Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR vs. Performance

Performance has 20" wheels, larger painted brake calipers, a rear spoiler, and possibly a different rear drive unit, as compared to the AWD.
And beefier sway bar, slightly lower ride, aluminum pedals, and all the floor mats, including the frunk. I don’t believe LR AWD comes with that.

Also, tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summers (235-35-20)

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
20190915_114619.jpg

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
I was sold a performance model 3 with the performance upgrade taken off....but it has the red stripe under the "long range" emblem on the rear....I'll try to post a pic
You have a P3D- AKA: Stealth Performance. It is somewhere in between a P3D and an AWD. It has the faster acceleration and Track mode of the P3D but (I believe) everything else is the same as the AWD.

Reactions: SanmanM3
I upgraded from a $60k 10,000 miles LR RWD to a $80k P3D+. Hard choice now that performance is cheaper... but sometimes, I wish i have kept Beast Range model 3 for the extra 120 miles range. Performance you are looking at 220 range with PUP due to larger wheel... and maybe 250 without PUP.

I may get a pre owned LR RWD for daily commute maybe if pocket allows and wife approve haha. 330 miles range for $42k todays price still great deal for a car that’s built to last 500k-1M miles.

Reactions: pilotSteve

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC