Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR RWD/Pearl White/19”/Black int/EAP/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Recently put in an order for a LR AWD, looking to part ways with my car.

Car details:
October 2018 build
Pearl White
Black interior
19" Sport Wheels
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self Driving
17,500 miles at the time of this post

Additional info:
Rear "T" emblem has been debadged and replaced with Abstract Ocean's Performance Emblem.
Center console has been wrapped with Abstract Ocean's matte white vinyl wrap.
MCU/display has been covered with Abstract Ocean's tempered glass screen protector since delivery/day 1.
DIY ceramic coating applied by yours truly, using CQuartz 3.0 UK.

Car has regularly been vacuumed and handwashed with Optimum No Rinse and 500gsm detailing towels from the Rag Company.

As you can see, it's very well taken care of. As such, I believe a price of $46,000 firm is fair for this car.

I am located in Chino Hills, CA.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Some pictures I have onhand, can take more on request:
BEEcAmQ.jpg

G3JwNkx.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: cucubits
A brand new 2019 AWD LR (white/black/19s/FSD) is $54,490 +$1200 destination fee - $1875 federal tax credit = $54,815

$46,000 is a 16% discount, to account for depreciation (20% is standard for 1st year) and reduced value/performance (RWD vs AWD).

Reactions: Daniel_6
James, what about the high mileage? Is 20% depreciation fair on a year old M3 car with 17.5k miles? Curious...
Average yearly mileage is 13,500 in the US. The 17,500 is slightly higher but not outrageous. I personally wouldn't expect seller to discount for mileage, especially for an EV that isn't subject to engine/transmission/brake wear like an ICE car. Also seller appears to have taken better car than most owners, so personally I'd say the better than average condition would offset the higher than average mileage.

20% depreciation would put this car $43.8k. Being RWD instead of AWD, personally I'd say $42k is a fair value.

Reactions: Daniel_6
Plus he received the Federal Tax credit to offset his costs. Gorgeous car, GLWS.
It doesnt really matter what OP paid a year ago because no one has a time machine to go back and order them at that price. Also not everyone was able to take advantage of the entire $7500 federal tax credit and $2500 CA tax credit. All that matters is what a new model is currently worth.