Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on topic.

Now that Tesla has changed over to 2023 models. It looks like M3 Performance are shipping daily, M3 Base are the second half of October at earliest, what about M3 LR.

Could everyone here that is waiting on a LR check in with your current EDD, config, and delivery center:

10/31 - 12/5, M3 LR White/Black/Aero/AP, Tampa, FL
Is it for sure 2023 models now? I hadn’t heard yet of that.

Back on topic.

Now that Tesla has changed over to 2023 models. It looks like M3 Performance are shipping daily, M3 Base are the second half of October at earliest, what about M3 LR.

Could everyone here that is waiting on a LR check in with your current EDD, config, and delivery center:

10/31 - 12/5, M3 LR White/Black/Aero/AP, Tampa, FL
If the vehicle is built in 2022, this would make it a 2022 model and not a 2023; right?

Back on topic, here is my Estimated Delivery Date (EDD)

11/2 - 12/7, M3 LR White/White/Aero/AP, Salt Lake, UT

Note cars with a "P" as the 10th digit will be 2023. The manufacturer can decide to add this designation to their Vin anytime during the year.

Is it for sure 2023 models now? I hadn’t heard yet of that.
The VINs for M3 Performance given out this week are P in the 10th digit (they skipped O as it can be confused with 0). 2023 Model year.

In order to remove the holes in the bumpers they had to certify the new bumpers with the federal government and as I understand it, it is much easier for everyone if you just assign that new part/rating to a new model year.

Here are the ways someone could still get a 2022:
It was made last month and is in transit.
Tesla builds LR as 2022 models with ultrasonics
Tesla builds LR as 2022 with the old bumper with filler plugs.

• Informative
Reactions: VT_EE and Zane Liu
Back on topic, here is my Estimated Delivery Date (EDD)

11/2 - 12/7, M3 LR White/White/Aero/AP, Salt Lake, UT

Note cars with a "P" as the 10th digit will be 2023. The manufacturer can decide to add this designation to their Vin anytime during the year.

The VINs for M3 Performance given out this week are P in the 10th digit (they skipped O as it can be confused with 0). 2023 Model year.

In order to remove the holes in the bumpers they had to certify the new bumpers with the federal government and as I understand it, it is much easier for everyone if you just assign that new part/rating to a new model year.

Here are the ways someone could still get a 2022:
It was made last month and is in transit.
Tesla builds LR as 2022 models with ultrasonics
Tesla builds LR as 2022 with the old bumper with filler plugs.
Thank you! Good to know!

Was curious if they were making any other changes to the cars beyond the USS

Powered frunk would be really nice wonder if they would do a retrofit for 2022 models
Agreed! Would do it for sure!
I live in FL and would LOVE the ventilated seats that were put in the manual back in January.
Yeah ventilated seats seem interesting but I’ve also heard the pores are harder to clean with a white leather. Trade offs

Was debating getting the after market one and doing it myself. Watched a few videos it doesn't seem to hard. Has anyone had or heard any thing about the aftermarket one? Would hate to get it and it breaks or worse damages the car
I did some research as well. There’s two methods.

The simpler one with just a hydraulic valve is concerning as it places constant pressure on the thin hood, potentially damaging its shape. It also does not retract.

There’s an aftermarket full electronic system that even integrates into the display software. But the install on that looked like a ton of work so I wasn’t super keen on it at the moment.

I did some research as well. There’s two methods.

The simpler one with just a hydraulic valve is concerning as it places constant pressure on the thin hood, potentially damaging its shape. It also does not retract.

There’s an aftermarket full electronic system that even integrates into the display software. But the install on that looked like a ton of work so I wasn’t super keen on it at the moment.
Yeah I've seen the electric one. I think I could do it but I remember hearing stories of it malfunctioning and damaging the hood.

I've had no problem w/ my Frunk.
Ugg I personally hate it. Never use it just keep all my roadside emergency kits, jumper cables etc in there. Anytime i close it it leaves big greasy handprints right on the front that I have to wipe off. Granted i have a black car that is incredibly hard to keep clean. I use the trunk for everything since it is so convient with the power open and close.

Ugg I personally hate it. Never use it just keep all my roadside emergency kits, jumper cables etc in there. Anytime i close it it leaves big greasy handprints right on the front that I have to wipe off. Granted i have a black car that is incredibly hard to keep clean. I use the trunk for everything since it is so convient with the power open and close.
I use the frunk for my sweaty gym clothes and shoes. I also use it to transport fast food so it doesn’t permeate the interior. I close the frunk with my knuckles to reduce fingerprints

Reactions: ZZ118