Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sidenote, has anyone used the vent feature from the app? I can't seem to find it under climate?
It's under Controls. It would be nice if the car closed the windows when it rains...
Figured beta won't arrive until I have a score.
People have claimed that you have to clock at least 100 miles on Autopilot before you can get it.

New requirement of 100+ miles on NAP per 30 days?

I have no idea if that's true. Realize that I waited six months to get into the beta. They just weren't adding any more vehicles. I don't know if that's still true and they've added the newest 60,000 and called that enough.

I wonder if they're dropping the safety score stuff now. It dropped out of my app as well, but I was attributing it to the car getting the beta.

Edit: Confirmed that they remove the safety score part of the app when you get into the beta (unless you have Tesla Insurance, in which case it remains).

Last edited:
Only reason I’m losing some patience is because of the whole increase of interest soon. I applied for financing because of that and I’m on a 30 day timer basically and it’s giving me anxiety lol. I just hope this current EDD is accurate and I get it by EOQ
Have you tried a credit union? Some of them have a 60-day window between approval and when you receive your car - might be worth a shot. I know the concern is having another inquiry on your credit, but my understanding is that multiple inquiries for the same reason (i.e., car loan) just shows that you’re shopping for best rates, unlike multiple inquiries from credit cards.

It's under Controls. It would be nice if the car closed the windows when it rains...

People have claimed that you have to clock at least 100 miles on Autopilot before you can get it.

New requirement of 100+ miles on NAP per 30 days?

I have no idea if that's true. Realize that I waited six months to get into the beta. They just weren't adding any more vehicles. I don't know if that's still true and they've added the newest 60,000 and called that enough.

I wonder if they're dropping the safety score stuff now. It dropped out of my app as well, but I was attributing it to the car getting the beta.

Edit: Confirmed that they remove the safety score part of the app when you get into the beta (unless you have Tesla Insurance, in which case it remains).
Under controls this is what I see?

1AC8C155-B1A4-4D8E-B168-FFF785984C00.png

Have you tried a credit union? Some of them have a 60-day window between approval and when you receive your car - might be worth a shot. I know the concern is having another inquiry on your credit, but my understanding is that multiple inquiries for the same reason (i.e., car loan) just shows that you’re shopping for best rates, unlike multiple inquiries from credit cards.
Not yet -- I didnt want to go through the hassle of a credit union, at least not yet. I did consider refinancing after the fact, but I wanted to just finance through Tesla initially to make the transaction easier.

Not yet -- I didnt want to go through the hassle of a credit union, at least not yet. I did consider refinancing after the fact, but I wanted to just finance through Tesla initially to make the transaction easier.
I financed through a credit union and the process could not be easier. In fact, when I leased my last Tesla through Tesla, they got so much wrong at the outset and then it was a nightmare when I sold the lease, with Tesla eating $2,000+ of a refund that was due me.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Cho22
Under controls this is what I see?
It looks like Tesla is using that same spot for both options and the weather decides which it should show. Certainly you wouldn't need venting and defrosting at the same time. Note that my Climate section of the app also has a Vent option but no Defrost option.

That said, San Francisco isn't that much cooler than DC right now.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
It looks like Tesla is using that same spot for both options and the weather decides which it should show. Certainly you wouldn't need venting and defrosting at the same time. Note that my Climate section of the app also has a Vent option but no Defrost option.

That said, San Francisco isn't that much cooler than DC right now.

hey i have been wondering the same thing. i dont see vent windows option at all in app or no setting in car as well. Maybe its our factory software we are still on? its 100 degrees here still and was trying to vent windows with no luck.

In climate, it's bottom right for me.View attachment 854861
Strange. I don’t think it’s geofenced because Bay Area doesn’t need defrosting especially right now haha.
I'm on the latest app too. Was also trying to vent for the high temps here.

Do you all still have cabin overheat as an option below?