Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 MR Battery after 1yr / 12K miles

My MidRange has is just over 1 year 12K miles now - took it on trip from San Jose to LA. Here are some notes on the battery performance.

When new 100% was 258 miles - now 100% is 244 miles (car can sit on level 2 charger for more than 30 mins at 244 miles before it says charge complete). I got to San Luis Obispo Supercharger - one of the two banks was out of order - but at least there are 4 new chargers "coming soon" there. This is the first time I plugged into a 150KW charger - my battery was at 55 miles - and I was able to charge at 134KW ! Impressive. Took 31 mins to get to 209 miles range. Outside temp was about 55F.

At 30 miles on battery - I was able to start charge at 117KW at Oxnard. Took 28 mins to go from 30-155 miles !

After I got home - I went to Los Gatos supercharger - charge rate is pretty slow there (It is only 72KW charger - and always full- so was getting less than 30KW with battery at 118 miles. Would be nice to add some 150KW bays there !

So after 1 year - my battery is at about 94% (6% loss). Hopefully that flattens out over the next year. I mostly charge on L2 chargers between 40% and 80% SOC - with perhaps 2/month supercharge session to 80-90%. Normally do not run battery down below 40% - except on long trips (1/month). Is anyone doing significantly better or worse than this (battery range) ?

Mine is also 1 year old and around 19000km. New was 425km, now is 423km. But it was also at 6% loss until I changed my charging habit. I was doing daily charge to 80%. Switched to 60% charge so that, based on my usage, I can drive it down to 20% and recharge to 60% every two day. After I changed the charging habit, the range slowly regained. I haven't tried charging to 100% since I switched the charging habit.

Reactions: KenC

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC