Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Moved Itself During Update 2021.32.21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked in a parking lot this morning and noticed there was an update pending. I started the software update and and left the car. I waited until my phone said the update was complete. When I returned to my Model 3 it had completely backed itself out of parking space and was blocking another car! WTF! Has anyone experienced this? Why do you think this happened?

I parked in a parking lot this morning and noticed there was an update pending. I started the software update and and left the car. I waited until my phone said the update was complete. When I returned to my Model 3 it had completely backed itself out of parking space and was blocking another car! WTF! Has anyone experienced this? Why do you think this happened?

Nope, never heard of the car moving itself without intervention. However, I HAVE heard of people accidently pressing buttons on their phone while its in their pocket. That happens fairly often in fact.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
The car was parked on a level surface. I don't think I hit the summon button. Don't you have to hold it down? Anything is possible. Summon feature has gotten squirrelly, it used to go completely into the garage. Now it doesn't, and i can't close the garage door unless i get in and move it another foot...

If you take it into the service center, makes sure to ask for Tangina ...

1632863627576.png

I pulled my phone out of my pocket yesterday after having previously used the app and it was on the ‘trunk open’ dialog, asking me “are you sure?” One press away from the trunk being open. I assume the screen was still active when I put it in my pocket, and buttons got pressed from me moving around.