Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR delivery - question

Balaji

Oct 17, 2019
NJ
Hi
So I ordered my model 3 LR black interior on 10/16 night
Today I get a text that

Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled! Select an available delivery appointment time now. If you have not selected an appointment by tonight we will assign and notify you of your delivery appointment. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm your appointment before your delivery day.

I click on the link and the option is only to take delivery on either coming Friday or Saturday - I cannot take delivery as I am working.

I called the delivery center and they sent - there is no vin assigned to your account ( although I can see one in my source code) and I am recommended to ignore this text.

Will I miss my car?

m3-ricardo

Oct 21, 2019
Seattle
Hi
So I ordered my model 3 LR black interior on 10/16 night
Today I get a text that

Your Model 3 is in transit and ready to be scheduled! Select an available delivery appointment time now. If you have not selected an appointment by tonight we will assign and notify you of your delivery appointment. A Tesla representative will reach out to confirm your appointment before your delivery day.

I click on the link and the option is only to take delivery on either coming Friday or Saturday - I cannot take delivery as I am working.

I called the delivery center and they sent - there is no vin assigned to your account ( although I can see one in my source code) and I am recommended to ignore this text.

Will I miss my car?

let them assign you a delivery date -- then call to reschedule.

Telemark

Nov 2, 2019
Providence
If you get a VIN, does that mean the car is in production? Or has it finished production?

(Oct17 order from East Coast, for LR AWD blue/black 18” aero)

Balaji

Oct 17, 2019
NJ
If you see the vin in source it means that you might get the car in a few weeks
If you see vin in your profile it means very close to delivery
That is what I think .. it is Happening to me

Type1

Oct 27, 2019
Madison, WI
Good luck not having your car given to someone else if you want to go outside the date range.
For real? They just gave me two days that I am out of town-- I am going to call tomorrow to see if they can arrange it on the third day. I highly doubt they will switch my car to someone else.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC