Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR range is now listed @ 325 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone seen this increase in range in their Model 3 LR? Mine has never changed. I charge to 80% daily and has been showing about 251 miles (+/- 2 miles) since day 1 of ownership back in July 2018 (14,800 miles ago).
Tesla.com currently shows 310 miles range for both LR models available to purchase....

Sorry to resurrect this thread but has anyone seen this increase in range in their Model 3 LR? Mine has never changed. I charge to 80% daily and has been showing about 251 miles (+/- 2 miles) since day 1 of ownership back in July 2018 (14,800 miles ago).
Tesla.com currently shows 310 miles range for both LR models available to purchase....
Mine went up and I received it the same month as you. Have you not gotten all the software updates?? Also, just as a side note: Tesla underestimated the range of the LR RWD by quite a lot originally. Right after they came out people reported getting 330 miles, so maybe Tesla is just moving the range closer toward the true number.

I did get a range “bump” after a software update. And as of recently notice that my 80 or 90% charge is not what it used to be. After performing a hard reset, as outlined from Mountain Pass Performance, the range immediately went back up when everything was powered back on. That lasted until I drove the car again. I have a LR RWD.

I did get a range “bump” after a software update. And as of recently notice that my 80 or 90% charge is not what it used to be. After performing a hard reset, as outlined from Mountain Pass Performance, the range immediately went back up when everything was powered back on. That lasted until I drove the car again. I have a LR RWD.

Hard reset as in holding down the brake and the buttons on the steering wheel?

My RWD LR was received 7/2018 and up until 2019.5.15 a full charge was around 308-310 miles. After that update, for a couple of months, the 100% charge amounted to 320-323. It has since then returned to 308-314. My driving style probably has a lot to do with it as I enjoy stomping on the go pedal. Also my upper charging limit has never been consistent as I don't yet have my HPWC installed at home. I had free charging at work (L2) so I normally added about 100 miles when I needed it, to get the range to at least 200 miles. There were several times when I made an effort to charge to 90-95% which yielded an estimated 323 miles at full charge. A couple of recent DC Fast charges using a CHAdeMO adapter to 100% made it only to 314.

My RWD LR was received 7/2018 and up until 2019.5.15 a full charge was around 308-310 miles. After that update, for a couple of months, the 100% charge amounted to 320-323. It has since then returned to 308-314. My driving style probably has a lot to do with it as I enjoy stomping on the go pedal. Also my upper charging limit has never been consistent as I don't yet have my HPWC installed at home. I had free charging at work (L2) so I normally added about 100 miles when I needed it, to get the range to at least 200 miles. There were several times when I made an effort to charge to 90-95% which yielded an estimated 323 miles at full charge. A couple of recent DC Fast charges using a CHAdeMO adapter to 100% made it only to 314.
You could also have suffered some battery degradation. They say 5% the first year is normal and expected.

My last charge to 90% was 283 although when I went in the car it said 285. That was the highest I remember seeing it so I attribute that to degradation just before my car died that same night after a very short drive and got home. An hour later I get notification that car needs service. Given that RWD LR only has one DU, not going anywhere that way. Getting it back today and from conversation with SA, the drive unit died with little more than 28k miles. Have very early DU so hopefully this one will last longer.