Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR not currently available to order (USA) [posted 08.12.2022 --Its back! 05.02.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just don't know how that can be when we know the China LG NCA and LFP battery packs don't qualify. Did the rules just change?
Possibly some loophole where they “finish” assembly of the cells in the US. Eg etch or stick a label onto it. 🙃

Or they come from China as single/loose cells which are then packaged into the battery modules that make up the battery pack so they can say the “battery module” was assembled in the US.

Possibly some loophole where they “finish” assembly of the cells in the US. Eg etch or stick a label onto it. 🙃

Or they come from China as single/loose cells which are then packaged into the battery modules that make up the battery pack so they can say the “battery module” was assembled in the US.
yea, probably parts from China and assembled in the U.S. When I was working for the U,S gov as an facility engineer, we needed to purchase a lot of LED lights back to 2014, and 80% of them were made in China. However, I was told if the LED lights were assembled in the united State, US government could still purchase it.

Pretty sneaky, however they did it. I hope that means everyone who took delivery since April 18 has access to the full credit.
Interesting they have removed the April 18th language. Is there really going to be a big difference from what is shipping now and what comes if your order now? 😮‍💨
1685761891153.png

Whoah...this now is a tough call. I was planning on holding out for the "Highland" but with these rebates are tempting. :oops: Wish we knew a bit more about the refreshed 3. Gotta love Elon's timing. Do you think it's the push for Q2 or is he attempting to liquidate the 3's before pushing out the new 3?

I don’t recall exactly but pre pandemic economy psychosis it was pretty regular. There was some sort of discount/incentive at the end of almost every quarter.

Supply, demand, and competition. No more complicated than that. Highland isn’t coming next week.
Competition maybe, but demand has def fallen off for the the Model 3.Demand was there a few years ago when you had to wait 4-9 months for delivery.

Today you can order the 3 and get it in a couple weeks. It's been around 7 years with a few minor changes. Not only is Tesla giving nice discounts, $7,500 rebates ($2,000 more if you reside in Colorado), a year of charging for Texans, but they just brought back their customer referral program.

The current demand is the model Y, but how long do you think before the competition will eat into that market?
This is why Tesla has to facelift the 3.
Of course no one is expecting the Highland available next week, although that would be an amazing summer ride!

Competition maybe, but demand has def fallen off for the the Model 3.Demand was there a few years ago when you had to wait 4-9 months for delivery.
Demand has fallen off for everything to be fair.
Today you can order the 3 and get it in a couple weeks.
I’d argue this is the way it should be and supply is getting more in line with demand.

Yes, the 3 is getting stale. But we’re not at crisis status yet.

Interesting they have removed the April 18th language. Is there really going to be a big difference from what is shipping now and what comes if your order now? 😮‍💨 View attachment 943473
Federal Tax Credits for Plug-in Electric and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After still says that, for vehicles placed in service after April 18, 2023, the Model 3 standard range and long range are eligible for $3,750, while the Model 3 Performance and various Model Y are eligible for $7,500.

Elon mentioned not too long ago that they would start adjusting prices pretty frequently. I’d just like to get 100% confirmation that the current inventory RWD models and my car actually qualify for the $7,500 tax rebate.

The inventory vehicles on the Tesla website pretty clearly state they do. I would be surprised if they did this without being sure.

1685889147679.png

Reactions: 42M3 and King David