Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they'd be a bit more aggressive on the deceleration. I'll go from a 35 zone where I'm doing 40 to a 25 zone where I should be doing 30 only to find that I'm still doing 38 while still well into the new zone. That's true even of FSD Beta. There are so many feature points that they have to work on.

Have you tried lane change confirmation? I move from lane to lane using my turn signals and take the route planner's attempts at lane changing as suggestions or advisories. Most of my driving is on highways that I know, so I mostly ignore the route planner. I'd probably turn off confirmation on a road trip with lots of low traffic stuff.
Yeah the braking does occasionally feel a bit too slow but here everyone’s speeding so it hasn’t been too much of an issue.

I should try lane confirmation again. It’s been a while since I used that. I was worried that every time it requests confirmation that the blinker turns on outside still. Which I think would be confusing for other drivers?

Reactions: Cho22
Stupid question - Why do my wheels appear to be missing the center cap/lug nut cover? I didn’t actually get to take delivery due to an issue with my bank, so I have to go back on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 148EA076-6E2B-4281-A159-9FE106B059B0.jpeg
    148EA076-6E2B-4281-A159-9FE106B059B0.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 109
Picked up my car yesterday pulled the trigger on a existing inventory demo model silver with black interior, no problems with the paint or gaps/ any interior problems only problem i had was when i purchased the car it said it came with a mobile connector but when i picked up the car and told the sales advisor he seemed confused that it shouldn't come with it, has anybody else had this problem and know what my next step should be?

Reactions: ZZ118 and JB47394
I'm really hoping that when FSD Beta goes live that the highway stack will be dramatically improved so that people with base Autopilot will get a much better experience out of the vehicle.
As stated at AI Day last night, Tesla is already doing this in increments, so the production Autopilot has elements of the Beta software, and more are being moved over in order to improve it further. The next change that was mentioned is to update to Beta's ability to understand lanes. I hope that will eliminate the car's tendency to drift into merge lanes.

I wonder when they'll switch to the Beta visualization for production Autopilot.

Reactions: Zane Liu
only problem i had was when i purchased the car it said it came with a mobile connector but when i picked up the car and told the sales advisor he seemed confused that it shouldn't come with it, has anybody else had this problem and know what my next step should be?
Do you have any evidence that the car was offered with a mobile connector? Without that, you're going to be hard pressed to convince anyone at Tesla that they screwed up.

Because they're missing the center cap. That's definitely something to bring up with your SA right away. They may schedule a service appointment, but they might be able to put them on at or before delivery.
Going back to this. This car came up in Tesla’s inventory and I ordered it right away. The VIN is 359XXX. How recent is this? Anyone have their car delivered recently, how far off is this from yours? I wasn’t in love with the frunk alignment, front bumper had a very small area where I would want paint touched up. I can’t help but wonder if it’s been rejected. I didn’t get to look inside to see more and look at the actual mileage.

Also, this alignment LOOKS off but when I checked another M3 next to it, it seemed to be the same. It was raining, so I didn’t go over every little detail. Can anyone verify? Maybe I’m being paranoid and expecting to find issues, but if I’m spending 60K+ on a car, I want it to be perfect. When I asked if I could inspect the car first, they said I could but also said “I’m sure it’s fine, you’ll love it”.

Attachments

• 70609E8A-1D8A-44A8-BDF0-A77B71AD510A.jpeg
    70609E8A-1D8A-44A8-BDF0-A77B71AD510A.jpeg
    459.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
The VIN is 359XXX. How recent is this?
That's about a month old.
if I’m spending 60K+ on a car, I want it to be perfect.
You're spending $60,000 to get a massively capable, performant and efficient battery electric car. Guaranteed uniform panel gaps are extra. So just keep looking at vehicles until you find one with the panel quality you want, or pony up another $40,000 to get a Lucid Air.

I suppose you could wait for the Model Y with gigacastings. Panel gaps on those should be effortlessly precise. It has been said that the Model 3 should also get gigacastings, but I assume that's a ways off in the future.

Don’t listen to that crap. You absolutely can inspect first. They are not going to go through the hassle of finding another buyer when you show up wanting to inspect first. Totally empty threat.
They did in fact allow me to inspect first. I didn't even have to ask, they just took me right out to it and opened it.

Canceling my order for the RWD.

Because I bought a new inventory M3LR. Same config as my RWD. Car is incredible. Took delivery 9/29. Had to drive 4.5 hours south to Los Angeles to get it, so got quite familiar with it on the way home. The excitement and laugh from my dad when I punched the accelerator made the 10k upgrade worth every penny. Not to mention the sound system.

Good luck and may the EDD be forever in your favors.

P.s. only issue was a slight misalignment of the passenger side headlight that they are going to fix at my local service center. Otherwise the car is beautiful.

Going back to this. This car came up in Tesla’s inventory and I ordered it right away. The VIN is 359XXX. How recent is this? Anyone have their car delivered recently, how far off is this from yours? I wasn’t in love with the frunk alignment, front bumper had a very small area where I would want paint touched up. I can’t help but wonder if it’s been rejected. I didn’t get to look inside to see more and look at the actual mileage.

Also, this alignment LOOKS off but when I checked another M3 next to it, it seemed to be the same. It was raining, so I didn’t go over every little detail. Can anyone verify? Maybe I’m being paranoid and expecting to find issues, but if I’m spending 60K+ on a car, I want it to be perfect. When I asked if I could inspect the car first, they said I could but also said “I’m sure it’s fine, you’ll love it”.
That is so close to perfect, I wouldn't do anything. You will most likely have it messed up rather than "fix" it.

Anyone guess the age on my M3 with VIN 362XXX?
Mid September.

If anyone is curious to know roughly how old their VIN is, visit the spreadsheet linked below, click on Column F (VIN Date), sort Z to A, and look for VINs close to yours. That'll give you a ballpark date. The actual build date is known by Tesla, so you can also try asking your SA.

Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #2

My VIN was 364xxx got it 9/29
Anyone guess the age on my M3 with VIN 362XXX?
Def mid September

Reactions: JB47394