Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put my East-coast mid-May White LR AWD order on hold after Tesla jumped ahead of my late-September EDD and offered me a car while I was travelling earlier in the month. Released the hold yesterday and... nothing. No new EDD, just TBD. No idea if there are still cars delivering in the Washington DC area or if there are only rejects for now.

If I get a new car sometime in October I'll be fine with that, but if things drift toward the end of the year I might just cancel and reorder for 2023 with whatever Tesla works out for the LR AWD and the pending tax incentives. (I'm betting on a 3,750 tax benefit. Current pricing is $2k above what I have on order. I don't expect real prices to change much either way, but I do expect un-bundling of options to get MSRP below $55k.)

Sigh.

Any updates?!
Their text was a generic "Hey I see you are interested in this Tesla Model 3, please give me a call back or text. Look forward to hearing from you!" and 5min later I text them back saying im at work but was interested in the vehicle in their existing inventory, but have since been ghosted. I tried to call them back also, but went to voice mail. These SAs love playing phone tag 😂

People on FB groups complaining about their cars and I’m out here 5 days into my EDD still w/o a VIN. Am I the CA version of ZZ? 😨
After being 2 days into my EDD, I got moved back to December this morning and then magically this afternoon was assigned a VIN for my
Model 3 LR, white/black, premium wheels, EAP.
Completed my next steps (insurance) and decided to get a trade-in quote for my existing car (BMW 330i 23,600 miles, perfect).
Re the financing...can I change the down payment and loan amount at some point?

After being 2 days into my EDD, I got moved back to December this morning and then magically this afternoon was assigned a VIN for my
Model 3 LR, white/black, premium wheels, EAP.
Completed my next steps (insurance) and decided to get a trade-in quote for my existing car (BMW 330i 23,600 miles, perfect).
Re the financing...can I change the down payment and loan amount at some point?
That’s reassuring. I believe if you want to change the down payment, you can probably call up your service center where you’re picking up and ask, however, I’m not so sure you can keep the interest rate that’s on your current loan. That’s the tricky part

57416ABA-2DF8-4824-BFF7-CF0B556D1174.jpeg

Graduation Day 47 days after the order. Woke up with a scheduled delivery for Sunday but called this morning and they were able to fit me in today at Vallejo service center in the afternoon.

Delivery experience was fine, ran into a friend that I didn’t know worked there. He let me know that location received 300 cars from Fremont this morning so they’re definitely pumping them out for the end of the quarter. Had to wait an extra 40 minutes while they tried to fix the trunk not closing properly before we even saw the car. There were scratches on the body as well as some fitment issues around the car that I put a service request in for already so I’m holding off getting anything done until all this gets fixed.

Otherwise, we love the car. Hope anyone waiting for a VIN and delivery hears from them soon, they’re literally pulling all nighters in Fremont everyday from what I’ve been told

View attachment 855990
Graduation Day 47 days after the order. Woke up with a scheduled delivery for Sunday but called this morning and they were able to fit me in today at Vallejo service center in the afternoon.

Delivery experience was fine, ran into a friend that I didn’t know worked there. He let me know that location received 300 cars from Fremont this morning so they’re definitely pumping them out for the end of the quarter. Had to wait an extra 40 minutes while they tried to fix the trunk not closing properly before we even saw the car. There were scratches on the body as well as some fitment issues around the car that I put a service request in for already so I’m holding off getting anything done until all this gets fixed.

Otherwise, we love the car. Hope anyone waiting for a VIN and delivery hears from them soon, they’re literally pulling all nighters in Fremont everyday from what I’ve been told
Awesome man, I'm still counting down the days hah.. 8 days left of EOQ 😵‍💫