Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR demographic poll

For those who have ORDERED OR TAKEN DELIVERY of a Model 3 already, in which age group do you fall?

• 18 - 25

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • 26 - 35

Votes: 69 22.5%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 111 36.2%
  • 46 - 59

Votes: 85 27.7%
  • 60 and older

Votes: 28 9.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if this has been done already. I’m passing the time while my delivery gets rescheduled and thought it would be interesting to see the breakdown by age brackets of Model 3 owners. Please only participate in this poll if you have either taken delivery of your Model 3 or if you have placed an order (ie $2500 deposit).

Forgive me if this has been done already. I’m passing the time while my delivery gets rescheduled and thought it would be interesting to see the breakdown by age brackets of Model 3 owners. Please only participate in this poll if you have either taken delivery of your Model 3 or if you have placed an order (ie $2500 deposit).
Is it possible to do this on forum.tesla.com? How many people take delivery and stay on here? But it's already showing majority are millennials.

• Disagree
Reactions: outdoors
I guess I'm too old to use the forum.tesla.com. I ought to go look. Six years ago there were hardly any forums, there were no superchargers or even hints of any, and it was $40,000 for a holding deposit for which one might wait years. I'm 75 in a couple months, and only glad that I'm able to enjoy these cars yet.

You young whippersnappers still have a life time of adventures, and a great car in which to find them.

@wcorey I kind of hate forum.tesla.com. It is poorly featured compared to most forums (more accurately, non-featured,) and is very difficult to navigate.

Never been to forum.tesla.com, I find what I like and I don’t change! And btw I too had a birthday recently. When I designed the age brackets I realized that now, for the first time, I’’m no longer in the 45 and younger crowd. Turned 46 less than 2 weeks ago, man I’m old!

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: cwoernle and P85_DA
No, 36+ is the new 21!
I am not 36, but what's interesting is a conversation I had with a friend. I posited the belief, and she agreed, most people think of themselves as mid 30s. Late teens give themselves way more maturity than they have, ditto 20's, 50s and 60 yr olds still internally view themselves physically, sexually still mid 30s and I don't believe its gender specific as "she agreed". The whole midlife crisis...people trying to prove their still are mid 30's, cars and women/men. It's kind of funny.

Last edited:
@wcorey I kind of hate forum.tesla.com. It is poorly featured compared to most forums (more accurately, non-featured,) and is very difficult to navigate.
I think I've been there once, maybe twice trying to find information of M3 profiles. The, clearly dated, owner manual pdf did not refer to profiles at all. The pdf referenced in my account does reference it. I mentioned it as it is a tesla sponsored forum, with perhaps tesla CS people maybe?I don't get a sense tesla evangelists hang here.

I guess I'm too old to use the forum.tesla.com. I ought to go look. Six years ago there were hardly any forums, there were no superchargers or even hints of any, and it was $40,000 for a holding deposit for which one might wait years. I'm 75 in a couple months, and only glad that I'm able to enjoy these cars yet.

You young whippersnappers still have a life time of adventures, and a great car in which to find them.
The friend of mine in La Jolla, is mid 70s, he got his first S early 70s. No 2013 Roadster. He told me his wife tells him all the time the S is a better driver than he is. This is, frankly, why I bought FSD up front. By the time I'll need/want FSD it'll be there and the car will be paid off. Who knows, maybe I'll never need FSD but I know too many seniors that gave up their keys/cars because they (or their kids) realized they were in the unsafe zone. Future-proofing independence and mobility!

Reactions: cct3
Never been to forum.tesla.com, I find what I like and I don’t change! And btw I too had a birthday recently. When I designed the age brackets I realized that now, for the first time, I’’m no longer in the 45 and younger crowd. Turned 46 less than 2 weeks ago, man I’m old!
Never fear. That's when I went from zero to Commercial multi-engine/single engine w/IFR, went to Europe for awhile.

Happy Birthday!

Thanks @wcorey ! I mean, at this point it’s just another trip around the sun, but it beats the alternative! :)
I had always wanted to be a pilot, right up until at 15 my dad said they were glorified bus drivers. That was Vietnam era. My point was now is a good time to start to cross off bucket list items. Personally I don't think maturity arrives until 40s, so, truly, congratulations are in order!

Now that's what a normal distribution curve looks like! Brilliant idea to do that!

For once, I'm in the top quintile of a distribution!

I've been waiting for over 20 years to buy an electric car. Every car I've bought since about 1996, I've wondered if that might be the last ICE machine I would have to buy.

The memory came back to me recently of my (late) dad talking about an aunt or great aunt of his who owned an electric car, probably about 100 years ago. That's how cool I am, because I'm old.

Reactions: DR61
For once, I'm in the top quintile of a distribution!

I've been waiting for over 20 years to buy an electric car. Every car I've bought since about 1996, I've wondered if that might be the last ICE machine I would have to buy.

The memory came back to me recently of my (late) dad talking about an aunt or great aunt of his who owned an electric car, probably about 100 years ago. That's how cool I am, because I'm old.

Plus you are super cool becuase you live in the Redneck Riviera AND you admit it! Where I come from that means you’re in PCB, correct?