Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Modifications & Ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please post pics of modifications you've already made or plan to.

Like:
* Wraps
* Chrome Delete
* Powder coating 19" wheels
* Tint Windows
* Tint light covers
* Interior mods

And, any ideas/concepts you are thinking about.

Thanks, I believe it will help many, especially me:)

Wrap the stupid, awful piano black interior trim: 100% chance
Tint the windows: 100% chance, TBD if I'll just do 70% all around for legality or if I'll do something else. Possibly 70% on front sides and 35% on rear sides. Rear glass maybe 50%, all the way up (the seam will kill me if I only do a partial)
Wrap the chrome: 5% chance, it's kinda expensive and not sure if I can do it myself instead.

That's it.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
6C173656-7F4E-4C04-B5EC-B03BF0743D23.jpeg
3347C934-1323-4058-BEE5-0123F2E0716E.jpeg
6C173656-7F4E-4C04-B5EC-B03BF0743D23.jpeg
This is what I did this weekend to the piano black console of our brand new Model 3. I felt that the console would scratch just looking at it. So I did a carbon fibre wrap myself. Took about three hours. My first ever wrap job. Bought the wrap on Amazon. Overall pleased with the job, not bad for an amateur.

Reactions: tracksyde
Please post pics of modifications you've already made or plan to.

Like:
* Wraps
* Chrome Delete
* Powder coating 19" wheels
* Tint Windows
* Tint light covers
* Interior mods

And, any ideas/concepts you are thinking about.

Thanks, I believe it will help many, especially me:)
I want after market (or from Tesla) pleated leather (vegan leather would be fine) door panel inserts. I'd bet the present panels use snaps so it seems like someone could make dressier panels of some sort. Anything else that would dress up the interior would also be nice.

• Center console wrap - delivered in the mail today. Just gotta get home and do it.
  • "T" logo puddle lights. - Also arrived today.
  • Full Autoflex coating - coming in the next month or so.
  • Aftermarket 18" wheels for summer - next spring or so when I rotate on then off winter tires.
  • Aluminum performance pedals. - I just realized I bought these ages ago and haven't installed them yet!

View attachment 308763 View attachment 308762 View attachment 308763 This is what I did this weekend to the piano black console of our brand new Model 3. I felt that the console would scratch just looking at it. So I did a carbon fibre wrap myself. Took about three hours. My first ever wrap job. Bought the wrap on Amazon. Overall pleased with the job, not bad for an amateur.
That looks really good. I'm seeing a few options on Amazon. Which company did you get the wrap from?

View attachment 308763 View attachment 308762 View attachment 308763 This is what I did this weekend to the piano black console of our brand new Model 3. I felt that the console would scratch just looking at it. So I did a carbon fibre wrap myself. Took about three hours. My first ever wrap job. Bought the wrap on Amazon. Overall pleased with the job, not bad for an amateur.

Looks great. Do you have the link for wrap on Amazon? Does the wrap come with a squeegee?

This one comes with everything necessary and even an extra wrap for the cupholders in case you mess up.

https://smile.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Carbon-Console/dp/B07CZKWH83
I used this: VVIVID® Epoxy High Gloss Black Carbon fiber Vinyl Automotive Car Wrap Film DIY Interior (1ft x 5ft) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01B3FAYLA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf. I’m inToronto so I got it on Amazon.ca but the same product is available in the USA as well. It did not come with a squeegee but it was very easy to apply using my fingers and I had no bubbles. It was real easy material to work with.

This is the AO T puddle light in a 2 car garage light by 4x 60W equiv LED bulbs. The original OEM puddle light was not visibile in these lighting conditions. I agree that installation was very easy, just be aware that there is almost no slack in the Model 3 wiring harness, unlike the Model S you typically see in the installation videos.

IMG_20180611_205436.jpg

Edit: Oh, the AO installation video showed that you can adjust the angle of these. I found that not to be the case, the rotation mechanism had a drop of epoxy holding them in place and the lights had a left and right indicator on them.

This is the AO T puddle light in a 2 car garage light by 4x 60W equiv LED bulbs. The original OEM puddle light was not visibile in these lighting conditions. I agree that installation was very easy, just be aware that there is almost no slack in the Model 3 wiring harness, unlike the Model S you typically see in the installation videos.

View attachment 309037

Edit: Oh, the AO installation video showed that you can adjust the angle of these. I found that not to be the case, the rotation mechanism had a drop of epoxy holding them in place and the lights had a left and right indicator on them.

On mine, the wiring on the passenger side had plenty of slack, the drivers side had very little so it was just a bit more difficult. These AO T puddle lights are much brighter than stock. I'm thinking of upgrading some of the interior lights now.

Here's another example of what they look like:
20180612_203805.jpg