TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 - Modifications & Ideas

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Chrisrok64, Dec 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Chrisrok64

Chrisrok64 Member

Please post pics of modifications you've already made or plan to.

Like:
    * Wraps
    * Chrome Delete
    * Powder coating 19" wheels
    * Tint Windows
    * Tint light covers
    * Interior mods

And, any ideas/concepts you are thinking about.

Thanks, I believe it will help many, especially me:)

2. Chrisrok64

Chrisrok64 Member

#2 Chrisrok64, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
    SORRY, forgot to check my spelling. Should be IDEAS.

(Mod note: FTFY, better late than never)

3. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

I'd like to see a Model 3 F150 modification with the resulting mod going 500 mi on a charge and hauling a ton of dirt.

• Funny x 2
  4. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Wrap the stupid, awful piano black interior trim: 100% chance
    Tint the windows: 100% chance, TBD if I'll just do 70% all around for legality or if I'll do something else. Possibly 70% on front sides and 35% on rear sides. Rear glass maybe 50%, all the way up (the seam will kill me if I only do a partial)
    Wrap the chrome: 5% chance, it's kinda expensive and not sure if I can do it myself instead.

That's it.

• Love x 1
  5. Doctor X

Doctor X Member

6C173656-7F4E-4C04-B5EC-B03BF0743D23.jpeg 3347C934-1323-4058-BEE5-0123F2E0716E.jpeg 6C173656-7F4E-4C04-B5EC-B03BF0743D23.jpeg This is what I did this weekend to the piano black console of our brand new Model 3. I felt that the console would scratch just looking at it. So I did a carbon fibre wrap myself. Took about three hours. My first ever wrap job. Bought the wrap on Amazon. Overall pleased with the job, not bad for an amateur.

• Like x 1
  6. Austindude

Austindude Member

I want after market (or from Tesla) pleated leather (vegan leather would be fine) door panel inserts. I'd bet the present panels use snaps so it seems like someone could make dressier panels of some sort. Anything else that would dress up the interior would also be nice.

7. Butane

Butane Member

• Center console wrap - delivered in the mail today. Just gotta get home and do it.
    • "T" logo puddle lights. - Also arrived today.
    • Full Autoflex coating - coming in the next month or so.
    • Aftermarket 18" wheels for summer - next spring or so when I rotate on then off winter tires.
    • Aluminum performance pedals. - I just realized I bought these ages ago and haven't installed them yet!

8. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

That looks really good. I'm seeing a few options on Amazon. Which company did you get the wrap from?

9. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Looks great. Do you have the link for wrap on Amazon? Does the wrap come with a squeegee?

10. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

• Like x 1
  11. Doctor X

Doctor X Member

I used this: VVIVID® Epoxy High Gloss Black Carbon fiber Vinyl Automotive Car Wrap Film DIY Interior (1ft x 5ft) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01B3FAYLA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf. I’m inToronto so I got it on Amazon.ca but the same product is available in the USA as well. It did not come with a squeegee but it was very easy to apply using my fingers and I had no bubbles. It was real easy material to work with.

12. EGuzzler

EGuzzler Member

I did the Abstract Ocean T Logo puddle lights, installation was dead easy and I think they look great.

I also did the matte glass screen protector, reduces glare quite a bit . Installation was a bit trickier but worth it .

13. Chrisrok64

Chrisrok64 Member

PLease post pics...thx!

14. Butane

Butane Member

This is the AO T puddle light in a 2 car garage light by 4x 60W equiv LED bulbs. The original OEM puddle light was not visibile in these lighting conditions. I agree that installation was very easy, just be aware that there is almost no slack in the Model 3 wiring harness, unlike the Model S you typically see in the installation videos.

IMG_20180611_205436.jpg

Edit: Oh, the AO installation video showed that you can adjust the angle of these. I found that not to be the case, the rotation mechanism had a drop of epoxy holding them in place and the lights had a left and right indicator on them.

15. EGuzzler

EGuzzler Member

On mine, the wiring on the passenger side had plenty of slack, the drivers side had very little so it was just a bit more difficult. These AO T puddle lights are much brighter than stock. I'm thinking of upgrading some of the interior lights now.

Here's another example of what they look like:
    20180612_203805.jpg

16. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

I removed the airbag warning labels on the sunvisors. :) Going to wrap the center console, should be getting the stuff for that in a day or two. I'd really like to add a ski pass-through, but I'm waiting on someone else to blaze that path first.

• Like x 1
  17. Butane

Butane Member

Hi everyone. My name is Butane and I fail at vinyl wrapping center consoles.

2018-06-11 21.25.00.jpg

The other two sections were comparatively easy and turned out fairly nice. Wife and I are really happy we picked the brushed titanium.

18. tashtibet

tashtibet Member

IMG_0210.JPG
    I made the adapter J1772 distinct & visible so that I don't forget and moreover, I wrote my name & phone at the back in case someone finds it.

• Like x 1
  19. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

How did you do that? Do you have an "after" photo?

• Like x 1
  20. RBowen

RBowen Member

I’d also like to know how you removed the airbag labels from the visors. Thanks.