Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 MR Battery after 1yr / 12K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MidRange has is just over 1 year 12K miles now - took it on trip from San Jose to LA. Here are some notes on the battery performance.

When new 100% was 258 miles - now 100% is 244 miles (car can sit on level 2 charger for more than 30 mins at 244 miles before it says charge complete). I got to San Luis Obispo Supercharger - one of the two banks was out of order - but at least there are 4 new chargers "coming soon" there. This is the first time I plugged into a 150KW charger - my battery was at 55 miles - and I was able to charge at 134KW ! Impressive. Took 31 mins to get to 209 miles range. Outside temp was about 55F.

At 30 miles on battery - I was able to start charge at 117KW at Oxnard. Took 28 mins to go from 30-155 miles !

After I got home - I went to Los Gatos supercharger - charge rate is pretty slow there (It is only 72KW charger - and always full- so was getting less than 30KW with battery at 118 miles. Would be nice to add some 150KW bays there !

So after 1 year - my battery is at about 94% (6% loss). Hopefully that flattens out over the next year. I mostly charge on L2 chargers between 40% and 80% SOC - with perhaps 2/month supercharge session to 80-90%. Normally do not run battery down below 40% - except on long trips (1/month). Is anyone doing significantly better or worse than this (battery range) ?

I’m also at 240-244. 1 year old and 4k miles. I’m seeing most MR are at 240 or so. I am beginning to wonder if Tesla reduced our range (like they did with the 85 S) because the drop literally happened over a month after a software update.

Mine is also 1 year old and around 19000km. New was 425km, now is 423km. But it was also at 6% loss until I changed my charging habit. I was doing daily charge to 80%. Switched to 60% charge so that, based on my usage, I can drive it down to 20% and recharge to 60% every two day. After I changed the charging habit, the range slowly regained. I haven't tried charging to 100% since I switched the charging habit.

Reactions: KenC