TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model 3 Manual: Disconnecting 12V and High Voltage Power

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by GregRF, Aug 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

Some interesting tidbits in this manual.
    Model_3_high_voltage.png
    Shows Battery pack with integrated charger (passes through hole in bed pan to beneath the rear seat), motor, charge port, A/C compressor and PTC heater.

Doc shows the 12V battery placement behind the frunk.

Doc also notes that the windows should be lowered to protect door glass when opening and shutting doors when power is disconnected.

• Informative x 7
    • Like x 2
  2. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Member

Linky no work. Do you have to be registered with Tesla service to see it?

3. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

This?

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 4
    • Informative x 3
  4. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. KarenRei

6. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

Looks like the 12v battery will be far easier to replace in the Model 3 vs Model S.

7. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

That was fast.

8. KarenRei

Same thing happened with the repair guide the other day.

9. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I can access it right now... just grabbed every PDF

• Like x 1
  10. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Isn't that the compressor in the front on the picture? Wouldn't make sense to have to disconnect AC lines I wouldn't think.

Interesting all the other stuff in the battery penthouse. Good and bad I guess.

Definitely no 20 second quick switch of battery pack on this model.

11. scottm

scottm Active Member

Here's the best line in the manual:

12. KarenRei

You'll note that you don't have the M3 one.

13. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

True, I got that one from you :)

I'm compiling a personal collection.

14. KarenRei

Tesla hasn't quite gotten the hang of this "unable to put genies back in bottles" thing, when it comes to unintentional info releases on the net....

I assume it's to hinder its competitors from knowing what they're doing for as long as possible. If they were clever, they'd deliberately salt the net with fake "accidental" releases to throw them off. For example, an early Model Y release that implies that it has capabilities / stats / design elements that it doesn't, and doesn't have those that it actually does. "The largest battery pack available on the Model Y at launch will be 50kWh," "The optional propeller attachment won't be available until 2021...", etc ;)

• Funny x 2
  15. FlyingKiwi

FlyingKiwi Member

Ohh, amphibious model Y.. now we are talking :)

• Like x 1
  16. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Ah, but think of all the irate threads and huffy threats to pre-cancel future Model Y reservations this misinformation campaign will generate on TMC. :eek:

• Funny x 2
  17. scottm

scottm Active Member

#17 scottm, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Tesla is such a moving target, nobody knows what is real, or when. Or for how long it lasts before getting outdated and replaced by a new-better thing. That alone is enough to keep the competition scratching their heads.

Notice there is no "model 3" badging on the rear of the model 3? Maybe when they get to production volume Tesla will have decided the logo should really be Roman numeral III or maybe just do it in binary II.

(There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.)

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 2
  18. KarenRei

#18 KarenRei, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    I don't think anyone else should be able to claim trademark on the 3-bars logo, so long as Tesla makes the bottom bar bigger. Because that's literally the Chinese / Japanese character for 3:

[​IMG]
    If you're using the number 3, to mean 3, how can someone get a trademark on that? That would be like a company getting a trademark on the letter "A" in the context of using it as the letter "A". Even ignoring that, I don't even get how Adidas had grounds to stand on in the conflict to begin with. Trademarks are context-sensitive. If I make, say, a kitchen appliance called a wizzlewozzle, and trademark "wizzlewozzle", it only applies in the context of kitchen appliances. Do a trademark search for random terms - you'll find many different companies have trademarked the exact same term, but in different contexts. Maybe it works differently with logos, I'm a bit fuzzier on how the law deals with them...

Heh, I should start doing 3d metal printing of attachable M3 3-bar logos. Maybe with fine print embedded into the lower bar, "And Adidas Can Go F*** Itself" ;)

• Like x 1
  19. timk225

timk225 Member

I don't give a damn what Tesla decided to do, my model 3 WILL have the Tesla badges on the trunk. And here is how I am going to do it.

I will order a "model" badge from a model s. So that one is covered. What's the consensus on total KW from the short range battery? 55 or 60 KW? Whatever it ends up being, I will either get a model S 60 badge or a pair of 85 badges and use the 5's to make a 55. That is handled.

My only stumbling block is the 3 logo. And I will use a number 3, not 3 lines. I guess I could cut up the 8 from an 85 battery emblem and shape it into a 3, but it would be better to have a special made 3 emblem.

We will see what I come up with, and I will make a youtube video when I have the badges on my 3.

• Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  20. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭

[​IMG]