TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 market share is 1% of U.S. car sales?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Matias, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Matias

Matias Active Member

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

Those 6,250 are estimates since Tesla refuses to provide monthly sales figures. GM has also recently stopped, making monthly reports tricky.

Do notice that "light trucks" far outsell cars in the US light vehicle market.

3. Matias

Matias Active Member

Yes. If we take that into account, market share is obviously smaller.

4. Matias

Matias Active Member

^Yes I'm familiar whit that. That was actually the reason, why I started this thread. If we look Model 3 market share in that segment, market share is huge. But if we look it at the cars sold (even after excluding light trucs and SUV:s), it is small.

I don't know, which is the right way to look the market share.