Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR RWD Track Day - Eagles Canyon Raceway- Denton, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a 2.5 mile road course in Decatur, Texas, near Denton. 11 turns with mild elevation changes and a 2000ft uphill back straight. I've been to this track before with a P85D and was able to turn a lap time back of 2:21 in the winter. Today the model 3 did great. Best lap time 2:18 and hit 101mph on the straight. Handles very well for it's size. Downside are the brakes and tires. They don't have good bite and the tires are the OEM 18's. Here is a link to the video. Passed by a modified Lotus.

Last edited:
This is a 2.5 mile road course in Decatur, Texas, near Denton. 11 turns with mild elevation changes and a 2000ft uphill back straight. I've been to this track before with a P85D and was able to turn a lap time back of 2:21 in the winter. Today the model 3 did great. Best lap time 2:18 and hit 101mph on the straight. Handles very well for it's size. Downside are the brakes and tires. They don't have good bite and the tires are the OEM 18's. Here is a link to the video.
Forgot the link.

Teslafi Data. Only 932wh/mi efficiency. Drained 26% battery in 18 minutes.

Attachments

• ECR Track Day Run #1.jpg
    ECR Track Day Run #1.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 126
This is a 2.5 mile road course in Decatur, Texas, near Denton. 11 turns with mild elevation changes and a 2000ft uphill back straight. I've been to this track before with a P85D and was able to turn a lap time back of 2:21 in the winter. Today the model 3 did great. Best lap time 2:18 and hit 101mph on the straight. Handles very well for it's size. Downside are the brakes and tires. They don't have good bite and the tires are the OEM 18's. Here is a link to the video. Passed by a modified Lotus.

stock brake pads?

Last edited by a moderator:
You were doing a good job keeping close to that lotus considering your tires suck. Put some Pilot 4s on those rims and you might have been dead even....with...a.... Lotus.

I know. Every part of that track I was all out except when braking. Braked 90%-95% of max. Didn’t want to destroy the rotors and pads and then have to call for a tow truck. Still have good pad remaining.

Here is a continuation video shot from inside the car. Keep in mind I am braking very early in these turns.There would be at least a 3-5 second lap improvement if I was willing to cook the brakes. Better tires like the the pilot sport 4S's would shave off another 2-3 seconds. The OEM 18's are just not up to the task. Severe oversteer. The front end did not want to turn. Max speed was 102mph on the longest back stretch (not shown in this video). The vehicle I'm was chasing a modified Lotus. Not sure of the model.

Link to video

Reactions: e-FTW
On tight tracks, those ultra light weight Lotus rule the tracks. I used to race them with my Viper and while my HP would get me down the straights faster, they would eat me back up in the twisty bits.

For a stock Model 3 to keep up with a track designed and prepared Lotus is unexpected...and remarkable.

On tight tracks, those ultra light weight Lotus rule the tracks. I used to race them with my Viper and while my HP would get me down the straights faster, they would eat me back up in the twisty bits.

For a stock Model 3 to keep up with a track designed and prepared Lotus is unexpected...and remarkable.

Do you know if this was an Elise or Evora? The rear wing on it was huge!

Here is a continuation video shot from inside the car. Keep in mind I am braking very early in these turns.There would be at least a 3-5 second lap improvement if I was willing to cook the brakes. Better tires like the the pilot sport 4S's would shave off another 2-3 seconds. The OEM 18's are just not up to the task. Severe oversteer. The front end did not want to turn. Max speed was 102mph on the longest back stretch (not shown in this video). The vehicle I'm was chasing a modified Lotus. Not sure of the model.

Link to video

Watching your video with the nav display showing the track makes it look SO much like a videogame!!!

Reactions: ℬête Noire