Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Manual - as of software 2021.44 [downloadable from tesla website as of 2022.12!]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s the latest Tesla Model 3 manual as of Software 2021.44:

Online:

I’m not seeing a .pdf version. Hope there is one as I like to keep it saved on my phone should I not have an internet connection.
Seems to not be updated for V11 yet. Still mentions the “cards” and screenshots are from V10.

Reactions: Andy7
I hope they continue to update the PDF version. They stopped doing that for the pre-refresh Model S/X, you have to use the online version or the one in the car.
Nope. Apparently not going to happen. I sent feedback to them last night about hoping they would add a .pdf version because you may not always have an internet connection via wifi or cellular which I mentioned in my feedback. Got this prompt response this morning:

“Thanks for reaching out. We are moving away from the PDF style manuals to the much improved HTML style. You can also access the Owner's Manual on your vehicle's touchscreen or in the mobile app.”

Impressed someone got back to me so soon but disappointed in no .pdf plans. Had a feeling this would be the response. Is the Manual on the car stored in some memory on the car? I thought you were required to use your connectivity to go out to the web for it.

Nope. Apparently not going to happen. I sent feedback to them last night about hoping they would add a .pdf version because you may not always have an internet connection via wifi or cellular which I mentioned in my feedback. Got this prompt response this morning:

“Thanks for reaching out. We are moving away from the PDF style manuals to the much improved HTML style. You can also access the Owner's Manual on your vehicle's touchscreen or in the mobile app.”

Impressed someone got back to me so soon but disappointed in no .pdf plans. Had a feeling this would be the response. Is the Manual on the car stored in some memory on the car? I thought you were required to use your connectivity to go out to the web for it.
Terrible idea. Downloading the PDF is how a lot of people familiarize themselves with the car prior to delivery.

Reactions: swaltner and Andy7

"Much improved." Ha. I think they meant "much simpler for us to update" (i.e. cheaper). I echo what others have said here - give us a downloaded PDF version of the manual.

Reactions: St☰v☰
Why do you need a PDF? Just bookmark the HTML manual. What's the difference?

It certainly makes sense to do away with PDF's, there are a hundred obsolete versions floating around to confuse people and Tesla has to publish a new version with every little change and then they have to deal with all the people who call tech support when their manual doesn't match their car.

Plus when they completely overhaul the entire UI (cough), all we have to do is click on our same old bookmark to get the current manual rather than searching for a new PDF and then saving it somewhere and deleting the old one and taking all the time to remember where it's saved and browse to it and open it.

And I'd argue that it's much easier to search the HTML manual since it offers close matches.

P.S. Note the time and temperature displayed in the manual graphics.:cool:🚬

Screenshot 2021-12-31 155138.png

Reactions: Kevy Baby
"Much improved." Ha. I think they meant "much simpler for us to update" (i.e. cheaper). I echo what others have said here - give us a downloaded PDF version of the manual.

I don't think that's it. Almost certainly whatever tool they use to generate the HTML could also generate a PDF essentially for free as part of the process. And even if the tool they use to generate HTML can't generate PDF too there are plenty of free tools that will generate perfect PDF files from HTML.

Why do you need a PDF? Just bookmark the HTML manual. What's the difference?

It's usable offline and easily printable. And also archivable for those who care about that.

Guess I need to look at tools to create a PDF or other all-in-one format from a web link.

(UPDATE: Looks like HT Track can be used to mirror the web/HTML manual locally. The search feature won't work on the mirrored copy, as I expected, but it otherwise seems to work acceptably.)

Last edited:
I do wish that online searches would provide a way to search for exactly what I requested, rather than attempting to "second guess" my intentions. This isn't a Tesla-specific issue of course. Google does this too. Adding quote characters used to tell their search engine to look for exactly what I typed. But even that is now ignored - leading to odd or entirely off-topic search results. Their results used to be much better but have deteriorated over the years. As an engineer / software developer and aging geek this makes it increasingly difficult to find what I'm looking for. Where's AltaVista when you need it? :)

Now back to your regularly-scheduled programming (and software updates)...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EVNation
OMG surprised today to get an email from the Tesla Model 3 owners manual team letting me know that they WILL be publishing a .PDF of the manual!!

Here’s the text from my email. Great News.

View attachment 797485

Thanks for sharing this.

I was able to go online and download the current manual as a PDF right after seeing your post.

I have attached it here. Thanks again for sharing!

Attachments

• Model 3 Owners manual.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 220
Reactions: Timbo2 and SMAlset