Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
German quality is top notch, but that front end is questionable.
Agreed but it somehow grew on me. M3's front view is not the prettiest ever either :) I posted earlier a comparison between my M3LR (unfortunately, I totaled it back in July) and I4. M3 had many advantages but ride and handling of I4 with M adaptive suspension and air suspension in the back are superior IMHO

Last edited:
I don't think Tesla had a choice. People would have cancelled their order and placed a new order to get the discount. When I picked up my LR in mid Nov from Fremont, CA, there were close to 1000 new vehicles sitting on the lot. Wonder how bad the cancellation rate is for them to finally offer the discount.

They produce 12000 a week, so 1000 vehicles is a little over half a day of production. It's difficult to get them loaded on to trucks and trains that fast.

How long do you have before the 10k supercharger miles expire?
Tesla says 10,000 miles of free Supercharging will be provided for deliveries taken from now and December 31, 2022. That’s about the equivalent of $1,000 USD worth of free Supercharging.

These Supercharging miles are good for two years and the perk is on top of the current price adjustment on orders of $3,750. So we have about $4,750 USD in perks for December deliveries in the U.S. It’s unclear if this free Supercharger perk is available in Canada as well, for example.

The text message closes by saying, “interested in taking advantage of this special incentive? Reply YES”.

So with all the stuff tesla is throwing consumers way right now it is almost guaranteed a major refresh of the model is coming soon. Very tough decision but do consider if you plan on selling the car in the next couple of years it may be worth more to wait for refresh. My logic being that depreciation will likely far exceed the 4k discount right now. But idk tricky situation just something for new cusomers to be aware of. Either way its a great car. Also as i've said before with tesla not including the ultrasonic senors (USS) and disabling essentially all of FSD/EAP I would not add that on right now. I have FSD its cool but only useful on the highway or stop and go traffic at the moment.

So with all the stuff tesla is throwing consumers way right now it is almost guaranteed a major refresh of the model is coming soon. Very tough decision but do consider if you plan on selling the car in the next couple of years it may be worth more to wait for refresh. My logic being that depreciation will likely far exceed the 4k discount right now. But idk tricky situation just something for new cusomers to be aware of. Either way its a great car. Also as i've said before with tesla not including the ultrasonic senors (USS) and disabling essentially all of FSD/EAP I would not add that on right now. I have FSD its cool but only useful on the highway or stop and go traffic at the moment.
But when do you anticipate the rumored refreshed Model 3 being available for delivery? 2024?

I suspect the refresh is in part being motivated by the fact that the Model 3 doesn't qualify for the anticipated EV Tax Credit. Even the Model 3 RWD would have issues qualifying since it uses a Chinese made cell that is assembled into a pack in Shanghai. I prefer the LFP battery pack since we are able to charge to 100% giving us 273 mi range. That is equivalent to a Model 3 LR charged to 80%. I would suspect they might decide to not use the LFP pack in the US so that it isn't penalized under the EV Tax Credit program. If that is true, I can see how a Model 3 RWD with the LFP pack might have a higher resale premium than a non-LFP refreshed M3.

So another way to look at is, Tesla is giving buyers of the '23 RWD the $3,750 value of the tax credit along with $1,000 worth of free supercharging miles. That is a pretty good deal that I won't expect to come around again.