TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 missing features after V10

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Greypilgrim73, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Greypilgrim73

Greypilgrim73 New Member

I have a new M3P and downloaded the V10 upgrade last night over WiFi. While I have Cuphead and Joe Mode, no other features are seen (specifically Spotify, and a blank theatre screen). The problem persists despite soft reset x 2. Anybody else experiencing this or have a suggestion?

2. djroberts

djroberts Member

My Caroake was broken the first night but works now. Did you reboot?

3. hridge2020

hridge2020 Member

Missing Theater Icon..

4. hridge2020

hridge2020 Member

And I did a reset too.

5. Greypilgrim73

Greypilgrim73 New Member

Soft reboot x 2. hard reboot x 1, and a simple power down. Nothing

6. Greypilgrim73

Greypilgrim73 New Member

I have the icon, but a blank screen when I select it

7. Dan203

Dan203 Active Member

Everything seems to be working fine for me.

8. median

median New Member

I have the same issue, no theatre (blank screen) and no caraoke (no icon) and no spotify (no icon) but in the case of spotify it's because I'm in france and I have a sr+ (no premium connectivity). Is caraoke only available for premium connectivity ?

The rest of the update seems to be working fine ...

9. HG Wells

HG Wells Active Member

Did you select (at the bottom of all screens) the music icon then top left theater ?

10. Greypilgrim73

Greypilgrim73 New Member

According to a similar thread I started on Reddit, and confirmed with Tesla after nearly an hour on hold, there is a firmware issue causing this. They are working on a patch to correct, and no ETA as of yet

I did a factory reset, and this essentially fixed things for the missing features which I can now see (Spotify, Caroke, and theatre), but now the car thinks it is at Tesla HQ on navigation, and my location is not updating...

11. toolman335

toolman335 Member

I have everything but Summon on my phone. It's an Android.
    Though I heard I might have to do something in the car too to turn it on or allow my phone to do it?
    Maybe it's a feature I shouldn't have anyway lol.

12. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

Did you pay for EAP or FSD, if not you don't get Summon.

13. Kamban

Kamban Member

I have SR+. Caraoke is available for SR+. There is Spotify icon but its needs a personal Spotify premium account in order to log in and work.

TuneIn works well enough for me.

Netflix requires your own account to log in and use it. Same with Hulu. Youtube works fine

14. hridge2020

hridge2020 Member

On mine next to the music Icon note, is an up arrow, I activated that, then another set of icons were listed. Then I choose entertainment icon, then I got to Theater ....

15. Dan203

Dan203 Active Member

All of these services vary from country to country, so it's very possible Caraoke isn't available in France. Might apply to Theater too. All the reviews and stuff you see are mainly people in the US so your experience may be different.

16. timwh280

timwh280 New Member

For anyone experiencing this issue and not wanting to wait for Tesla to push a firmware fix, I found a workaround of sorts. Since the Monty Python easter egg adds an icon to the Theatre screen, I thought it might be enough to fix the missing features, and sure enough it worked for me. Spotify, Caraoke, and the Theatre apps instantly showed up. You just need to name your car "Patsy" or one of the other documented names to activate the easter egg. You can read more about it here:

Tesla added a farting Monty Python Easter egg in its newest software update

17. Karman

Karman New Member

Thanks a lot for this tip @timwh280 ! You made my day... I restarted several times, spoke to tesla support and nothing worked, but with your tip I got the theatre apps and Spotify