Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR not currently available to order (USA) [posted 08.12.2022 --Its back! 05.02.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 LR options is now greyed out and cannot be ordered. Says “Available in 2023”

Interesting.

Attachments

• 1B8C4B32-CA40-4FDB-A513-91035919E538.jpeg
    1B8C4B32-CA40-4FDB-A513-91035919E538.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 861
Last edited:
I saw that a little bit ago. Wonder if they are working on a $55k version.

I doubt that’s it. I don’t think Tesla (or anyone building high volume, large battery capacity EVs) can meet the American/Free Trade Agreement with USA material sourcing requirements so quickly in order to qualify for tax credit. Would love to be wrong here.

Last edited:
I saw that a little bit ago. Wonder if they are working on a $55k version.

This doesn't make much sense. In the past Tesla has made significant changes to their cars without stopping the sale of cars. Even the SR+ and switch to LFP batteries, they never stopped sale and just switched everyone that was on SR+ to the new RWD trim. Even if you were to place an order now at a higher than $55k and there was a decrease in the price at the time of delivery, Tesla has always honored price decreases in the past.

i will see if my order on M3RWD will be delivered before end of Dec, otherwise, I might switch to M3LR and "hopefully" i will be eligible to get the tax credit. for the people who might say it is above the price range, if I do switch to M3LR, the price would be $54999 as it was the time I ordered M3RWD.

After seeing your post and another similar one I went to Tesla site and see that Tesla M3LR is grayed out. Under it there is a note that says "Available in 2023". My guess is that they have reached the order capacity for 2022 LR and have stopped taking orders for it until ready for the 2023 MY. If you don't want to wait you could keep checking on new inventory as if some buyers cancel at last minute I would guess it could show up there - though you wouldn't have choice of color, etc. My 2022 M3LR is my 2nd Tesla, replacing my 2018 M3LR - its a great car and if you aren't in a hurry I think its worth the wait until they open up orders for 2023. Good luck.

Has anyone seen them shut it down and lock out orders like this before.

Usually they just take the order even if it's a 6 month warranty.

They get their deposit up front and get better numbers for future sales I would think.

Potentially changing the spec on it enough that they don't want new orders ???