TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Ludicrous Mode - No news in over 2 years?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MXWing, Aug 9, 2018.

1. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Last mention here:

Tesla Model 3 will have a ‘Ludicrous’ mode, says Elon Musk

If Model 3 Performance is going to have a ludicrous option, I think more clarity would have been revealed by now?

Details like if P cars are eligible or. or P + P-Package would be crucial so people can make the appropriate buying decisions.

Of course....

it can just be on the 2019 or 2020 version of the Model 3 and doesn't apply to the current ones.

If this is the case, it makes sense to not talk about that to Osborne present sales.

2. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

#2 Maximilien, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Yes, I did think similar. It would be nice if Tesla clarifies so that buyers don't regret after the purchase.
    I am worried that performance upgrade package will only get the ludicrous mode. It is a possibility, which I hope not, as I am leaning on not spending 5K on the performance upgrade for the tire and other bells and whistles. But if Ludicrous mode is exclusive to Performance package P Models, then it is worth to consider.

3. Brian N

Brian N Member

I am thinking it is this to be honest. I always suspected that the current P3D is sorta a rush job with current parts to maximize short term profits. Not that I blame Tesla at all. I want them to make money and prosper.

Ideally I am completely wrong and it’s only software locked and can put down more power in it’s current form or with an uncorking package. Anything sub 3 seconds would be amazing. Especially in this smaller form factor.

Worse case is I buy another model 3 in 2 years with ludicrous mode. I doubt they will offer free supercharging then though.

4. Adam3

Adam3 Member

What would the trunk emblem be for P3D with Ludicrous? Double underline? Exclamation point? Dual Motor in red font to match the underline?

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny x 5
    • Love x 2
  6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Shouldn't it be more like...

/// Ξ